It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Choir of Aliens/Light Beings Photographed on a Rooftop!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Palasheea

You should not attack other ATS members in that way, that is not in accordance with the Christmas spirit.

I used the original image from that site and, after resizing 600% and changing its brightness and contrast, achieved more or less the same result.

Hmmm, since you are not answering any of my questions, I'm sorry, but in this case, I think you lightened up Greeneyesleo's fake Alien Choir image (seen below) and simply changed the name of that file and loaded it onto imageshack.

Are you playing headgames with me Armap?

Wow! You must really want to debunk that Alien Choir photo!!

Well, have a Jolly Good Christmas dear! Sounds like you're having a Jolly good time too! Lol

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I used Paint Shop Pro 6.0, but, unlike I said before (sorry about that), I didn't change the brightness and contrast directly, I used the gamma correction with a value of 1.5

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks! I'll see if I get the same results... thanks

Ok... loaded it into Paintshop increased photo to 600%, isolated the Alien Choir and set the gamma to 1.5 and below is the result..

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That looks exactly like those old school plastic Christmas lawn ornaments I used to kick over when I was a young kid. Yea I was naughty, but never got coal in my stocking*shrug*. But I did get punished for all my wrongdoings it later in life. Karma is the real deal.

Anyhow, I specifically remember one of Santa (of course), Frosty, and a Choir singing, a couple holding a book open, maybe just the tallest one in the middle, but that's what it looked like at first to me. As for it being set up in September..., some people go all out on thier decorations they leave them up all year round, although they usually don't light them till after Thanksgiving , because the electric bill can be quite costly.

But then I get to IATTACKPEOPLE's post, and I think he pretty much nailed it. Or it's a cut and paste job, as shown by greeneyedleo.

Either way, it's way too blurry, and the light is bleeding all over the place for this photo to be of ANY significant value to the UFO or Alien community, imho.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was not answering because here in Portugal is already 17:05 at this moment and my brother had just come for an after lunch Christmas visit.

In Photoshop CS2 you can achieve a similar result using a resize of 600% with bicubic resample and after that using a levels adjustment with input levels of 1, 1.50 and 255.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I was not answering because here in Portugal is already 17:05 at this moment and my brother had just come for an after lunch Christmas visit.

In Photoshop CS2 you can achieve a similar result using a resize of 600% with bicubic resample and after that using a levels adjustment with input levels of 1, 1.50 and 255.

What? The same results that I got when I loaded it into Paintshop and set the gamma at 1.5??

All you did was lighten up and rename Greeneyedleo's tampered image of that Alien Choir and then loaded it into imageshack and posted it into your post saying that alas! You got the same results as Greeneyedleo.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
All you did was lighten up and rename Greeneyedleo's tampered image of that Alien Choir and then loaded it into imageshack and posted it into your post saying that alas! You got the same results as Greeneyedleo.

Now you're accusing people of trying to tamper with the picture when arMaP told you what he did. That's not nice.

Plus his picture is the original and your's is a close up. I don't see the garage in your picture Palasheea? Not like I so in greeneyedleo's and arMaP's.

[edit on 12/25/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I got to go out of town to Christmas dinner so see ya later. Merry Christmas Palasheea and Nola213, arMaP and all of ATS who celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Have a nice Christmas Skye!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Regardless whether or not it was a Photoshop cut and paste, it's also simply a lousy photo that doesn't show anything worthwhile. Associating it in any way with "aliens," or "light beings" is ridiculous and more than a little pathetic. Just because a couple of the greenish smears kinda sorta seem to have heads? That appears to be the basis for the entire claim.

I'm sick of this kind of ignorance and stupidity, and deny it completely.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I know what I did, I wasted more than two hours of my life that I can never regain while trying to show you that you were probably wrong when you accused greeneyedleo of copying and pasting the image to create that effect.

I answered in the shortest time possible, but apparently you could not reproduce what I did.

So, to show you what I did, I took the time to find a screen capture program, I captured my work with the image in Paint Shop Pro 6.0 and with Photoshop CS2 and I converted the screen capture to MPG so you could see how I did it.

The image I used, as you can see (I hope) in the videos, was the image from the page you posted, copied directly from the page.

For some reason the videos kill MediaPlayer when they reach the end, I hope you can see them on your computer.

I also hope that you can now see how I did it and that you can reproduce the steps and reach the same result I reached.

You can see those videos here and here.

PS: I am just a self-taught programmer, my knowledge of computer graphics is limited to what I learn while trying to complement my work as a programmer and to show other people here on ATS how I do things.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Armap.. those vids are not showing up for me... only blank pages.

Also, I tried it out the way you said that you did it in Paintshop and I posted the results -- the results looked nothing like that image that you posted which coincidentally is the same exact size and so on as the one Greeneyedleo posted in her thread. It's looks exactly like her image.

I too am very upset that I spend 2 solid hours on this nonsense this morning which caused me to be almost late for my family's Christmas dinner.

Unlike you, my background and expertise is in graphic design and illustration -- just bringing this up again because I know my way around those graphic editors and followed your instructions diligently and did NOT get those results that you got in that image that you posted that you say is your own. -- I still think it's really Greeneyedleo's where you lightened it a tad bit and changed the name of that file and loaded it into imageshack.

I'm sorry, but I'm very disappointed in you that you did that. I thought you were better than that but I guess not.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It looks as if Homer Simpson is in the picture and Bart Simpson also...

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Armap.. those vids are not showing up for me... only blank pages.

Strange, I tried it also with Firefox (because I had made the login to SnapDrive with Opera) and Firefox asked me if I wanted to download the videos.

I'm sorry, but I'm very disappointed in you that you did that. I thought you were better than that but I guess not.
Don't be disappointed, at least because of what you think I did.

I don't know what else I can do to try to show you that you are giving the idea that I want to debunk this photo more "weight" than to your previous opinion about me.

So, once more:
I used this photo

(and not the one you posted on the opening post), I cropped the area with the "aliens", resized it to 600% using bicubic resample, and, with Pain Shop Pro 6.0, I used the gamma correction with a value of 1.5 in all channels. In Photoshop I used the levels tool and changed only the middle value (on the top of the dialog) to 1.50.

Just to make it clear, and because I don't know if you saw my previous post where I spoke about it, I don't think that the rectangle shows that it was a copy & paste job, that rectangle around the "aliens" is just the result of the JPEG compression algorithm, as in the test I made.

While I was re-reading this post (as I do with all my posts, and that is one of the reasons I take so much time answering), I remembered that I could make all those operations without making the crop, using the whole image.

Here is the result:

As you can see, all the bright objects (including the "aliens") are surrounded by a rectangle made with squares that are smaller than the other squares created by the JPEG algorithm.

All those squares (the larger and the smaller) are a result of JPEG compression, the JPEG algorithm creates smaller squares around areas with a colour different from the background colour to make those areas appear better looking then they really are, JPEG uses colour combinations and complementary colours to help achieve acceptable results with high compression rates.

I should I thought of using the whole image before, but I was not expecting the Spanish Inquisition (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition).

PS: I will not answer anything for the next hours because I will be sleeping, it is 01:43 AM here in Portugal.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I wish aliens would come millions of miles across the galaxy from there home to party on top of my garage. That would be awesome!

But it looks like Christmas lawn ornaments to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Armap, in a previous post I said:
Armap, well, if you won't give me any information on which program you are using and which features you used to get the results that you did, then could you at least give me a link to what you are calling the ORIGINAL photograph that you are referring to?
I'm just using the photograph that's on that link that I posted in my first post. Is that the one you used where you blew it 600% and so on?

That photo is the photo shown in the link that I posted in my first post here. Here's that link to that page:
www.abduct.com...

You never answered my question on what you were calling the Original photo...
Give a link to the photo that you have posted in your last thread please.

You are playing head games with me Armap and you know that.
The following links support this contention:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also... You should have said that your video's only work in Firefox. I do not have Firefox installed but have had it installed before in the past nevertheless your video's still should work in I.E. This is strange.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Armap,
Where did you find the photograph below??

Could you post a link to the page where you found this photograph?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I only saw the post where you were asking what I called the original photo before I made the videos.

In the videos I start by going to the page you posted and copy the image, so I was expecting that by seeing the videos you would see what "my" original image was.

And I never meant to say that the video only works in Firefox, I wanted to say that I also tried it with Firefox because with Opera I was logged in to SnapDrive and I could have access to the video just because I am its author.

I tried it also with Internet Explorer, which tried to open it in Windows Media Player.

The link for the page where I found the image I used was the first link you posted, this link.

The image you have been using is not the image on that page (that is called "pn007.1.jpg", the image you have been using is called "pn008.3.jpg" and I don't see that photo in any of the two pages you posted from that site.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Since you are a computer programmer, could you please post those video's you made on a host that will open in Internet Explorer?

I do not have have Firefox or Opera.

Thanks.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The veil between the physical and spiritual is beginning to thin. As this continues to happen, such things will become more and more common.

Can you elaborate on this ? I have not noticed this phenomenon at all. What should I be looking for?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join