It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I took the following photos while waiting at a book signing in Oak Brook,IL on 9/23/07 between 11:36am and 11:56am. I am facing North behind the Borders bookstore . I've submitted a report to MUFON and am currently awaiting an interview.

Lights in the Sky

Please let me know what you guys think about the photos. Also check the EXIF data while you are there.
The report is on MUFON under the date of the photos.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sin4jon3000

You are asking what we think?

(Mod edit- If you have nothing to add them please move along to another post, )

[edit on 25-12-2007 by asala]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
At first I thought, "I've been had!" All I saw was a lamp post in the sky!

Then I looked closer and saw a black dot.

Is that what you mean?

Is so, it's probably a faulty pixel in your camera.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents

I think this is crap and you are wasting everyones time!

No need to even post if that's all you're going to say.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have updated the set. I have cropped the photos to show detail. Hopefully this clears up the confusion. My fault, I should have known better.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Looks like a helicopter.

How did it move? Where did it go to? You gotta give a bit more than this...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It seems obvious that you were trying to capture the UFO (?) in your photos. So please tell us the verbal details of how this happened.

What did you see? hear? notice first? How long was the object in sight? Did it change directions? what was it's speed, and did that speed change at any point during the observation? Were there witnesses?

It helps to know the details. Whatever you remember about the incident.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
looks curious to me!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Couldn't tell ya what it is, but here's an enlarged version of it. Who was the book signing for?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
From East to West. I was watching planes take off from O'Hare which is NE of where I was standing. I had my EF 100-300 lens on my camera. I should have had my binoculars in my bag. Since I had my camera on my monopod I couldn't get the camera up high enough to take any pics of the planes. In shot 4725 you can see a plane to the far left, over the billboard, on the same line as the object. It's not in the cropped photo though. Camera was in for cleaning and check up at Irvine,CA facility on 10/5/07. No faulty pixels. Something like that would have been noted. Also the object is in different places in each frame. There is a big hair on the far right side though. But as you can see the object does change shape. Shot 4729 is the final shot before losing the object. I thought it was a flying bag at first. But there was no loud noise like a helicopter. All the photos show some sort of disturbance around the object. But if you look at the light poles you can see there is no such disturbance there.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
It seems obvious that you were trying to capture the UFO (?) in your photos. So please tell us the verbal details of how this happened.

What did you see? hear? notice first? How long was the object in sight? Did it change directions? what was it's speed, and did that speed change at any point during the observation? Were there witnesses?

It helps to know the details. Whatever you remember about the incident.

I've checked MUFON and there were no other people claiming to see this. It did not seem to change speed until the last frame. After that it was gone. I was only able to see it about 20 minutes.

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
Couldn't tell ya what it is, but here's an enlarged version of it. Who was the book signing for?

I was there for the Nikki Sixx book signing. I'll have an entire folder on photobucket under sin4jon3000. You can check on there. All the photos are from after the photos of the object. Ok back to topic!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

WOW, Why the rudeness to a member who is looking for an answer to a legitimate question. I see no reason to respond in that manner.

Very interesting Photos, the object looks to change it's frontal positioning throughout the pictures, I'll have to download your shots and take a closer look.

One question, is there a reason for not shooting the pictures at a higher resolution with the camera you had which can shoot in raw?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I didn't think about it until later. I wasn't thinking that there would be something in the shot of importance. I honestly thought it was a bag or maybe a large R/C model. Next time I do see something I will shoot in combo RAW/L JPG.
The design and price point leave something to be desired when pushed. I really can't go higher than 250mm in focal length. It goes soft, really bad. I didn't want blurry photos. I focused manually, the auto focus couldn't cut it.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Interesting pics sin4jon3000, thanks for sharing.

Never mind the trolls, they'll get theirs.

Best thing to do is resist responding directly to their juvenile, attention seeking comments and hit the alert button at the bottom of their posts.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hey dude: merry christmas first of all.
What's the purpose of your post?

Shall the people FEAR to post something here in order to avoid to get ridiculous because there is people like you, MMMMHH?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorscoder

You are correct and I apoligise for my rudeness. To the Op...I see you are from Illinois. I grew up in Illinois. The only reason I am here anyway is because of what I saw living 20 minutes southeast of Joliet 23 years ago.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106
Looks like a helicopter.

How did it move? Where did it go to? You gotta give a bit more than this...

Thats what I thought.. Plus city noise pollution, you probably couldn't hear it.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks too stretched out to be a helicopter. That's just my opinion though.

First thing I actually thought of when I saw the enlarged version was a duck. The head being on the right and the tail on the left.

Also to the OP. It's best to ignore anything Gauncents says in my honest opinion. The person seems to enjoy nothing more but triggering anger in people. Don't let it get to you. The apology means nothing. Look at his original post compared to his attitude now. Why the sudden change in the attitude? Don't let it fool you. He's apologizing to keep from getting warned or banned. Nothing more.

I have him ignored but can still see what's said by him when it's quoted or when I'm making a reply because it doesn't hide the messages under this reply box.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
First, welcome to ATS.

Second, Mr. Sixx is an interesting
guy. Enjoy the book.

Third, you were near an airport.

It looks like a blimp of some sort,
to me.

You made a report to MUFON, which
I applaud.

Hope you find out what it was.

Suggestion :

Go back to the same place, same
time and look for it.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It could be a mylar balloon, but it is also pretty dark. It's hard to estimate an accurate size.

Being near an airport it could be a number of things. I certainly don't think it is a helicopter as previously stated in this thread, or anything as large.

Like folks have said here, be sure to back at the same time and location to see if it is there once more. If it is, you may have a reasonable explanation for it being there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join