It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu fears, Is it getting worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Now I am guessing if your on this forum you may have heard of the Human-to-Human transmission rumors. From the news I have gathered for this post I think the bird flu is progressing in the wrong way. Last year in June you had a case of confirmed Human-to-Human transmission. It is rare yes, but now this year theres two more of these. In a relatively short period of time.

You had the Chinese son infecting his father, and now even more recently a family from Pakistan is suspected as another case of Human-to-Human transmission. In accordance with the situation has been, the WHO has had the pandemic threat level a 3. Not to enlist fears, but I am thinking it will be a 4 soon enough. A level 3 is No or very limited Human-to-Human transmission. Given the fact more and more cases are being suspected a 4 may be in order.

A level 4 is Evidence of increased Human-to-Human transmission. I pray I am wrong, but I think the bird flu is progressing faster and in a direction that could cause many troubles for our society. Below are the links to my several sources. Enjoy and please reply!

The Human-to-Human transmission Case of June 2006-Confirmed

The Case involving the Chinese father

WHO-Pakistan Human-to-Human transmission possible

Another site for the Pakistan Case

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Based on the facts, I feel that it is already at level four but the WHO doesnt want to scare the masses by changing it so suddenly after giving the "ok"

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It may be true they don't want to scare the masses, but don't you think it would be better if people knew how bad it is getting? I would rather at least have the chance to prepare for it instead of it going from a rank 3 to a 6 in one day because of the fact people would be afraid.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is so true.I wish there wasnt so much govt blackout That is also why i am constantly researching the new cases that come up. So to put the pieces together. they way things are looking now, i am well on my way to making preps.. have you started any preps?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I hate it when the government keeps stuff quiet. But that is how its done. Oh well someday maybe they will be truthful. Not really sure how to prepare for something like this.

Hilda

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As for the question about preparing. I am in a way. I am stocking up on water bottles, canned goods, and other such necessities. For in a time of pandemic you do not want to be stuck having to go outside just to live.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've been keeping an interested eye on it and yes, it appears to be mutating effectively enough to transmit human to human.

What really has me concerned is this article about H7 birdflu being more pathenogenic to humans than previously disclosed. Now the reports of H7N3 being present in an area with H5N1 lead me to believe that if the two viruses meet that they could further mutate in a much more pathenogenic and deadly birdflu form.

In it's original H5N1 state it's tranmission rate was diminished and therefore was likely only to transmit from bird to human. It has mutated sufficiently that direct human to human contact for prolonged periods COULD yield transmission of the virus, but even that was unlikely. Now, in contact with a much more transmissable form, H7N3, the H5N1 could recombine with the more virulent strain creating a form of super bird-flu. Has me very concerned.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos Comes
As for the question about preparing. I am in a way. I am stocking up on water bottles, canned goods, and other such necessities. For in a time of pandemic you do not want to be stuck having to go outside just to live.

I am also collecting water bottles. and canned goods. mustnt forget toiletries and first aid. meds and what not. yes it is so true. going out side is not good at all and not safe

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
FYI,

Avian Flu Pandemic

I'm not trying to promote the above site, because it does not need that at all.
I just listened the hole show and I have to say that...

I hope this can bring more light on this issue.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have a thread started a thread earlier on a vaccine that has promise - take a look. It has a link to the bbc article. It's a one time (lifetime) vaccine for any Influenza Type A virus (H5N1).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's a one time vaccine...

...for a one time life.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
LOL NICE!!! Yes. Instead of the yearly flu vaccine (if you believe it works or get it) it would be a one shot and out deal. Even though the vaccine does not have a Influenza B component, it still would be good. But yes...One time shot for a one time life! Very Nice!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think worrying about bird flu is important..... But what if we get side swiped by something unexpected when were looking the other way?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well just when we had a handle on SARS - BOOM! H5N1. Ebola still can make a great showing if it ever was to become an airborne virus. Anyone of the plagues could do it, so could Smallpox or Anthrax.
Hell, as we look into the microscopes, the asteroid will get us from above.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree with you Harddrive21. It seems that when we try to fix one problem, another seems to happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Based on the facts it IS already at level four.
How can I justify that statement.

The level 4 only requires local clusters of human infection. There are indeed local clusters. Google news search reveals that.

How have the levels been determined? Based on historical data. IE: News articles. Our current news articles show clusters.

The human to human factor in determining level 4 is a red herring.
It is knowable only in the past tense. Based either upon large infectee number clusters, or upon the arrival of level 5. Once you can identify human to human, you are effectively entering level 5.

Once you reach level 5 you can accurately postdict the onset of level 4. For all intents and purposes of determining current level. We have reached level 4.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Actually I read an article yesterday that gave very strong arguments that bird flu does not and will never have pandemic potential:

articles.mercola.com...

new topics

top topics

join