It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best gift you received this Christmas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Of course Iam not just talking about material things.Unless you feel you got something REALLY GOOD.
What did you receive this year that made it the best holiday for you?
A special gift?
Some good news?
A loved one visiting whom you don't see very often?
A loved one whom you see TOO Often not showing up.
lol
Tell me what really made this December 25 special.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, my co-worker in our London office had a baby today at 3:33pm. He's really excited, and we're all really happy for him. It couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Now he's taking paternity leave and I'm catching a flight to London for two weeks just after New Years to cover for him. I was planning on heading over in Feb, but now it's party out for New Years, then catch a flight. It'll be cool!

I also got this cool GPS device

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
My dad is coming to visit on the 26th!

This will be the first time he's come down to Tennessee to visit since I moved down here 3 years ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Solitude.

Single-word one-liner....

Geez....

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My fav gift is I've been asked to give a gift. Someone special asked me to dance with someone special.

I humbly ask for the assistance of the collective body of experience and cultural knowledge from the community to do a good deed. I likely can't repay the favour, I'll try. I have until Wednesday afternoon to come up with and transport USB with the ultimate slow dance song of all time vid or mp3. High res vid would fit my fancy but I'm not fussy and here's the catch; it can't be sad. Please u2u me if you can help. Try not to post them on the open boards as it must be a complete surprise.

I will never tell which one was chosen on the open boards as it is kind of personal.

Thanks and merry Xmas,

Mira

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ummm.... what really made this Christmas special to me was being able to talk with the girl I

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Three day's holiday off work! (x-mas eve, x-mas day & boxing day!)

Aswell as that, I think my Grandad is sober! (He's been on the booze for about 20 years, maybe longer). I love it when he's sober, he's such an intelligent man and I have a lot to learn from him.

I think he's been sober for nearly a month now (he drinks, just not as much) because I think he wanted to make an effort for his and my Nana's ruby anniversary.

Christmas '05 was the best I can remember because that was the first time I ever really spoke to him properly. We spent hours drinking together and he taught me so much, told me stories of his days in the R.A.F, how he'd travelled the world, etc. Great guy.
That day really made me think about Christmas is meant to be, not this corporate BS of a reason to spend money on materialistic crap.

Here's to hoping this year will be like '05!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The best gift I received this Christmas is a ‘thank you’ card from a ‘friend’ I met online. I am hoping to meet him in person but I guess the time is not right. Darn!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
[edit on 24-12-2007 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i get to see my daughter on xmas day for the first time in about 13 years.

its been a long wait

xeroxed88

great story
i hope you get your wish

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Truly the best gift I have this year, besides my children...Is right here.
All the friends I have made here this year.
Damn waterworks is startin' up again.I truly mean that.No better people in the world than the ones here at ATS.A great gift.

I love you all.Even the Humbugs.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
its me and my wifes first christmas as a married couple, and besides all the love she shows me she got me a book i been looking forward to sience almost 2 years ago. and i got her a upgrade for her wow game (her fave hobby is playing world of warcraft)

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
having an awesome bbq lunch with close family that always have a great laugh together when in each others company.

we have a xmas limit of 50 bucks when it comes to buying presents, and have to share around a Xmas list of things under $50 to make buying presents easier for others.

we all know its not about what you spend or get but its nice to give a small something that they do actually want, just for the spirit of things.

i *always* enjoy our family gatherings at birthdays, easter + xmas..
and i always end up leaving with about 3 days worth of food. not that i need food handouts but we each take home some left overs so all that lovely food doesnt go to waste.

i never really thought of it like this, but i guess its what i'd call a "common sense" xmas.

[edit on 25/12/07 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 25/12/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Seeing a smile on my kids faces when they saw the presents under the tree this morning. No better gift then to see them happy.

Merry Christmas Everyone here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
My mate's coming round in about an hour ... and he hasn't bought me anything at all. But I'm not bothered in the slightest ... because he's got schizophrenia & has been really unwell over the last few months. Christmas is his "big thing" ... and I just can't wait to see his face when he unwraps his gifts. We've all chipped in and got him a portable DVD player, loads of DVD's, a new flatscreen tv, a mobile phone, clothes, chocolate and everything he'd ever want. He'll be ever so pleased.

Then he's getting his big meal, well, him & 7 others ... which I'm preparing right at this moment. The roast beef is in the oven, the turkey will be going in too in about an hour ... I suppose, having had a look at the food, the best gift I could get as a once-a-year chef would be for all the Christmas food to go into the oven at exactly the same temperature ... so far I've got 5 different temperatures to negotiate with 2 ovens. Yikes ... it makes cooking an absolute tightrope.

Perhaps some enlightened supermarket executive could consider this "issue" for next year !!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

That has got to be the most wonderful thing you have done for your friend.
TWO THUMBS UP from AccessDenied!
Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
At this point in the day he's just an extra mouth to feed, I assure you !!!

I'm about to approach crisis point in the culinary proceedings, where things really need to start coming together. That, plus the visitors are about to start arriving in half an hour.

So, all the very best to you all for the holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate yourselves. I hope you all have a joyous & peaceful time. And be ever so grateful to your cook ... they truelly deserve it !!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This has been the best Christmas ever. Haven't had all my family together in two years. My daughter got here day before yesterday and my son lives next door to me. We had pre Christmas diner and Christmas eve diner and tonight we will have Christmas diner. We also had a few friends that are single and had no one to celebrate with.

It was wonderful to watch my children, who are in their 30's, acting like kids again. My seven grand children were an extra gift. They treated me like a a queen. I got kissed and hugged all day yesterday and will get more today.

My SO gave me the telescope I had been wanting and also a coin set of the year I was born.

I am thankful today for my ATS family and looking forward to knowing you all better through the coming year.

May the spirit of this day be with you always.

Happy Holiday to my Atheist Friends
Merry Christmas to my christian Friends
I love you all,
Marilyn ( Dizzie )

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
euros... i know that's a dangerous thing to be happy about on ATS with all the anti-EU sentiments, but i'm happy about the EU and money.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, the list of presents I got this year is:

Candy
Air Guitar(A thingy that attaches to your wrist and plays the next chord each time you strum your hand)
Headphones
Microphone(It's a awesome mic for Podcasts, so expect to see some more from me)
A new KJV Bible.

The most valuable of all of them to me? Definately the Bible. While I'm a Christian, it has been an embaressingly long time since I've read the good book, and now I'm all giddy with excitement that I want to quote the thing every 5 minutes.

Yay me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join