It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Alex Jones be trusted?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vladmir

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
The elite has about i'd guess 100 different ways to neutralize Ron Paul or chant him against the population, how do you think does he have a chance against ruling families that have been leading for hundreds of years and still?

Yes, i understand what you are saying.
See, the mainstrain media is already attacking and defaming him.
But, clearly, he is gaining momentum and popularity much faster than the Illuminati has imagined.
Which is why, the elitists themselves are considering assasinating Ron Paul.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Ron Paul himself is aware of the threat of an assasination.
www.jonesreport.com...

But heres the thing.
It may very well be, that Hitlery or Ghouliani will be forced down our throats as the next President.
But to give up right now, is giving too much power to the Illuminati.
They cant do ANYTHING to a person who has already woken up to their evil agenda, apart from trying to stop him telling and waking up others, or trying to convince the masses he is a fool, or if that dosent work, then kill him.

But basically the game is up. This person is like a thorn in the side of the Illuminati. All that is needed is MORE people waking up, thats all.

Of course, they way things are going now, that may be too little too late.
But hey, i dont know the future. I dont know whats going to happen in my own life tomorrow, much less whats going to happen on the global scale tomorrow.
But i am not going to just lay down and die.
Because it ISINT INEVITABLE.
We need to understand this. It ISINT inevitable, maybe not probable, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Look i don't think you get my point.

The elite is BEYOND SUCH THINGS.

They know the goddamn mind of the human perfectly and know how to divert people again and again and again they will WIN.

-----MIND CONTROL-----

God damn, do you believe a president rules this country???? HELL NO and NEVER DID since Kennedy's death you should become aware of that.

They don't care about the constitution or any law they are always one step ahead of the SHEEPLE. It' simple as that. People fall into their own trap again and again and now they become pupils of Jones and co, who are feeding the corrupt system without even noticing themselves.

The reality is WAYS BEYOND WHAT JONES TALKS ABOUT.
Why won't the people get that into their heads???

Democracy was never here.
The constitution was never meant from ppl for people.
A president has never ruled.

Unless you deny this you are a VICTIM of REALITY.

RON PAUL OR ANY OTHER MESSIAH WAS NEVER AND IS STILL NOT ANYONE'S SOLUTION.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

And both Alex Jones and Ron Paul are very very radical right wing conservative Christians. Alex Jones is on a Radical Right Wing Christian broadcasting network, which is hosted by an ABC affiliated sattelite. Safe to say that basically, whoever owns ABC, owns GCN, owns Alex Jones, and Ron Paul is indebted to that person, or that group, for his so far record breaking sucess in his campaign for president.

It is funny you say this, because I downloaded about 10 AJ podcasts to listen to on my commute. I was really torn. Although I saw his passion and was right there with him on many issues, there was a huge disconnect between me and him ideologically that really turned me off.

I am fine with Christians, even hardcore Christians, I just have difficulty seeing the world in the same way, as my ideology is so different. So I can only half heartedly listen to and agree with AJ, and maybe I should pay more attention to this issue with Dr. RP.

As far as can AJ be trusted? That is really huge. For me, I think he can be partially be trusted, but my ambitions might be totally different from his and yours and that plays a big roll in defining trust. I trust that he is disseminating information, I partially trust that it is indeed for the greater good ( in his mind), I trust less that what he is working for is what I would like to see become reality in this country.

I think anybody who is backed by corporate media is going to be controlled to some degree. Still that does not invalidate everything that such a person says. Look at the Simpson's and the Family Guy and how they rip on Fox. How do they get away with badmouthing the hand that feeds them?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So are you saying there is nothing anyone can do?

Why even talk about it then?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In my opinion Alex Jones is more than likely genuine, but he's a bit of a braggart and a trouble-maker... Still, like most people, I'm skeptical of anyone making the outrageous claims that he sometimes makes... Most of his claims are backed by news stories he supposedly finds buried in the archives but in a world where the media is not to be trusted who knows if the new world order isn't leaving him a false news trail to let him discredit himself and burn himself out...

Most of the move towards Global Government is self-evident, is all around us, doesn't take a genius to see that "the people" aren't really in charge of any nation (at least not to the extent they should be).

The way I see it, eventually the NWO will succeed, it will be impossible to completely extinguish the Global Elite because there will always be men hungry for power in this world and whether ten, fifty, or a thousand years from now we will have world government (if we don't destroy each other first) ... Alex Jones often speaks as if he's put a major dent in the NWO or that they're scared, they're probably not. They're probably in some dark room laughing about how easy it is to control the world and get away with it...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deezee

So are you saying there is nothing anyone can do?

Why even talk about it then?

What i say is that most people are not even able to believe in what's really going on under their current condition.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
And what actions is Alex Jones taking to stop the New World Order (besides alerting the public)?

And is he making progress?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
And what actions is Alex Jones taking to stop the New World Order (besides alerting the public)?

And is he making progress?

voting for ron paul.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I really like AJ and listen to his podcasts often.

I think though, his main problem is that he has a very big ego and enjoys hearing himself speak. This is also his biggest asset though as its what gets him attention and therefor sales.

I think on most items and news peices on his show and site, he exagerates them and hypes them up to fit his agenda and WILL hand wave off some things regarding religion if its pressed. I dont think he is a disinfo agent though, I simply think this is his ego taking over trying to point out that his version of reality is the correct one on all sides.

Still all in all he has excellent information and brings to light tons of important issues the majority of the time. More than alot of people ever do.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ask yourself what people want from you. What does Alex Jones want from you? All he wants is for you to open your eyes and look into these things for yourself. He doesn't run a 'scheme', in fact everything he has ever produced has been available for free online.

Watch 'Endgame' and tell me one single thing in there that is anything but the bald faced truth. There is not one conspiracy theory of any kind, just obvious facts being presented from the past and the present.

As for Ron Paul, his history speaks for itself. Even his radical (to some) religious beliefs have never affected the way he has acted politically, over a long and solid career. What has he done to gain mistrust?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
One thing Alex Jones really has going for him is that he actually goes out into the field and documents stuff with video. A lot of similar guys just talk out their butts about police abuse and stuff like that. Jones talks about it, and then he shows you a video with firsthand evidence about it. As a source of information, I think Jones is a good guy in general, although some of his ideas, like the vaccines thing, I don't believe in.

I don't think Jones is trying to deceive anyone. He does come on rather strong and passionate, and that is generally a good thing, but sometimes he pushes an issue that I feel he is in error over. He tries to document everything, either himself or by giving sources. I think sometimes he is a little too eager to believe the worst in a given situation, and sees conspiracies where none exist, but he does have many valid points and he should be listened to. Always remember to look at any story from as many points of view as you can get.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones works hard to explain the workings of the elite in laymen's terms. At least in public, the elite uses complicated terms and methods to confuse the public. While there are various elite consensus, I don't think the elite is as unified as Alex Jones often portrays them to be.

In America, Assassination seems to be only used as a last resort. Although, if the elite faces greater opposition, I suppose it could become more common.

Politically, I don't know if Alex Jones is really a threat to the elite. Once nearly every American is in debt, and the corporations own everything, how are Ron Paul's ideas a threat to them? It may be too early for that, but Ron Paul could run again next time. If the elite bankrupts the economy, and buys up all the land, and privatizes everything, they can maintain their power simply by enforcing property rights, which Ron Paul enthusiastically supports.

I think libertarian ideas can work to an extent, but individuals need the ability to get land. Interestingly, the biblical system has a method of doing this by redistributing land every 50 years.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
From reading this thread, it looks to me like most criticism of Jones had nothing to do with his credibility, just personal preferences and petty differences. As for the rest of the criticism, its baseless assertions and theories. Alex is not perfect, he says it all the time, he makes mistakes, and he acknowledges them most importantly.
If you dont believe something he says, look into it yourself, as he always says. He is really transparent about his claims and his sources.

I dont share his Christian beliefs, but I dont need to to understand and appreciate what he talks about.

This is the evil Alex Jones talking about the Ego.

On spirituality.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've listened to Alex for a number of years. I've never once heard him promote any type of protest, until Ron Paul started running for President.

I've always wondered why he didn't promote anything but sales. I didn't expect him to actually set up a protest, just suggest people who want to protest could meet up on his site.

He is a bit fishy.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
From reading this thread, it looks to me like most criticism of Jones had nothing to do with his credibility, just personal preferences and petty differences. As for the rest of the criticism, its baseless assertions and theories. Alex is not perfect, he says it all the time, he makes mistakes, and he acknowledges them most importantly.
If you dont believe something he says, look into it yourself, as he always says. He is really transparent about his claims and his sources.

The accusations against Jones go a bit stronger than mere personality criticisms, his credibilty as a true "truthteller" has been questioned also.
Take this story for example where Jones has been implicated in the betrayal of the Gray Family
www....(malwaresite)/jones.html

Bill Cooper on Jones
www.youtube.com...

some reservations of Jones expressed here
nwowatcher.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Alex Jones denies the alien question...not quite the big picture

Most sheeple listen to him because they can't stand for themselves.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Again, can the MSM be trusted? No! No one can be trusted! But his information is good, he finds alot of gems hidden in the media to support his info. Is he a character? Yep! Is he to be trusted? No.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It scares me to see no serious discussion of Hegelianism on this thread!

Alex Jones is not genuine. The proof:

1. doesn't discuss related topics on subjects he promotes, eg UFOs - reason: commercial marketing and more importantly, disinformation by silence. If you masquerade as a warning label and are successful people who trust you assume that what you don't mention is not part of the subject. Alex Jones is the George Adamski of the truth movement.

2. Hegelianism requires two opposing sides. AJ is a change agent for side #2. Please always keep in mind that the puppet master's hands are inside each of those two sides.

3. Were AJ genuine he would have received the JFK memorial award for investigative journalism: a rubber band tied around his neck three times, a karate chop to the neck or a single-vehicle fatal on a lonely road.

fiction doesn't leave a REAL paper trail.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Why dosent Alex Jones talk about UFO's?
Because i) he is not a expert in the subject,
ii) he will have to extend this daily radio show from 3 hours, to 5+ hours, because there is just so much to cover from the UFO angle.

Now, honestly, Alex has got a full plate of news every day Monday to Friday, his radio show is for 3 hours!
At the end of the show he is alsays saying that he has just mentioned the tip of the iceberg,
and his job will be a lot easier if more people take up radioshows and become talkhosts, so he can focus more on what his interests and strong points are are in this fight against the NWO.
And nobody can deny the fact, that Alex is very knowledgeable when it comes to how governments have sponsored terrorism throughout history in odrder to keep the masses under subjugation.
Now, show me a UFO expert who has such a wide grasp of politics of THIS world.
Now, EXOPOLITICS is a whole different ballgame, and people like Stephen Bassett and Steven Greer are leaders in that field, and more power to them.

Alex is not an alien, he is human.
He has got a wife and kids, he is a family man.

Now considering the ground realities, Hegelianism just dosent apply here.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The guy is also funny as hell to. Sometimes a laugh is needed in this community.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have listened to the AJ show many times and I came to two conclusions
I like some of the information he has to offer but I think that he is a biggot..

Respectfully
GEO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join