It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Attacked Earth It Could Be A Good Thing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1
Any how I heard an interesting take the other day that I actually agreed with although it is a bit scary but it may be the only way for world peace if an outside force (ET's) attacked us it would force every country to unite and fight together to keep from being taken over or destroyed...I know with all the siteings and such it is a nightmare scenario....But if you think it would solve a lot of problems we have now....

Interesting question Sentinel 1,

but suppose if it is an hostile attack, and suppose that then “suddenly” [what will be impossible in such a short and needed timeframe] all the nations of this world become one, do you really think we can do something against it.
Do you really think it will go like in the movie “Independence Day”?
All our “military state of the art weapons” will be like firecrackers to them.
So, therefore I hope and firmly believe there will be no hostile attack of Extraterrestrials.

What I hope is going to happen, is as Robert O Dean said it in www.projectcamelot.net...

Part two, watch it from 28.00

And look around in this world and see what happens today, I think it is our only change of survival.

[edit on 24/12/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

but it may be the only way for world peace if an outside force (ET's) attacked us it would force every country to unite and fight together ....

As TheSeeker already mentioned - Ronald Reagan.

He used to call this 'his fantasy speech' and he wanted it included in speeches he made. He even said this in front of the UN - at least once that I know of.

Honestly - I think some on this planet are too far gone (religious zealots) to agree to join forces with anyone outside their own religion. Not even to fight aliens trying to take over the planet.

God how I wish disclosure would hurry up and happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Personally, I think that an 'alien' attack may 'unite' the people of the world against a common enemy, instead of fighting over petty differences in their earthly religions and cultures. However, I hardly think peace with the Muslims, Russians, Chinese or anyone else will really help us against an enemy with technology at a level that can allow them to bring weapons platforms light years across the universe. I would imagine that an alien species that has travel near or above light speed, would have the technology to incinerate all the peoples of Earth without us ever knowing they were coming or there.

I find this argument to be the flip side, but still in the same mind state, of the question whether or not Aliens will be friendly to us. If I were an alien, observing Earth's natural resources and its inhabitants, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to trust Humankind. We lie, cheat and steal from each other at every level. We kill each over ideologies with minor differences, because of our 'faith'. I would see how human beings treat each other, and I would think that there is no way that my alien species could trust humanity. So I would probably either enslave the population to do the labor required to get the natural resources, or I would wipe humanity off the planet to claim the natural resources. I would either incinerate the population from a high orbit with something like lasers, or I would release plagues in the form of bacterial spores in the atmosphere. There is no reason to think that an alien species should trust us, or even make an attempt to befriend us. A pre-emptive attack makes the most sense.

DocMoreau

[spellin']

[edit on 24/12/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is all assuming that we wouldn't be wiped out.
Unless you call that few hours/days of them working together vs the aliens a good thing... until we obviously lose.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Humans would stop fighting each other after an invasion because they will all be dead. I'll stick with the world the way it is over an alien invasion. At least I stand a chance fighting other humans. If aliens are 1/100'th as smart as we think they are we wouldn't stand a chance.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by medic75]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i think the impact of formal alien contact would set forth a huge change in how society thinks and accepts the entity. i also think that, that single occurrence of visitation would open up people on a deep level that would most likely bring people together.

something that substantial would trigger a higher understanding in the world population and truly make religious wars seem petty.

i think it would do mankind a world of good.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You're right, it would help unify the world to a larger degree then it is today and ever was. If we as Humans actually managed to fight off the threat, you can bet that not an hour after the war ended we'd be back to fighting each other over petty differences.

A truly wonderful thought...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have actually given this some thought; not that I'm sold on alien visitation, but it costs nothing to look at many POSSIBLE scenarios.

Provided it was not an all out attack such as War of the Worlds, a certain amount of society would survive, under very different conditions, IMO. The key to survival might be an alliance with some faction of the opposition.

Any warring society, such as the aliens would have to be to "invade" Earth in the first place, would be one with a strong history of competition, both external and internal. A race that had the competitiveness to reach the stars would have done so through one or both of these methods at some point in their history. And if they were invading, then that characteristic would still be in play.

This would therefore mean that at least a certain percentage of the invaders would have at least some reason to use the war for personal advancement in whatever system they had for a society. Such individuals, or even groups, could be exploited to the benefit of humans. The problem of locating and communicating with these would be the major obstacle. (Though there is the chance that certain nations or groups on Earth would be sought out by these upwardly mobile aliens themselves, thereby solving the problem of finding them among the attackers.)

An even greater chance for the survival of humans during an attack/war with aliens is if they had enemies themselves. These enemies would therefore become our our "friends" by default. This path is fraught with almost as much danger as the first because our new "friends" would naturally use humans to their own best advantage, which would place the humans in the highest mortality range of combatants on that side of the war. (Think of how many human wars use "natives" in some capacity, and the disregard given to native casualties.)

Overall, I hope that contact is by way of an accidental encounter by scientists/explorers or trader types. While this type of contact has it's own hazards, intentional conflict involving us and an alien race would be a thousand times worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
All the worlds countries come together against a new enemy....now that would be somethin....

It'll happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
I'm sure some of us would even side with the aliens - if we were given opportunity.

Sounds good to me, technology of the stars, or this cess pool of a planet.....hmmm.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So we'd all unite against the aliens in a war? Riiight. So we would all die together then as well.

Aliens that can supposedly travel through space that would probably be so far advanced than us would get harmed by our "earth based" weapons?

Okaaay

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They could clean-up the Earth in a day, no problems just systematic approaches applying their laws which would make this ball shine.

As far as the war thing goes they would bring popcorn while mass confussion ensues between the laws of humanity and reality, whatever that is shot to pieces.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
They could clean-up the Earth in a day, no problems just systematic approaches applying their laws which would make this ball shine.

As far as the war thing goes they would bring popcorn while mass confussion ensues between the laws of humanity and reality, whatever that is shot to pieces.

Exactly. If they decided not to destroy us from space, the terror that would rain down on us would give us NO time or thought for world peace.

Actually menguard, i'd be suprised if it took them longer than a couple of hours.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Any how I heard an interesting take the other day that I actually agreed with although it is a bit scary but it may be the only way for world peace if an outside force (ET's) attacked us it would force every country to unite and fight together to keep from being taken over or destroyed...I know with all the sightings and such it is a nightmare scenario....But if you think it would solve a lot of problems we have now....

What exactly would it solve? We'd just go from a scenario of conflict that could be controlled to a scenario of conflict we have no control over.

And I cant stress enough, ANYTHING that can space travel great distances is obviously far more advanced than us. So its only common their weapons are far more advanced than ours. So it wont be like they attack us and then we launch a counter attack, that's all fantasy. They attack and destroy, we die.

If by peace on Earth you mean death on Earth then yeah it would solve a lot of problems.

If you doubt what Im saying, then you obviously dont know the rules of engagement, "Dont draw your sword if your not prepared to spill blood." Why would Aliens travel great distances to attack us if they have no intention on killing us all? Right? So you better believe that first attack will destroy any capability of us fighting back.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Remember it lies in our ability to comprehend through our actions we will either have The Gods Of War or The Gods of Peace. Its our choice, if the one that is in place is not open to the Chaos order where anything goes then that leaves us options, if one comes in with order there will be a structure behind it. A refined one at that.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by menguard]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I do agree with you to some extent. However, it would suck to have a war on that scale. Not saying that a "small" war isn't as bad...

I'm actually really, REALLY wanting one of these prophesised events to take place (Eg. 2012, Planet X, etc.). I think it would kick alot of the human race square in the nuts and hopefully unite us.

I think we need something "massive" to teach alot of "leaders" that they aren't "all that and a bag of chips".

Not sure if it's just me being stupid but I can kind of sense something will happen pretty soon.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The interesting thing to me about this thread, is that the people with the REAL truth to this story.. those who are aware of the Disclosure Project, Dr Carol Rosin, Wernher von Braun's faked invasion warning, that ET should be regarded as non-hostile and that an 'Independence Day' scenario is going along with what the powers that be want you to typically imagine (thanks to the indoctrination of Hollywood).. all these people who are aware of the actual issues at stake here, are not being responded to.

Everyone is adopting a gung-ho, hey everyone let's all unite as one to kill a new enemy threat, this is EXACTLY what the NWO wants to eventually achieve - as a means of population control. Don't believe me? It's in an actual document - from the findings of a think tank from 1966 called The Report from Iron Mountain. More information can be found here. In this report, alternatives to a world without war are sought as a means of curbing the expected population rise in the coming years (war is regarded in this as an essential indelible part of the human psyche, much like the way we are salivating and carrying on in this thread). Recommendations include the implementation of the contraceptive pill (I think it was actually introduced in 1966 - the year of the report, please correct me if I am wrong), biological and viral threats (I would guess that AIDS actually WAS introduced by the US in 1971 and the evidence is here, poisoning of the air food and water supply (chemtrails, fluoride, genetic food modification), and finally, the report mentions on page 51:

Credibility, in fact, lies at the heart of the problem of developing a political substitute for war. This is where the space-race proposals, in many ways so well-suited as economic substitutes for war, fall short. The most ambitious and unrealistic space project cannot of itself generate a believable external menace. It has been hotly argued that such a menace would offer the "last, best hope of peace," etc., by uniting mankind against the danger of destruction by "creatures" from other planets or from outer space. Experiments have been proposed to test the credibility of an out-of-our-world invasion threat; it is possible that a few of the more difficult-to-explain "flying saucer" incidents of recent years were in fact early experiments of this kind.

I would be willing to bet that Orson Welles's famous 'War Of The Worlds' 1938 radio broadcast was indeed one of the experiments spoken of in the Iron Mountain report. See, there is so much more going on here than meets the eye. Look deeper, watch the Bill Deagle lecture up on Google Video, get a fuller picture as to the wider plan, and everything will fit into place - and it is a scary picture - it fits together and it makes sense. It's all about population control and getting the world population down to a manageable 500 million as outlined in Alex Jones's 'Endgame' documentary.

From pages 62-63 of the Iron Mountain report, here are the conclusions from that point in time (1966):

POLITICAL a) An omnipresent, virtually omnipotent international police force. b) An established and recognized extraterrestrial menace. c) Massive global environmental pollution. d) Fictitious alternate enemies. (..then further down on the next page) POLITICAL. Like the inspection-scheme surrogates, proposals for plenipotentiary international police are inherently incompatible with the ending of the war system. The "unarmed forces" variant, amended to include unlimited powers of economic sanction, might conceivably be expanded to constitute a credible external menace. Development of an acceptable threat from "outer space," presumably in conjunction with a space-research surrogate for economic control, appears unpromising in terms of credibility. The environmental- pollution model does not seem sufficiently responsive to immediate social control, except through arbitrary acceleration of current pollution trends; this in turn raises questions of political acceptability. New, less regressive, approaches to the creation of fictitious global "enemies" invite further investigation.

So notice that they didn't see much feasibility for the world police, nor the manufactured ET threat - but also notice they mention 'fictitious global enemies' - namely the War On Terror, Al Qaeda etc... this is back in 1966 folks. This was also warned about by Von Braun, as well as an asteroid threat (with the Mars warning for late Jan '08, more such threats could be well on their way). I'll leave it at that for now, but I want to give you food for thought to look wider beyond the "ooooh yeahhhhh let's unite as a planet and kick some alien butt" attitude, because (through conditioning and programming via the media) THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would just like to add that most of the recommendations put forward in the Iron Mountain report have already been implemented. The only thing they are yet to do is the ET threat.. famously talked about by Ronald Raegan... it is coming. And when it happens, it won't be ET themselves.

One of my favourite Muse songs is Exopolitics, from their Black Holes And Revelations album. In the song, Matthew Bellamy sings:

When the zetas fill the skies, Will our leaders tell us why,

When the zetas fill the skies, It's just our leaders in disguise,

I'm waiting patiently, And I wait for the sign. (Yeah). I'm waiting patiently, And I wait for the sign

All of us here in this thread are at the stage of waiting patiently for the sign. The time will eventually come.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Except the democrats would side with the Aliens, and the Republicans would use it to take away a few more civil rights.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Since the topic uses the word 'attacked', I doubt it'd be a good thing.

But it's anyone's guess if aliens came here, what they'd do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join