It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eastern promises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
you see this?
i highly recco it.

fantastic movie. it keeps a nice, steady pace the entire film. viggo mortenson is the man in this.....

it has a certain fight scene in it that imo, will go down as one of the great scenes.
killer tats as well

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Was this an accurate review in your opinion Boond78?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks
whaaa

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

no, i don't think it was at all.

i will give my opinions to what you said...

>>>>I had hoped to get a real feel for the psyche and motivation of the Russian Mafia in the US. But even with the slice em up dice em up violence, the film somehow seemed "fluffy"

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks for your input. Exactly the kind of information and aesthetic perspective I need to more appreciate this film and film in general.

I sometimes feel I am much to critical of movies and I wish I could watch them from an attitude of entertainment rather than dissecting them into parts to be analyzed.

It's all Ira Jaffe's fault; my film teacher at the univ.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Thanks for your input. Exactly the kind of information and aesthetic perspective I need to more appreciate this film and film in general.

no prob.
i will tell you that i dig the symbolism of some of the ink....i have smiley faces tattooed on my knee caps but i am going to get the nautical stars like in this movie. it's a symbol that you won't kneel down to any authority.

i'm all over that.

maybe i will finally get my gift cert to the tattoo shop for xmas. i have only been asking for 5 years. wife never comes through for me though

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

nautical stars like in this movie. it's a symbol that you won't kneel down to any authority.

I didn't know about this symbol. Any chance of posting some graphics of it or do I need to shell out $8.00 to go see it in the movie?

This is a symbol I would like to use myself. Good point to bring up Boonie.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

I didn't know about this symbol. Any chance of posting some graphics of it or do I need to shell out $8.00 to go see it in the movie?

This is a symbol I would like to use myself. Good point to bring up Boonie.

these are the stars but they mean something else on this part of the body. i am going to get them on my knee.

this is aleksander emelianenko...fedor's 'little' brother.
mma fighter and sambo champ.

fight.bodoglife.net...
he did 5 years and has/had 'ties' to the russian mob.

in russia, you don't just get the ink like we could here. they'll slice it right off your body if you didn't 'earn' it.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the photo.

That gives me some ideas to plan for.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

no problemo.

i had an appt set for this saturday but i have to wait a couple more weeks.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I saw this movie this past weekend and thought it was really well done. I do feel that they could have made it more involved and really got into the overall mafia aspect rather than generally focusing on the 2 main characters.
I feel like there were some missed opportunities but still found it very enjoyable.

new topics

top topics

join