It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Police Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
This is an interesting tactic to curtail identity theft. Let's just fingerprint anyone that is caught speeding or with loud music. Seems a bit extreme to me. Wondering if anyone has experienced this yet and how others would feel if they were asked to provide a fingerprint along with their seatbelt ticket.

I think this is a great way to stop people from giving false information. This will cost a fortune for records storage in larger cities.

Lt.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

That's the rub.You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.The police assume guilt at the onset.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I usually don't get pulled over, but, I still have mixed feelings about this.

I can imagine a (paranoid) scenerio when dirty law enforcement can plant your fingerprints and DNA in a crime scene. Who knows, if they really wanted to, I suppose it wouldn't be hard to do this anyway? (as if)

The biometric scan I had noticed was at a well known food chain. It was my understanding that China bought IBM and now supposedly has your fingerprint information? Couldn't hackers using this technology abuse your ID this way also? So, what's fool proof? I noticed recently the system is taped up. I wonder why? Maybe not enough interested? (not me)

It was my understanding there is more information on the magnetic strip on you license also. Wouldn't your prints be on this file if you were ever printed?

I'm all for security IF it actually protects my civil rights and identity.

Green Bay Wisconsin? Makes me wonder if this was more about race than just a persons identity. Did they say who was actually being targeted or was this a standard search to hide it's real purpose? Do these cops have search dogs also? Wisconsin is definately NOT my favorite state to drive through anyway.

Personally, I would rather my ID matched my fingerprint anyway.Anyone who is a citizen should be in order to work and drive etc. That way they should have a face to match the prints. If they aren't a citizen and arrested, they should also take DNA just in case they have done worse.

It won't be long after in which we'll also have our DNA on file as well. Then maybe they'll find out who the real deadbeat fathers are.

Imagine if you actually had a clone running around doing this though. " Do you have a twin?.......Have you ever been abducted?"

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have posted this before, but everyone who thinks this should be allowed and that your stigmatised if you don't 'lawyer up' before talking to the police for any reason should take the 20 minutes or so and watch these short videos from a law professor and a detective!

judicialmisconduct.blogspot.com...
indo

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well well, another reason for me not to drive the twenty minutes to greenbay.
besides the gangs that is.
unless i've commited a felony, my driver's license is enough identification for the police

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

IT has happened, in Milwaukee. Funny thing, is, a friend WAS playing loud music with his band. Because it was around campus, the Milwaukee Police have a policy to give a ticket regardless. At the same moment, he was also fingerprinted, to prevent someone else from using his identity in the future.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join