It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran Would Suffer Up to 20 Million Casualties in Nuclear War With Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Report: Iran Would Suffer Up to 20 Million Casualties in Nuclear War With Israel

www.foxnews.com

An estimated 16-20 million Iranians would die in a nuclear war with Israel, according to a report issued by a respected Washington think tank
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Let's see if Israel like this report better than the NIE.

In all seriousness the article also predicts that around 200,000 to 800,000 Israelis could die in the conflict depending how the conflict evolve, but one thing they predict for sure in this study is that Iran would be for all sense of purposes annihilated as a country.

Anyone here thinks that Israel would sacrifice close to a million of their own for that?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I can't stand the human concept of thought. We as individuals thrive for peace and happiness. How can this ever happen if we have discussions and think-tanks saying that Iran would suffer 16-20 million casualties. In todays world there are more countries who thrive on the thought of peace and happiness than the thought of world domination and territorial occupation (Unfortunately the country who should be leading this is not, a.k.a the U.S.A). If we put the scientist and think-tank people we have on the process of self-evolution we would be living in a beautiful place that no one could destroy, because like a loving family every country looks after one and another against rogue nations like North Korea and Iran etc...

We can change the world. It just takes one mind at a time.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In the event of possible nuclear annihilation Iran will use whatever they have to do the same to Israel. And that would include chemical weapons and biological weapons - which would leave israel and alot of surrounding area unliveable.

its called MAD.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Knowing that an estimated 16-20 million Iranians would die .
Why would this be allowed to happen?

What is the point in killing 20 million people? Does it fix things?
I can not understand the thought process of the people who decide to do this..

So the plan would be to kill 20 million people and then do what?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's very sad, and a true reflection of our modern age, that even at this special time of year we still have individuals who discuss war and destruction of humanity (I'm referring to the think-tank)

So much for Christmas being about hope and a new begining.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are some people posting on this board who would see it as a cause for celebration if 20 million Iranians died.

Sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well it looks like its goint to get tougher for Israel to launch any kind of attack on Iran:

Russia Selling Iran Sophisticated New Air Defense System

To not only the selling of the missiles is important, this signals that Russia is beyond a shadow of a doubt stick by Iran at any corner, you dont sell that type of military equipment to another country unless ou are pretty sure that is not going to come back and haunts you.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
20 million people , this is horrific regardless of thier country of origin.
Any human being/s involved in such an act should be judged harshly by history.

Thats if their is a (future) history after such an event...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Do you think a country like Israel, that was created after the worst genocide ever recorded in history, would commit a horrific act of the same against any other people? Wouldnt that be the biggest irony in the history of humanity?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
In the event of possible nuclear annihilation Iran will use whatever they have to do the same to Israel. And that would include chemical weapons and biological weapons - which would leave israel and alot of surrounding area unliveable.

its called MAD.

exactly

both countries would be history
Israel would be a wasteland and Iran would be a glass parking lot

Originally posted by Bunch

Do you think a country like Israel, that was created after the worst genocide ever recorded in history, would commit a horrific act of the same against any other people? Wouldnt that be the biggest irony in the history of humanity?

the way they treat the palistinians (group punishment and so on)
i doubt they care, i would have expected people that have experienced and had loved ones murderd due to faith and what they look like to know never to put that treatment on others,

but i guess people never do learn from history

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

even 1 massive nuclear weapon going off anywhere in the world , would be bad news for the entire planet.

irony? more like insanity , their can be no justification for killing 20,000,000 people. ever.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by Bunch

even 1 massive nuclear weapon going off anywhere in the world , would be bad news for the entire planet.

irony? more like insanity , their can be no justification for killing 20,000,000 people. ever.

well said

Star (wood get a wats if it was around lol )
Murder is wrong it doesnt matter who does it

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Dont get me wrong, I totally agree with you and Bodrul, unfortunately, some people are quick to forget their history andon top of that their is many insane people in position of power and influence around the world.

Hopefully reason and logic will prevail.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree with the "then what" post.

So 20 million innocent civilians die... what have you accomplished? Nothing.

One thing I am absolutely sure of, if Israel dares to nuke a neighboring country, it wont be long before those who DO have nukes turn Israel into a pile of ash and cinder.

If Israel launches a single nuke, I would bet that shortly there won't be a single Israeli left to remember it.

Nuking a country is pointless, all it does is makes you the next target. It's suicide.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Let’s see now…. Israel is known to have some 300 nuclear weapons at their disposal (no pun intended), while Iran is still trying to develop them. And now we’re told that Israel would win a nuclear war with Iran. Am I the only one that hears a big DUH!? The Russian aspect does make this situation a bit more interesting (and scary) however.

new topics

top topics

join