It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepped Pyramid on Mars Image by Mars Express

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It might appear natural in the middle of the grand canyon but I don't see no canyon around there? In fact all I see is that massive tower? on top of those humongous steps? whatever they are. Everything looks too well thought out and neat and sharp cut to be a natural occurrence. Then there is the idea that it may be burried under several feet of mud or dirt etc.

I still don't understand why they are ignoring cydonia? what is it they are looking for? they know mars has water already right? so what are they REALLY looking for now?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I showed the pic to my husband who didn't think the pyramid was a big deal because

"he sees an entire rectangular complex which includes the pyramids, the the cave behind the pyramid and the cave next to it too."

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Check out all the little findings I posted on page 1 of this thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
What I wanna know is... when are they going to send a probe to the "face on mars" to settle THAT issue one way or another?

that was settled a loooong time ago... science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
looks pretty natural to me... but then again i'm no geologist so i could be wrong

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now what about The Fort? Has it been debunked as a natural element? They should get some clsoe ups of it.

Edit....in case your wondering, I mean The Fort in Cydonia.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
looking at it in the way RobertFenix described and how my hubby pointed it out to me, It does sort of look like a "Fort".

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i find it strange that the missionof the rovers is to seek out evidence of there ever being life on mars, yet they weren't sent to cydonia, the region that from what we knew before sending them had the highest chance of ever having life.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Nice find the whole area around it is a series of squares all through the picture just less defined than the steps in the corner, reminds me of the satelite shots of remains of ancient cities found here on earth. Where are pics or a link to this fort, first time I've heard about it. TIA

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
A Pyramid ? And what about this ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

This is what I am referring to.

See how the steps continue towards the right? This might be what's left of an etrance to some building. That square stone on top of the "pyramid" could be what's left of a collumn.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

See how the steps continue towards the right? This might be what's left of an etrance to some building. That square stone on top of the "pyramid" could be what's left of a collumn.....

These are buildings and Pyramid. It's so obvious. But I wonder why ESA did not censored these pics.What 's this new ESA game ? What are they expecting ?

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Aren't these just 3d radar images? Or renders from radar images?
They really look unnatural...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Aren't these just 3d radar images? Or renders from radar images?

Ok, but it's still an image and you know it.

It's hard to believe in what we can't see but it's also often hard to believe in what we CAN see isn't it ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
first of all ultra_phoenix: it isn't NASA thats taking these pics, it's ESA.

second, Zion these aren't radar images. these are taken by Mars Expres HRSC camera which is a high-resolution stereoscopic camera to give it's pictures a better 3D-view.

See:

www.esa.int...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Face on Mars v2.0 if you ask me.

For starters is a 3D digital creation using other data so it could just be smoothing or exageration of features.

More so, you can see all sorts of wacky things if you stare at natural structures long enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambiorix
first of all ultra_phoenix: it isn't NASA thats taking these pics, it's ESA.

Thx, but my post was already edited.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Thx, but my post was already edited.

Sorry, didn't see it until after I posted.

maybe what ESA is doeing is declaring some sort of independence in relation to NASA.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
WHAAAA!? The Ziggurat and surrounding plateau, r most int'.
The Zig' def' has 2 sep' stairs to each quadrangle, one lower than
the other. It reminds me of the Aztec's, Mayan's. I want to know
what's in images top-left and top-right. If the area is a result
of geo' activity, it would one of be 'mother natures' wonders. Everything in the whole area is almost at 90deg angles.
It kind of makes u wonder if some beings built this, forget
searching 4 evidence of water...of course there must of been
to hydrate the builders.
It's genu' wierd

p.s. I was bit of a sceptic re, Mars until now.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
If the area is a result of geo' activity, it would one of be 'mother natures' wonders.

A wonder ? I would name it a MIRACLE. Nature & geo activity NEVER did a pyramid.

Do I wrong ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join