It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: The Year We Make Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fraank FontaineDate? Time? Year? Official report? (Radar operating in Baghdad? Advanced communication infrastructure? US drones and an Iraqi air presence at the same time? this limits it, if was even possible, to certain specific time frames that can be checked).

This could be *very* easy to debunk or prove with these facts... which is maybe why they are not included?

Is there really a need to be soo pushy and soo quick to call somethng fake?

You're implying he's making it all up because he didn't provide every single little detail in the first post and that's not how it works, alright? You can't judge someone and call them a fake because you didn't like that every single little detail wasn't originally given out.

I swear. The attitudes of a lot of the people who have registered on ATS in the last week is really starting to annoy me to no end. Most of them have done nothing but attack others very quickly for no valid reasons at all.

-------------------------

Anyway, about the movies. I've never seen all of 2010 and I saw 2001 when I was 17, I'm 28 now and I remember watching it that first time and after watching it I said "OK.....WTF was that about?"
Watching it a few more times since then I understand the movie well and still impressed with the effects Kubrick pulled off for the film for that time and this was before Star Wars came out. Some of the effects in 2001 blow away some stuff in the original Star Wars.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think I will ever understand the need people have to make interstellar contact with a superior race. Can anyone clue me in? I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I can't see why anyone with the capability to get here would want to get here. I mean if we really wanted to reach out to something different for the purposes of expanding our minds and bettering our world , wouldn't we learn Spanish? Maybe Chinese? Or French? If there ever was anyone/anything visiting our planet, we probably have the same chance of recognizing it as a tadpole recognizes a boy scout's hand before he scoops him into a mason jar (See? I new the Masons were behind it all!)
Are they going to make us all intelligent? Could they make mean people nice and nice people mean just for the heck of it? Please, even if it seems I'm making a mockery, do respond with why we entertain this notion. I absolutely want to understand the thought process. Happy days to everyone.

And if you have secret information revealed only to you or have some inside knowledge of another planet or stargates or reptile people, etc., please save your typing skills for video games.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by WarrenPiece]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

i realise you are a new member,joined today as a matter of fact; but the T&C require tact,courtesy,and dignity towards all posters; why so quick to cut and dice in a discussion forum on your first day?

to iraqi_fighter_pilot: could ascertain if indeed your missles did impact the target? and were you flying alone or with a wingman?

thanks for your post.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WarrenPiece

For the same reason that we would want to get "there". Curiosity, mystery, discovery, knowledge, excitement, suspense.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Seriously? I would think mastering time/space travel would be enough excitement for anyone/anything.
And if they're contacting us to protect and bring us into the fold of an intergalactic family, why didn't the reptile people save the dinosaurs instead of letting that rock slam into the Yucatan? That must've been a big oops for the scaly bugger team.
Personally, I think if we see contact it will be closer to 3010. That'll give us time to lose that primordial smell.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarrenPiece
I don't think I will ever understand the need people have to make interstellar contact with a superior race. Can anyone clue me in? I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I can't see why anyone with the capability to get here would want to get here. I mean if we really wanted to reach out to something different for the purposes of expanding our minds and bettering our world , wouldn't we learn Spanish? Maybe Chinese? Or French? If there ever was anyone/anything visiting our planet, we probably have the same chance of recognizing it as a tadpole recognizes a boy scout's hand before he scoops him into a mason jar (See? I new the Masons were behind it all!)
Are they going to make us all intelligent? Could they make mean people nice and nice people mean just for the heck of it? Please, even if it seems I'm making a mockery, do respond with why we entertain this notion. I absolutely want to understand the thought process. Happy days to everyone.

And if you have secret information revealed only to you or have some inside knowledge of another planet or stargates or reptile people, etc., please save your typing skills for video games.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by WarrenPiece]

People only assume they are intelligent because they can do deep space travel and we can't. They have cool space ships that can zip around space, and we don't have any that cool.

Every story you hear is only speculation based upon the evidence reported, testimonies given.

You asked why would they come here? Ask yourself why do we go to the moon or plan to go to mars? We do so with remote robots with cameras or orbiters taking photos of the planet. Have you ever thought that they could be doing the same? Maybe the small UFO's or Orbs zipping around is their version of robots taking video or photos or atmospheric analysis?

We send remote robots with cameras to take pictures of the Mars surface to look for life, water, artifacts and possibly a manned mission to terraform the planet so we can possibly make a base there.

If we make a base on Mars, we can explore a planet to discover new resources that are not on our table of elements. Or we maybe we could heat up the planet by just being there. Carbon dioxide traps the suns heat over time (Heck, it is causing global warming here)

Mars Rising on History Channel

Mars Rover

So now you ask, why the hell would they come here to teach us anything and you said that you expect that we would make contact in the year 3010, why would YOU think that just 1000 years would make a difference? There has been records that they have been visiting during the B.C period?

Sumerian Artifacts

I think I recall Bob Dean regarding the human race is possibly not intelligent enough to comprehend what they could teach us. And to use the analogy he used he said "It would be like trying to teach your dog Calculus."

Maybe they are just here to discover or learn something about our planet that can help them. As the rest of us here on Earth only hope we can make contact to learn something from them. You know, UFO Ships, space travel, where do they come from etc etc.

Maybe to some people like myself, we like to think there is more to life than just money, wars, religion or learning another language.

I think as a race, we need to learn more about ourselves before we go to other planets just the rule it or make claim to it by a handful of wealthy people.

You asked for it so that's my two cents.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

I think our reasons for going anywhere are empirical. That's especially evident now. The only reason we're going back to the moon is because others are beating us to the punch. We can get data now without being there. Now we're going back to push another nation off of it. The first one to build a base on the moon wins. I am motoring under the assumption that there are no military bases anywhere other than ones that are on Earth.
I also don't personally entertain the Sumerian theory about alien contact. I do honestly believe that if we have been contacted it's been by accident.
I don't want this to go way off topic. I am firmly in the camp who believes contact hasn't happened yet, B.C. or A.D. I'm interested in what motivates people into thinking we need contact. I don't think we could handle it mentally. That's why I chose 3010. Our political, religious, economic, social systems would all have to change. I just wonder if anyone has thought about what it would be like one month after contact.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WarrenPiece

According to a recent History Channel show about "The Race Back To The Moon". They say we are going there for Helium 3 which is a new source of energy that could fuel our planet. Helium 3 is something along the lines of Nuclear Fission and Lockheed Martin is actually making Bulldozers for mining operations on the moon and Robots that could mine on the dark side of the moon.

They could also use the Moon as a base to create Rocket Fuel because Lockheed Martin was able to squeeze H2O out of Moon Dust Samples from the Apollo Missions.

So they are saying who ever controls the moon can control the Earth for Energy resources. I am not sure if this is just really an Empirical reason I believe you tried to list in your last comment. They know what is there and what they are going to do and it will be interesting to see who pounds there chest to control the land on the Moon.

I am sure there are a handful of Scientist/Astronauts/Engineers that want to accomplish successful missions to the moon for the good of humanity. But it's the people who fund these programs that are doing it as there personal PHALLIC symbol for money, greed, power and control.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

I just put it in my queue on Netflix....seems interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

"2010: The Year We Make Contact"

think that, like Close Encounters, there may have been government

involvement in the project as a way of desensitizing us all to disclosure?

In the film, the Jupiter moon Europa is cited as a possible alien base
of some kind.

More importantly, is the MONOLITH, from both 2001 and 2010,
a real thing?

This is just silly.

Do you believe the Halos are real? What about the Covenant? Perhaps the video game Halo was influenced by the government to tell us the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Ah yes! I see it!

It's...it's...it's...another blurry, indecipherable picture in a field drowning in blurry, indecipherable pictures.

Originally posted by johnlear
Let me respectfully suggest that Arthur C. Clarke knows infinitely more than you do.

And that is not somehow proof that the government is influencing movies or that Clarke is somehow clued in to when we're making "contact."

I guess if you believe that to be the case, then I guess Clarke is also clued in to the government resurrecting dinosaurs to be our slaves, and that the Monoliths are going to destroy humanity.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hey there HDF, reading through the thread - unless I overlooked it. It doesnt look like anybody really got you what you what you were looking for in the way of info regarding that monolith. Well.... never fear Santa SpikeD is here:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Is it it real? I dont know, but its a good read otherwise. Enjoy and enlighten me/us with your thoughts later. Happy Holidays.

spikeD

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Seriously? I would think mastering time/space travel would be enough excitement for anyone/anything.

That was the implication being stated. Everything that comes with contacting and visiting them is everything it would take to manage such an event and the forthcomings afterwards.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hello everybody, long time lurker first time poster.

I am starting to get the feeling that some people in here are getting desperate for something to happen. I have seen several posts from people trying to pass of some crummy picture as the definite truth with no evidence what so ever, and im have even seen one where some guy claimed to be an alien. Anyway i believ in UFO´s and i hope to experience contact soon, but if you are going to post something it would be nice to see evidence.

Okay to the guy claiming that there are cities on the moon..... Come on. I know i havent been there but im willing to guess that neither have you....picturs say more than a thousand words :-D And not pictures of rocks that you think look like some kind of machine.

About the iraqi pilot, im pretty sure they use the metric system in iraq so why would an iraqi pilot use anything else? Furthermore why use us to fid out information about what happend to him? I suspect it is just some guy trying to get people hyped about nothing.

Offcourse i could be wrong:-)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If there ever was anyone/anything visiting our planet, we probably have the same chance of recognizing it as a tadpole recognizes a boy scout's hand before he scoops him into a mason jar (See? I knew the Masons were behind it all!)

Haw, haw, haw...that's a really funny quip, and you didn't get fair credit for it. Welcome aboard, and don't be afraid to keep your bravo sierra detector engaged. I mean, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have an imagination, but I also follow the maxim "If you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

Further, personally, I think the scientific method keeps us from being total arses about what we choose to believe in. You can't call it a fact until it's been proven...no matter how cool it sounds, or how good the movie was. I'm ok with that.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
thank you sir for your interest, in 1995 the IrAF was running thin, sanctions ,no fly zones , scanty spare parts, 15 only fully operational Mig 25P/RB remained as the target was slow and low and baghdad cntrol thought it was an american predetor i was scarmbled alone.
i fired 2 R-23's Air to Air, i heard no explosion just a huge flash of light that blinded me, target was to my 12 oclock high light filled my cockpit i was fearful that i was low and fast so went to full afterburn and pulled up radar showed nothing i circled the area from 10000 feet then from 5000 feet,, nothing,,baghdad was painting the target reported its gone,,,,did i shoot it down,,i certainly dont know,,were the americans painting the target as well i dont know,,did they have any air assets in the area at that time i dont think so,,none other than the target and didnt look or fly like any aircraft i know..

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mr Milk

THANKS SO MUCH...

You are correct sir- no one seemed to know about the Apollo anecdote
to supposedly influenced Arthur C Clarke.

I really appreciate the link- the info wa exactly what I sought-\
to read myself and discuss together.

Please check the link a few posts above here by SpoiledMilk!

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
all civilian and military aviation in iraq use feet/knot the altimeter on the Mig 25 is in meters offcourse but radar and control use feet thus conversion is necessary,,,you can verify that with FAA/CAA or any pilot who flew in iraq...i am new to ATS so if its the wrong place for this i apologise i just wanted to say what happned...may be somone was there that night..
thanks

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
NASA have some good pictures in their archives, Apollo crew brought Hasselblads with them to the surface of the moon, Clementine (1.8 million photos) had the HIRES camera and so on. Do you suggest that all these images are fake or have been edited? I've screened some of the pictures and i can't come up with anything that resembles structures, artifacts or any trace of ancient cultures.

Pictures from different missions available at:
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Apollo 11, Apollo 12, Apollo 14, Apollo 15, Apollo 16, Apollo 17
Clementine, Galileo, Luna 3
Lunar Orbiter 1 2 3 4 and 5
Ranger 7, 8 and 9
Surveyor 5 and 7

I am not sure about the far side of the moon, its synchronous rotation make images of that side exclusive to space agencies that can afford to send equipment into space but there are pictures of that side of the moon in the NASA archives aswell. Detailed and accurate pictures taken from earth of the observable side of the moon (non agency images) must be easily made given the equipment we have today?

Cheers.

Additional agency archives:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
images.jsc.nasa.gov...
nix.larc.nasa.gov...
ESA Rosetta: www.esa.int...

[edit on 26-12-2007 by tangent45]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Saviour\

You are mocking me for believing that Apollo astronauts
may have seen a monolith?

And that it is also ridiculous to think Close Encounters-
and other Sci-Fi movies-
may be propaganda tools of the government?

PLEASE SEE SpikedMilk's link to the APOLLO 10 experience.

Then comment. And no- I do not think HALO is real.

TPM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join