It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tested 6000 pound bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This bomb will be carried by newwst H-6K inside bomb bay, surely for destroy the underground amm.

[im]http://www.calf.cn/attachments/day_071224/20071224_20d05cc98213022727128xROVO63d0ph.jpg[/im

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 24-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Awww all those poor ducks and fishies that will be blown up in those ponds

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It doesn't blow up ponds, it creates ponds, its a giant water balloon.
Those zany Chinese, whatever will they think of next, nation sized finger torture perhaps?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

not being rude wtf?
where is your source so we can actuily see the story
and none of your images work,

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
isn't all about precision these days and making things small?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's the trend, but there's still a niche for the larger stuff. I'm curious to see the actual results of one of these being tested.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's pretty simple: Small=Tactical, the kind a spec ops force or a small contingent of soilders could call in to knock out a tank or bunker, Big=Fear, the kind of weapon dropped in massive caprpet or leveling bombing runs, while the larger at damage ineffective and produce mssive collateral cost, they go back to what bombers first were, tools of true fear. If the public is scared, the war stops...at least in theory.

And about this new bomb...is it just a big, conventional bomb, or is it something special?

Really, I still think that we should turn to a much more gruesome fear tactic: dropping live bodies from our high alt. bombers (prefferabley the more sever convicts and such) While it will never happen, just think about the fear factor. Who wants that screech while falling, sickening thud and then the smell and genral gore...
But, really, that is a very immoral idea, I don't really think we should, I'm just saying it would be very effective.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Looks a lot like the British 4,000lb "Cookie" bomb of WWII.

An unguided 6,000lb bomb, that's some cutting edge stuff right there.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thewightknight

It comes down to the good ol' siege tactic of the dark ages. Throwing body parts off a catapult into a besieged settlement. Gruesome but very effective as psy-warfare. They should think of dropping them alive, that would be funny.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that the world is preparing for a bigger war or wars?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i know this question might get ignored
but does anyone one have any sort of information of this frigging bomb?

[edit on 3-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

SOURCE PLEASE !!!!!!

thanks for posting but a source would be nice,

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I didn’t no they still made bomb like that

I thought it was an old school bomb

from a old war like ww2

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The secret of this weapon is that China perfected what Americans conceived.
Its dun dun dun
The 6,000 Pound Gay Bomb from China

The minute you see everyone you know in the streets in leather chaps doing the nasty like its Mardi Gras and you like it....the war is over.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

if anyone does bother to post a link to some site that explains this
feel free to u2u me with the good news.
since right now all i see is people making asumptions based on jackall,

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Why do I get the feeling that the world is preparing for a bigger war or wars?

What makes you think that?

Of course we are.

And while the Chinese are dropping a 6000 pound bomb and hitting an empty field, we'll be shooting a Hellfire missle and taking out their presidents car.

Screw it we still got the Mother Of All Bombs.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i wonder how leathal that boms is

if u touched it would it go off

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider Hole

yeah but the russsians have the daddy of all Bombs
all we need now are the kids of the US and Russian Bombs

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider Hole
And while the Chinese are dropping a 6000 pound bomb and hitting an empty field, we'll be shooting a Hellfire missle and taking out their presidents car.

In spite of multiple attempts, airpower failed to get Saddam Hussein - a much easier target.

A 6,000 lb bomb could do quite a lot of damage to some targets - big enough to sink a carrier if you can hit it?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Whether or not a 6,000lb bomb could sink a carrier isn't an easy question. A lot depends on where the bomb hits, whether (and how far) it penetrates the hull, and what the carrier is doing at the time. Based on the experiences aboard the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) during the massive series of explosions and fires she suffered starting on 14 Jan 1969, a single 6,000 pound bomb would be capable of a 'mission kill'...rendering the ship unfit for air operations...but not likely to actually sink the ship.

There's also the problem of *hitting* the ship with an unguided warhead. I'm assuming that it's unguided, since I can't see evidence of steerable fins or a sensor package in the embedded photograph. Hard as it might be to believe, moving ships in an open ocean are devilishly hard targets to hit with 'dumb' bombs...look at the results that the U.S.A.A.C. got with B-17s at Midway and elsewhere in World War II.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join