It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Police Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Wisconsin Police Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops

www.truthnews.us

If you’re ticketed by Green Bay police, you’ll get more than a fine. You’ll get fingerprinted, too. It’s a new way police are cracking down on crime....
.....Police say they want to prevent the identity theft problem that Milwaukee has, where 13 percent of all violators give a false name.
But in Green Bay, where police say they only average about five cases in a year, drivers we talked with think the new policy is extreme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is an interesting tactic to curtail identity theft. Let's just fingerprint anyone that is caught speeding or with loud music. Seems a bit extreme to me. Wondering if anyone has experienced this yet and how others would feel if they were asked to provide a fingerprint along with their seatbelt ticket.

www.truthnews.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Arizona cops check all suspects for citizenship. Police everywhere are stepping it up.

It's not like you can refuse, is it? And if you could, it would be like refusing permission to search your car; it would make you seem more suspicious.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It is being stepped up in every way.

Last night my wife had on the TV show 48 Hours Mysteries. It was about a guy convicted of murder. Twice during the show, a point was made of how suspicious it was that right after they first questioned him, he hired a lawyer, even before he was formally arrested.

The idea that was put across was that only the guilty need a lawyer. Now I have no way of knowing if the man was guilty or not. But when it starts being put into the publics mind that the act of hiring a lawyer means you have something to hide, I feel it's a step in the wrong direction.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I agree with both the last posts. How are you supposed to say no? Once you do that, you know it will snowball into something much worse. The hassle would be huge. Suddenly a seatbelt ticket turns into you resisting fingerprinting, obstructing justice, so on and so on. It is starting to make me think police and law enforcement believe everyone is a criminal to some degree. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The day this crap starts here, I guess I'm gonna be going to jail and they will have to force me to take prints.

This type of crap slides because "they" know most people will submit to it rather then deal with the hassle, they are Using Americans lack of spine against them.

Fellow Americans, Start acting like Free men instead of obedient dogs.

don't tolerate this BS I don't care how inconvenient it is.

Civil Disobedience

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As I understand it... you do not have to submit to a fingerprinting unless you are physically detained... as in 'arrested' and taken to jail. Resisting this is exactly what needs to be done!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

If you are stopped by police you are technically under arrest while they investigate. They can indeed drag you down to the jailhouse over a blown headlight. I had it happen to me because the cop ran out of tickets in his ticket book. I was beaten, cuffed, put in the cruiser, and processed at the station. I was then released with a broken headlight ticket, and a disorderly conduct charge for resisting.

[edit on 12/23/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Has anyone here tried cashing a check at a bank where you do not have an account, such as the bank the check is drawn on?

Guess what. If you want the money, you have to give a fingerprint.

There are a lot of jobs out there that require fingerprinting.

Mine have been on file with the FBI for more than forty years without any problems as a result.

These heavily-biased, alarmist websites that are cited on Breaking Alternative News are an abomination.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think it's a matter of timing. The cops say, "It's to prove it isn't you." And you get that programming on national TV shows like CSI. There you go, do what you're told.

Once they have your prints, they have them, whether you've done something or not. "Oh, if aquitted they are taken off of the slate." Yeah, right. What's wrong with this? You get printed for speeding? Guess what. I sped today, I sped yesterday and I'll probably speed tomorrow. Does that make me a criminal? NOT DRINKING WHILE SPEEDING!!!!! I don't do that. It's totally stupid.

So why should I give up my prints? Timing. Get a lawyer. Saying so doesn't make you a criminal, makes you smart imo.

If you're guilty of a felony though, you're screwed. Good luck with that. Don't lump me in with the idiots and criminals.

Btw Grady, I've processed many bank transactions and have NEVER been asked for a fingerprint.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The article does state that you are under no legal obligation to give your prints in these cases however they also mention that most people will comply with an officer's request even if they know they don't have to.

So, we are all now educated, tell your friends and family, they DO NOT have to give their prints at a traffic stop.

Vas

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Btw Grady, I've processed many bank transactions and have NEVER been asked for a fingerprint.

You live in Canada and not the US.

Not all transactions require a fingerprint.

It's the high risk transaction, like cashing possibly fake checks.

They have some sort of "ink" that in invisible on your finer or thumb, but it makes a visible print on the check.

A method of identifying a check signer comprises the application of a fingerprint of a person to an identification card in invisible ink. The same fingerprint of the person is applied to the check in invisible ink in the presence of a person requested to cash the check. The fingerprint of the identification card is scanned to provide a first set of electrical signals. The fingerprint of the check is scanned to provide a second set of electrical signals. The first and second sets of electrical signals are compared. Comparison or non-comparison of the first and second sets of electrical signals is indicated to indicate the authenticity of the signer.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

Now they are using biometric devices to take the place of the invisible ink method.

www.google.com...

[edit on 2007/12/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
At Bank of America, I get fingerprinted everytime on my payroll check.

If one has nothing to hide, then whats the issue?

After Sept 11th, the integration of computer data bases and what it contained was something that alarmed me.

Everything about you, in our state is in the computer. Assets, property, bank accounts, vehicles, fingerprints and even DNA.

People are being alarmist about the fingerprints, but the truth is the data has been collected for decades.
In the UK, it is my understanding, that when there is a crime, and DNA evidence is found, that if its yours, and one or two other people, that its your legal job to clear yourself. Guilty until proven innocent under that program.

Peace

[edit on 24-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

In my opinion (sorry), exceeding the speed limit for anything other than to momentarily pass someone does make you a criminal.

Remember a car is a deadly weapon.

Frankly I'm surprised at you glorifying such behavior.

Have you ever injured anyone with your car? It only takes a millisecond for that careening hunk of metal to take a life.

Why not slow down and enjoy life?

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Why not slow down and enjoy life?

How is it that we are supposed to enjoy life when every time we turn around we are being watched by the people of high power. We have no privacy anymore. Anything you do is now scrutinized by somebody or some computer database somewhere. It seems like we are losing more and more freedoms everyday. How long before we can no longer express ourselves on this site or any others like it? You even have to watch what you say out loud now adays. It disgusts me.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think Im more alarmed that someone might think one is criminal from speeding.

Depends on the speed overage doesnt it?

I find it interesting, that speed enforcement is strictly enforced, yet clear markings of the roadways are not. Isnt that a hazard?

How about the high speed law enforcement chases that are becoming an epidemic.

Some munis purposely set speed traps. Is that moral or ethical?

Perhaps a little investigation into radar gun manufacturers, insurance companys and its subsidizing, and the business of ticket revenue in general.

In the state of Washington alone, there are some 2.1 Million Tickets written a year with a state that has a population of 5.5 Million.

When an officer pulls a man over and tells him that he should dispute the ticket, because he needs the overtime...is that criminal? It appears not to be here.

When law enforcement in this area is given 150K for internal investigations, and instead uses the money for additional police cars..

It appears that there are some, that think they are above the law..

Now thats criminal.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have nothing to hide so fingerprint take my DNA retnal scan and urine sample.

Now can I buy grocercies officer rieshstat.

give me a break you guys would of loved USSR 10 yrs ago it would have been great for you.

anyone who replies you have nothing to hide so give your DNA fingerprints and urine sample to get a fricken paycheck from your job needs to be in china or USSR clearly you are unamerican get out of my country.

I fear my country has been over run with hitler wanna be's please step aside and lets us fight for rights as well to do nothing and become a slave.

I will not and we will fight for you.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by NWOplayerhater]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I remember the good old days when only the arrested criminals were fingerprinted. Of course, we are all viewed a criminals or potential lawbreakers by those who are tasked with upholding the laws.
With everyones fingerprints on file, the scope for wrongful arrests and miscarriages of justice escalate. The police these days seem to go for quick results and easy targets so, following a crime prints are lifted from the crime scene. My prints or DNA may be found if I have previously been at that location. So, the police come kicking down my door and arrest me for interrogation. If I cannot prove I was not at the location during the crime I may well find myself locked up. The onus is now on us to prove our innocence, not the authorities to prove our guilt and if we cannot provide evidence or our whereabouts during the crime we are screwed. Quick result for the police and another target met, irrespective of whether they have locked up the right person.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is clearly an invasion of privacy and I would refuse a cop my fingerprint
on a ticket. The F.B.I. has had my prints for nearly 40 years, and I have nothing to hide either, but I will not be subjected to cop mind games.

This is outrageous and sets a dangerous precedence in my opinion. People are surrendering their rights and endangering us all by being so passive. Just say no. No, say Hell, no!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've had my driver's license for about ten years, and in my goofy high school days I got pulled over and written probably 2 dozen tickets (ranging from something as minor as "unsafe equipment" (rear blinker burnt out) to more serious things like drag racing.) Every single time I've been written a ticket, they've asked me for my thumbprint. Since I'm older now and don't do so many stupid things, I haven't been pulled over in years - but I imagine the practice would be the same.

Washington Mutual also asked for my thumbprint way back when I first opened my checking account there. Similarly, if you want to take the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) you'll have to give up your fingerprints - I imagine it's the same for the MCAT, GMAT, etc - but have not taken those myself.

Lot's of unsavory folks out there, and identity theft/forgery is easier than ever for many things. It's useful because I know for a fact there's no way they'd be able to get my license to scan through their magnetic reader because it's so worn - I know I can't be alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join