It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best gift you received this Christmas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I want a do-over from above. The best gift I have personally recieved was one giant teardrop from my Father's eye. One and one only. Diamonds have no value compared to the twinkling of that single drop of emotion. It was a happy tear.

Mira

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

You will always be Daddy's girl.And there will always be happy tears.Tom is like me, backwards.There will always be happy tears from me too hon.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I received the best gift of all. It was given a long time ago and is still the most precious gift ever given......the birth of our living God Jesus Christ!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thought I'd better check back in.

I've had one of the best days in years, one of those rare days when everything just went so well. My old Auntie was just a delight and she got more and more funny as she drank glass after glass of wine ... and the kids were fantastic too, we spent a good hour just sitting on the floor playing with toys and having a laugh. And the food got a thumbs up too, and I reckon my guests weren't just being polite either (the food was my main worry tbh ... I'm not a great cook).

My friend, well he wasn't so good when he arrived ... he was dirty and had that "hunted" look in his eyes, that look which maybe some of you who know folks with schizophrenia might recognise. But we got him in the shower, gave him a change of clothes and as the day progressed his mood just brightened. And everyone was so good with him too.

And when he opened his "big present" (the television), jeeps, he just looked at it and asked "is that really for me ?" with such innocence, man, I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

Memorable day, it really was. Hope you've all had your own good day too

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Best gift?

Probably my Dad's smile when he opened my gift to him. He said:

Thanks babe...it's beautiful.

He has Altzeimers.

He might never remember what I gave him tomorrow on the 26th, but to see him smile tonite...is beyond words.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My 8 year old is playing Guitar Hero on a new Wii and 58" plasma...

God I wish I was my dad...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
One of my sisters got me a bottle of "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo.Lol

A shampoo from the late 70's/early 80's that Jergens used to make, but they quit selling it here like 20 years ago. She ordered it online from the Philippines, I believe.

Nothing better than a blast from the past.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Again..another two thumbs up from me.Wow, just wow.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
One of my sisters got me a bottle of "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo.Lol

A shampoo from the late 70's/early 80's that Jergens used to make, but they quit selling it here like 20 years ago. She ordered it online from the Philippines, I believe.

Nothing better than a blast from the past.

Wow! I remember that from when I was a kid.And BODY ON TAP shampoo that had beer in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
OMG! I loved Body on Tap! Just looked it up and they sell it out of Africa!

Thanks for the fun thread!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Material gift? a 159 piece lego tie fighter kit. Yeah I'm 47 but at heart I'm still a kid.

Non-material? Being with my friends for christmas for the first time in 2 years. Priceless.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Material gift? a 159 piece lego tie fighter kit. Yeah I'm 47 but at heart I'm still a kid.

Wow! That is an awesome gift. I would love to put that bad boy together, then take it apart and put something else together, then take that apart and rebuild the Tai Fighter.

Have fun.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A sterling silver necklace with a large crystal pendant programed for protection by Evelyn Paglini.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Great Thread AD...

Well number one on the list would be the aforementioned Birth of our Savior..

But more personally was the almost 100% improvement in my health on my last checkup.. Just got the news Friday before Christmas...

Had some health issues the past few years and looks like everything is on the "up" swing...

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas...

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Semper that is great news! What a wonderful gift!
Have a Happy New Year my friend!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Africa? Really?
I wonder why they stopped selling it in North America?I loved that stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Lego...GRRRR.The scourge of my life.
Hope you have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well the best "gift" this year was seeing my mom pick up the guitar hero guitar and play! It was awsome, considering she has never played a video game in her life! A very close 2nd was the whole family sitting together drinking wine and watching our Xmas eve movie!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Semperfortis, God bless you! And i wish you continued health!!

I got a large High Def tv which is beautiful! Right now i'm extremely upset because i punched in the wrong button on the remote and all i get is "no signal"

I consulted with my son over the phone but that didnt get me anywhere.

Overall, i counted all my blessings and thanked the lord for everything i have, like family and health.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

HAHA, I have to laugh DG.When it comes to electronic gizmos and gadgets my vibes just don't jive. I get my son to help me with all of it too.
I'm completely useless at it.:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join