It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepped Pyramid on Mars Image by Mars Express

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.esa.int...

It might just be me but in the upper left hand corner there appears to be a small stepped pyramid. just a little to the south and east appears to be an underground entrance.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This is what I am referring to.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Could be a pyramid I suppose, also could be nothing at all. Any idea how big those steps would be? Actual size I imagine they would have to be pretty friggin big?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
ok, I thought you were going nuts until I enlarged the pic.

BUT There is some sort of step action going on in that corner.....reminds me of the terraced rice field type steps that you would see in indonesia.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
very straight geometrical construction, I would find it odd that ground movement would have caused such straight shifts in the surface materials.

I think this could possibly be a remenant of some "ancient" construction.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
very straight geometrical construction, I would find it odd that ground movement would have caused such straight shifts in the surface materials.

I think this could possibly be a remenant of some "ancient" construction.

I doubt it.

I think it's jsut different layers of materials sucha s diferent layers of rocks, etc

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I doubt the authenticity of the photo graph, maybe there is a prymind there, but as long as Mankind knows how to go to space w/o losing any NASA crew members, and increase funding for NASA we can't do nothing except speculate.
I found this related pic of the face on mars
[url=http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/extended_may2001/face/]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The thing looks like a ziggurat. I think that was a bablonyian piramid or some other middle eastern tribe.Or even a Mayan temple.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yeah, i think it's nothing. just random layers of rock that happened to form that way. stuff like that does happen, even here on earth. there's a ton of odd geological formations here.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
what location on the planet is that photo?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
that does look strikingly simiar to a step pyramid. is there a way to estimate it's size?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought you were smoking way too much crack until I saw the enlargement. Looks intriguing. Still putting my money on natural formation.

There seems to be an underground cave base located in the vicinity as well. I think thats were the mars aliens live when they are not worshipping at the pyramid!

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Definitely a Ziggerat(stepped pyramid).
Nice find. There are naturally occuring rectilinear formations here on earth, but this does not look like one of them. On a side note, Major Ed Dames noted ex CIA remote viewer said on Art Bell last night that there were giant sentient machines underground on Mars. Reminds me of a recent space movie.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great pics, I think that shot is not too easy to dismiss as being a natural phenomena. It appears that there is not a great deal of rounding there and nothing else in the area to justify any breakage or searing action. Let's see the debunkers on this one.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This reminds me of The Fort...did they ever debunk that? or is it still an unknown?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What I wanna know is... when are they going to send a probe to the "face on mars" to settle THAT issue one way or another?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
why can't they just have Mars Express take some nice 3D pics of the Cydonia Plain????

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That is amazing. Is it Man/Alien made, or natural?

What are the chances of this being made through wind erosion and what not.

Deep

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
that looks awfully sexy, but i dun see any reason why it cudnt be natural. we've got plenty of things that look even funkier on Earth, and we're the ones with an atmosphere. knowing the approximate size would be a neat thing, though, give some vailidity to any theories.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
the whole basin from the right and below looks like it was "filled in" by some sort of flow, maybe volcanic ????

the light yellow stuff is blowing sand, as the ESA is using color filtering by density (I am guessing here) but if you look at all the right sides of the crater faces, ridge lines etc. You will see what appears like the sand blowing off from a strong wind current coming in from the left side of the photo. The sun light is coming from the top/ top right of the photo, hence the shadows towards the bottom bottom/ left.

But notice the "flat and stepped area" where the "underground" enterance is located is devoid of blowing sand.

the Chazm at the top left looks pretty deep and looks like it continues off the photo to the upper left. You can spot what appears to be a remant of a "bridge" of some sort, kind of like a shard in appearance.

the "straight" lines cross at 90 degree angles to the right of the pyramid structure. And there is what appears to be a sunken large square formation to the right of the pyramid.

The pyramid is not only stepped but has angled faces as well and is on a flat platform.

The "underground" entrance must actually go under the surface over hang as there are no details of the back side of the structure, except on the left side of the larger opening where you can see the detail start to drop off.

There is another "slot" type anomaly down and to the right of the main "underground" entrance. although it is facing away from the orbitors view.

Check out the "odd" impact crater on the top of the plateu across from the pyramid. It looks like a side impact but the crater, appears to be hole (maybe) a launch hole ? or Gun shaft ? looks odd that its right at the edge

There is another crater just to the right of it and it does not look the same. Plus I think a high speed side impact would have deformed the surrounding soil much more than what it appears

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join