It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Republic admits that American Anti-Missile system in Europe aimed against Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Czech Republic admits that American Anti-Missile system in Europe aimed against Russia

top.rbc.ru

Ministre for Foreign Affairs in Czech Republic Karel Schwarzenberg said that he wouldn't mind if the American radar in Czech Republic would keep an eye on Russian territory
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
the article is in russian, but i tried to translate a small part

top.rbc.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Vondra said that "for us in the Czech Republic, which lies between Germany and Russia, the presence of the radar and several American soldiers is a good thing."

article

If you have heard the news, in which the Russian state television broadcasts, you have heard the American Radar in the Czech Republic close to Prague had already been built. This news is definitely a hoax.

article

The Russians are against the Radar, according to Moscow, it is a danger for the strategic balance in Europe, and the threads because of which the Americans want to place the radar, doesn’t exist. Both, CR and Poland have rejected the threads as unacceptable.

article

I'm from Latvia, which is located not far from Poland and borders with Russia, and anti-missile plan sounds as a very unthoughtful or maybe arrogant idea

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank god the cold war is over. If Russia wasn't our bff I'd be worried.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How do you "aim" an anti-missile rocket at a country?

Anyway, heres a Translation to English.

From what I gather by the translation, the minister's opinion is that the radar should be watching Russia, rather than Iran.

PS.
I think its fantastic that you are able to post news from Latvia. Thats part of what makes ATS great IMO. I hope you continue to bring us news from there.

[edit-speeling]

[edit on 12/24/07 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
UM russia is our BFF are you smoking crack?

am i missing something or did russia just tear up the cold war treaty.

called bush a criminal and voted for war if us invades iran.

this is the actions of a best friend intresting.

BTW i am not argueing the point of bush being a criminal.

just clearly they are not for us intensions

[edit on 25-12-2007 by NWOplayerhater]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

My BFF comment was meant as a joke. I don't really think that any country in this world, even the UK is the US's BFF.

new topics

top topics

join