It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brushing your teeth with bar soap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This may sound funny, but people are starting to use bar soap to clean their teeth! Hehehe....

Here's the link:

www.tipking.co.uk...

Anyone want to try?

I'm trying it for experiment. Is Zest or Dove ok?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

O.o Dude...I'd go with zest, it sounds a bit more...tasty. But man, bar soap in your mouth just can not be a fun thing to do, so im going to stick with my toothpaste. Good luck bro!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've just done it. I've brushed my teeth with zest. Feels very clean. I can still taste the soap though, but not that much.

Here's another article:

www.quantumbalancing.com...

"The 55-year fight with fluoride promoters (dentists) in these countries is over since research now establishes for certain that fluoride makes the teeth WORSE and not better (refs 1,2,3)."

"# Teeth reenamalize when clean. TO MAKE TEETH CLEAN ONE BRUSHES WITH ANY BAR SOAP. Soap washes off in just 2 rinses. What about toothpastes? Glycerine in all tooth pastes is so sticky that it takes 27 washes to get it off. Teeth brushed with any toothpaste are coated with a film and CANNOT PROPERLY REENAMELIZE."

"Prevention of plaque retards gum pockets. GUM POCKETS are formed as the plaque pushes the gums away from the teeth. GUM POCKETS, from 1 to 8 mm deep, ARE ALSO FORMED BY FLUORIDE, WHICH SEVERS THE PROTEIN MOLECULES ADHERING THE GUMS TO THE TEETH. SOAP PREVENTS GINGIVITIS caused by bacteria which is lodged in the gum pockets."

--

Seems a lot of people are taking this seriously.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Very good points. Perhaps if they came up with some flavored soap that didn't taste like you just said a dirty word in greade school. Glad to hear your "zesty" adventure went well

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

woops double post of DOOOM!

[edit on 24-12-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It may sound good in theory...but I mean
I always use a small amount of toothpaste.After all it is the brush doing the cleaning,not the toothpaste.
God I can't even imagine using soap.Couldn't that make you sick? What if you accidently swallowed..BLECH!
Man, I gag in the shower if I accidently get shampoo in my mouth..GROSS!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

So now you mouth is ZEST FULLY CLEAN ?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm wondering which soaps would be the least abrasive on teeth.

We'd probably have to find the most mildest one; as there is a certain amount of harsh cleaning chemicals in soaps in general. For the most part, soaps made today, are for the body, not teeth.

Pretty intriging though!

I might just try it out....lololol...just for the sake of it.

If I can only get past the feelings of nausea and the gagginess...

lolol

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Given what's in soap and what's in commercial pastes like Tom's of Maine (an eco-friendly, flouride-free, "organic" toothpaste), I'm sticking with Tom's.

Here's what's in Zest:
householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...

Tom's toothpaste:
www.tomsofmaine.com...

I use the flouride one, myself, but the link above is the flouide-free ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I only use Tom's Fluoride free. It's the only one I can find that doesn't have fluoride in it.

Not that it matters, I drink tap water like a fish. I Brita filter it, but that doesn't get rid of the fluoride. They've got my brain.

I'm glad I get something out of my paranoid investment in their toothpaste. Very cool.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Hahaha... Help I'm frothing.. call 911.

When I brush my teeth, it feels like the soap is stinging the sides of my tongue like hot chili without the flavor. At first you mildly taste the soap, after awhile though, I started to taste the strong scent of Zest, so I gargled lots of time to get rid of the scent. Zest is way too strong. I think I'll stick to a much milder soap from now on.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I'm wondering which soaps would be the least abrasive on teeth.

We'd probably have to find the most mildest one; as there is a certain amount of harsh cleaning chemicals in soaps in general. For the most part, soaps made today, are for the body, not teeth.

Pretty intriging though!

I might just try it out....lololol...just for the sake of it.

If I can only get past the feelings of nausea and the gagginess...

lolol

~Ducky~

Actually there's a tooth soap you can buy:

drbenkim.com...

After I've researched about fluoride, I think I'll stick to soap from now on.

They also recommended a natural soap which is made of olive oil. I think I'll go for this.

Here's some articles to think about - The toxic toothpaste:

www.microscopiccolitis.org...
www.oradr.com...
www.ecomall.com...

---

A rat poison? Fluoride is an acute toxin with a rating slightly higher than that of lead? Fluorides have been used throughout history to alter the behavior and mood of human beings? Sarin Nerve Gas? A key component to hypnotic drugs?

Come to think of it, even with fluoride toothpaste, people still have cavities. People still wear dentures. Logically, it doesn't help at all.

I'm staying clear of fluoride, and stick to natural remedies.

Edit : added more info on the toxic toothpaste

[edit on 24-12-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Are you sure you want to try this? I gag at the very thought of it, and it brings back unpleasant memories of my mother making me take a bite of soap for having a potty mouth. I'll stick with tooth paste

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hah, in college we used UltraBright toothpaste on the face. I still remember how that burned, but seemed to prevent breaking out.

For toothpaste I recently read about using strawberries and baking soda.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I tried it today, and it wasn't so bad. I brushed thoroughly and as long as I kept my tongue back it didn't taste bad.

The only thing that was the filmy feel of my teeth afterwards, so I dry-brushed that away and my teeth sure did feel clean. I think I'm going to brush with soap from now on.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's one of the uses listed on Dr. Bronner's magic soaps. I've never tried it but, if I did, I think I'd go with the peppermint.
Dr. Bronner was quite a character and it's worth getting a bottle just to read all the stuff on the label.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

OMG! I not only feel 'FULLY CLEAN' with a bar of soap but now I can't get the commerical jiggle 'out of my hair', I meant, head! :bash:

Anyway, I've not tried brushing with soap and can't image the after taste. I stick to brushing teeth and tongue with non-fluoride toothpaste and gurgle lots of water, followed by mouthwash, thank you.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

I used Dr. Bronner's peppermint as a gargle (as suggested on bottle)
for strep throat, and YUCK!
I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.
Also I have washed my hair with soap and I have long hair, My hair had some kind of film on it afterwards, hard to wash out
and kind of sticky feeling.

Maybe brushing your teeth with another kind of soap.........

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks for the info lol. I was thinking of going up and giving it a try!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

Don't Do It!

....this is not a one-liner,......

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Clearskies]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join