It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: The Year We Make Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms
You are mocking me for believing that Apollo astronauts
may have seen a monolith?

No. I'm asking a serious question.

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms
And that it is also ridiculous to think Close Encounters-
and other Sci-Fi movies-
may be propaganda tools of the government?

Yes, yes it is ridiculous. Because humans are very imaginative creatures, and do not need government influence to write fantastic stories, especially when it comes to aliens.

Did the government influence HG Wells to write "War of the Worlds?" Or HP Lovecraft to write "At the Mountains of Madness" or "The Whisperer in the Darkness." Or Alex Raymond to create "Flash Gordon"?

Maybe "Night of the Living Dead" is just a government propaganda tool to prepare us for a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, yes...pure genius...the government was setting us up so we can deal with zombies with night of the living dead......great analogy. I never ceases to amaze me how people foolishly cling to the theory that the government has a hand in Hollywood and tells them what movies to make in order to prepare the population for alien contact. If that's the case, well they have been at it for a while and I think we can safely assume we're ready for crying out loud.....

And not to mention all those cheesy chick flicks my wife makes us rent......

I mean, come on, if E.T. didn't prepare an entire generation for alien contact then I don't know what their waiting for...unless John Carpenter's The Thing was actually the one they pushed for, lol.....

[edit on 27-12-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If what we hear from whistle-blowers is correct, the government is heavily involved on the Moon, on Mars and other areas of the solar system. There is no need for the common populace to know this in their opinion. They did uncover ancient civilizations and this is what the monolith represents. The monolith also represents the harbinger of consciousness to man, as hinted by it's ability to provoke mathematical thought for the 'ancestor apes'.

I do believe 2010 is symbolic of our current state. I don't know if it was intentionally accurate to what's going on with our government-space affairs.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Yes, yes it is ridiculous. Because humans are very imaginative creatures, and do not need government influence to write fantastic stories, especially when it comes to aliens.

Actually, the concept of aliens, like represented in the movies, was introduced through EXTERNAL affairs. That is to say, no, man-kind did not imagine Greys, and we did not always have them in our movies.

Let's just assume, that Hollywood is not the origination of these ideas. That these fantastic ideas of aliens etc. are re-hashed accounts from other peoples personal experience. This isn't just something to consider, it's what actually happened.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iraqi_Fighter_Pilot

Hi Iraqi_Fighter-Pilot,

You might want to create a new topic on your experience if you haven't already done so. Your experience is getting lost within the static of 2010. And yes, your in the right place.

Take care,

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

HDF, please overlook and excuse our wayward ones; we each have our own views and knowledge and personal sometimes professional points of view; the premise that our government is having influence on certain film topics as a propoganda tool is a very debateable topic; but understand,some of our residents,both long term and newly joined, would refuse to believe an alligator has sharp teeth unless first bitten. please share your thoughts on Spiked's link with us;some of us are truly interested in what you find.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
More images of the moon from ESA via SMART-1, 3 years worth of lunar data.

Images and video archive

"SMART-1 was launched succesfully as an Ariane-5 auxiliary payload on 27 September 2003 and entered lunar orbit on 15 November 2004. The planetary objective selected for the SMART-1 mission was to orbit the Moon for a nominal period of 6 months, with a possible extension of one year.

On 10 February 2005 the ESA Science Programme Committee endorsed unanimously the proposed one-year extension of SMART-1, pushing back the mission end date from August 2005 to August 2006."

The operational mission of SMART-1 ended on 3 September 2006, at 05:42:22 UT, when the New Norcia ground station in Australia suddenly lost radio contact with the spacecraft. SMART-1 ended its journey in Lacus Excellentiae, at longitude 46.2° West and latitude 34.4° South.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hello again HDF and my fellow monolith enthusiasts, I dug around the ATS grounds and found an old monolith thread worthy of bringing back up from the land of the forgotten and unread......I give to you a thread about a possible monolith on the asteroid Eros.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's only about a year old. As far as the pics, I dont have the links or the source other than this thread....so I am going to post the photo credits to Mike Singh. If you require further details, I'd suggest you contact Mike for those. Dont worry, he doesn't bite....enjoy.

spikeD.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I just seen the movie 2010 last night, I have to say for being such an old movie it was pretty good. Some parts of the movie I did not quite understand. Such as the old lady in the Hospital that died after you see her hair brush raise and starts brushing her hair then she dies. (Did not quite get this part or what it had to do with anything)

But I love the part when Jupiter becomes a Sun, never heard of a monolith floating in space but I know there are quite a few interesting ones here on Earth.

I just watched Mars Rising a month ago on the Science Channel, the addressed issues about going nuts in space for long periods of time and creating artificial gravity and relying on by wire from the launch at the end. (E.G. HAL)

It was interesting watching 2010 and how they addressed these sames issues with far distance space travel.

Even now and back then when the movie was made the director or writer knew that the Russians and Americans would not be able to do far space travel without each others help.

Considering that this movie was made in 1984. (23 years ago), it was well thought out. HAL reminded me of Dr. Theopolis on the NBC show Buck Rogers, 1979-1980. At least to voice..

That's all I wanted to say.

[edit on 31/12/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
2010 is a great film--- hard to do a sequel to 2001 that can compare,
but Peter Hyams did it...

As for the old lady in the hospital-
that was Dave Bowman's Mom... he visited her,
combed her hair, and then she died... happy.

He also visited his ex-wife, via the TV.

Anyway- to answer SAVIOUR's question:

Yes, I think it is POSSIBLE that certain films have been designed
as desensitizing propaganda tools.

Of course- not ALL Sci-Fi films are... I would say 95% have NOTHING to do with the government... but a few... yes- I think it is possible.

I think Milk's links to the info about Apollo 10 is the essence of what I am offering here- that the government, rather than come out and say this or that is the truth.... "tests" the truth using the form of fiction...

I love the info I found at the link, and I believe it all-
I believe they indeed found a monolith there.

I believe that is how Sagan got cancer...

I wouldn't be here at ATS if I did not believe in conspiracies...

And I think some movies... a SMALL minority... are the result of
government conspiracy...

While others are simply the independent work of artists and non-artists.

TPM

May your 2008 be better than my 2007.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is some information from ESA (SMART-1) site that describe the differences between the near side and far side but they don't have a precise or scientific explanation for them yet. Maybe it can provide some clues to the many anomalies and strange formations found in images of the far side, the surface is more complex (fractured rock etc) since it has not been smoothed by lava streams.

"After the first lunar missions orbited the Moon, it was discovered that unlike the near side, the far side is lacking large lava plains, or maria. The far side is mainly composed of heavily cratered highlands, while only very small areas contain smooth lava plains."

Sorry,forgot to post the full URL to image and text:
smart.esa.int...

[edit on 1-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt

I'm not understanding why you're asking if things in known fiction movies are real. No, there isn't a monolith on the moon like that in 2001. And how would the guy who wrote 2010: The Year We Make Contact, know we'll make contact and when? All fiction, and certainly doesn't need a thread started about it. As much as I keep pleading for people to use their built-in filters to filter out reality from fiction before cluttering this forum with threads, nobody seems to listen.

I suggest you watch the latest video on the Project Camelot website www.projectcamelot.net... and you will realise that Arthur C Clarke knows a LOT more than you are prepared to credit him with. Deny ignorance, watch the video. They are going to try and interview him; hopefully he can tell us what he knows before he passes. The monolith on the moon is apparently real. You may think this stuff is fiction because you've been conditioned to accept reality as presented to you, but you have to understand that some of this stuff actually comes from real events. In the Project Camelot interview, they discuss certain scenes in the movie Total Recall which are based on actual Mars bases. Mindblowing stuff. I haven't seen Total Recall for years, but might have to rent it out again to see what they are talking about.

Also remember that Spielberg consulted with J Allen Hynek on Close Encounters, also based on real ET contact. Before you plead for people to filter reality from fiction on this forum, perhaps you'd be best advised to filter your fiction from reality!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Originally posted by tangent45

NASA have some good pictures in their archives, Apollo crew brought Hasselblads with them to the surface of the moon, Clementine (1.8 million photos) had the HIRES camera and so on. Do you suggest that all these images are fake or have been edited? I've screened some of the pictures and i can't come up with anything that resembles structures, artifacts or any trace of ancient cultures.

Yes. Everything has now been digitally edited except photos published and printed prior to 1970.

You will not find any photos that resemble "structures, artifacts or any traces of ancient cultures" including our presence on the moon at this time.

It is a secret and it will remain a secret for a long, long time.

Thanks for your input, and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Yes. Everything has now been digitally edited except photos published and printed prior to 1970. You will not find any photos that resemble "structures, artifacts or any traces of ancient cultures" including our presence on the moon at this time.

It is a secret and it will remain a secret for a long, long time.
Thanks for your input, and Happy New Year.

Ok Mr Lear, thank you for your time and response, i am asking perhaps a lot of questions that already have been answered on ATS or the Pegasus site. I am currently reading some older threads on ATS. /Happy new year.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I truly believe this will be the year we make contact.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join