It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping The Faith In China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
That's how the Jews/Romans/Greeks etc. felt about Christianity when it began. They were labeled a cult way back when...

Every religion in the world is delusional, cultish, fanatic, and infringing upon what could be labeled as some kind of freedom.

They emotionally manipulate and rob all Human logic from the entity. Any religious person stands no chance in a logic or philosophical battle against an athiest, because then they claim faith as a veil for stupidity.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Removing the illusion of religion from public reality (especially politics) is something you'd expect to be the norm. Unfortunately that's not the way it is and the Chinese government is well aware of this sad reality prevalent in much of the western world.

The way they're privately attempting to eradicate private beliefs though is ridiculous and it's not going to work in the long run. I could care less what you hold so dear but if you're not doing it in the limelight it shouldn't be an issue.

That's where China is failing and they're failing quite hard.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
But that's easier said than done... even bush uses god one too often. But religion also needs to be regulated... you can't have cults and unlicensed and radicle people running around preaching their own version of any religion .. can you ?

Actually I think that yes you can. So long as they don't interfere with state. I agree with you on Bush.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't deny that China has definitely the wrong approach to religion, but the people in those videos are extremely mentally ill.

C

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
stability ranks first in the China's priority list, then development.

China is a trasitionning nation, there must be this and that problems. religion indeed can relieve some dissent to some extent, so it can easily control ppl emotion, that is also a threat to social stability, particularly if it is utilized by exotic interest group. such the case is being prevented by China.

i am also sorry for the story of only one of two brothers can go to university for the reason of poverty. as a developing country, maybe we must experience such process. there indeed are some deficiencies in china's educational system. i cant deny this, and can do nothing than condemning china government's misconducts in this regard.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

wwssii
religion can no more control people to the point of social discontent then any other group. If you want to ban religion for that reason you might as well ban any group who meet regularly at a restaurant to play a game of cards or at a private home to have wild adult interactive parties.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
wwssii
religion can no more control people to the point of social discontent then any other group. If you want to ban religion for that reason you might as well ban any group who meet regularly at a restaurant to play a game of cards or at a private home to have wild adult interactive parties.

That's absurd. The point is that we as Human beings are evolving as we understand the universe around us. Many of us have come to the conclusion that there is no evidence for God, spirits, souls etc except for in the deuluded minds of the religious. No man ever walked on water and there is no Heaven and Hell except for what we create ourselves here while living.

I highly doubt that anyone playing cards would be fanatic enough to start a war. Where is the connection between religion, card playing, and wild adult interactive parties? Maybe I am missing it. I've never seen the "Poker Crusades", nor have I seen "Angela's Naked Jihad"?!?!?!

Someone point me in the right direction here. I'm lost as to how these things tie in together. Do card players have an imaginary diety? Do wild adult interactive parties attempt to control the world? Is there going to be a Card Players Vatican where the leader sends out his message every Sunday on how we should all live our lives?

I have no problem with people wanting to meet up and sing songs, praise existence and feel good. The infringement occurs when I wake up at 5 am and turn on BET to see a televeangelist taking phone calls speaking in toungues claiming to be healing people through the spirit of Jesus Christ... do you see the difference? Do you see the seriousness? That is craziness.

Now on another point I do believe that we can mentally heal ourselves because many of our problems are mental blocks, but religion robs us of logic, robs us of understanding that we all have the ability to do these things without the monetary and emotional reliance invested into the churches and the dieties. There's no logic in these organizations, only control mechanisms and power hungry beasts.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

As to the card Deity I regularly play cards and I do at times hear people menchen the card gods before trying to make a slam.

As to everything else, my entire point is that any group of people who meet regularly can create, be the catalyst, or be a group full of people with discontent. The religious groups are just the most well know ones. If it was not the religious groups it would be something else.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
As to the card Deity I regularly play cards and I do at times hear people menchen the card gods before trying to make a slam.

As to everything else, my entire point is that any group of people who meet regularly can create, be the catalyst, or be a group full of people with discontent. The religious groups are just the most well know ones. If it was not the religious groups it would be something else.

Possibly. Any group that attempts to control the planet and claim rightousness over others without proof of evidence or any form of logical discernment should be abolished. We need to all stop being such panzies and put our foot down. Haven't you seen what these types of organizations create? If you polarize something towards negative you're going to ultimately have an uprising of positive somewhere, and vice versa. Some group that is neutral needs to ultimately come to the forefront. Hopefully that group will someday be all of Humanity together.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Like what you said in this post better then the other on Last.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thank you as well.

I apologize if the first post came off as crude. It was more an attempt at humor contrast to totalitarianism.
I mean no harm! Promise!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Last
oh no harm at all. I just think the point is better made in the second post is all.
Thanks for your input also. You are much better with your words then I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join