It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eid ul-Adha

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, I'm not much on the OT, so...:shk:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Oh c'mon!!!

If you're going to read a holy book, you've got to get all the way through. That's like watching The Godfather 2 and 3 but never finishing the first one.

j/k

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Oh, I've read the OT, at least portions of it. I just don't see anything redeemable about it besides the Ten Commandments.. Really, not only does it paint an ugly picture of what god is like, it seems to imply that god is all too human...

I have always been and probably will forever be a NT believer and a worshiper of the one TRUE God that Jesus Christ spoke of... I am not going to get into my beliefs on this thread. Most people who have followed my posts are quite familiar with where I stand. I don't need to derail the thread going through all of that.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes... I've found that many people don't like thinking about Father being a wrathful God. I suppose it's out of their own fear. The truth is that we were created in His likeness and share all the same qualities He has, which includes things like anger. The thing to remember though, is that above all else, Father is Love - otherwise He would not have been as patient as He has, for so long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join