It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brushing your teeth with bar soap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I just used dial soap and put the whole bar in my mouth!!! It wasnt the most pleasant experience of my life, but i must say that 10 minutes afterwoulds my mouth feels very clean. I am going to sleep now, I will see how my mouth feels in the morning.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Nice! LOL
I chickened out. I do like the idea of saving a little toothpaste
money not to mention the crap they put in it. -I'm still laughing.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Im about to do it again.. this isnt a joke right?!?!?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

No way dude, no joke.

I've done it about 4 times since I read this thread and it works pretty well. I guess the real test is when I next see my dentist and ask her about it.

I'm using Irish Spring. I don't know if that makes any difference.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I just did it again, its not the easiest thing to do but my mouth feels really fresh right now. And this is only my second time, is it possible my teeth got whiter?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Does anyone remember LAVA soap? That was the bar of soap commonly used (so i hear) back way back when.
I guess it was just soap in its purest form.
:shk:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also use only Toms no flouride , only one I can find at usual stores w/o flouride.

Now once I switch to the soap method, what to do about the Soap Scum residue?

"I love kissing you babe, but that soap scum breath has got to go!"
:w:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I also use only Toms no flouride , only one I can find at usual stores w/o flouride.

Now once I switch to the soap method, what to do about the Soap Scum residue?

"I love kissing you babe, but that soap scum breath has got to go!"
:w:

I would think that there would be no soap scum because the soap rinses out. There is no soap scum on your body when you wash with soap, unless you wash with soap and do not rinse it off with water for 2 months.

Also, in theory i think your breath would be better with soap because if you bathe with toothpaste you would smell bad. But then again i have no idea what im talking about!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Euww, have you ever looked at the bath water after you get out? Depending upon the soap, it can be pretty foamy looking...

"Ah excuse me babe but I dont remember seeing the frothing after we kiss before?"

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think I'll stick to my Aquafresh paste.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I used soap today for the first time.... brushed my tongue with it too. Dove soap.

For the first time in my adult life, my mouth stayed fresh all day long. It didn't matter what I ate or how much I smoked, my mouth tasted and smelled fresh, leaving me with the impression that the soap killed far more odor-causing bacteria than any toothpaste I've ever tried. My gums felt stimulated as well.

Tonight I used Ivory soap, with good results but not as good as Dove. We'll see how it affects morning breath.

Tomorrow I'll switch-out the two soaps... Ivory in the a.m. and Dove before bed, to see which gives the freshest effects.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I purchased a tube of Tom's Fluoride free, but just found out there is a ton of Glycerin in it. I tried brushing my teeth with Zest (I have a ton of the bar soap.) and I am kind of impressed. Of course I was terrified of the taste, so I kept my tongue in the way back of my mouth. It wasn't bad to be honest, and my teeth feel much cleaner than normal. I wonder with using soap, drinking more water, using Act Restoring Mouth wash, using an ionic tooth brush, and using Coral Calcium how much improvement I can expect to see in my teeth. I am also looking at buying a 1 or 2 mhz ultrasound massager to stimulate tooth remineralization. If it is worthwhile I will post again.
Ann

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join