It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nepal agrees to abolish monarchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Nepal agrees to abolish monarchy

news.bbc.co.uk

The government of Nepal has agreed to abolish the monarchy as part of a deal to persuade Maoist former rebels to rejoin the interim administration.

Under the deal, Nepal will be declared a republic after a general election has been held next year and a new constituent assembly established.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A political deal rather than the realisation that the supposed 'supremecy' of blood line and 'royalty' should have been ditched ages ago.

The idea of royalty, IMO, is beyond belief. How anyone can believe that someone has superiority to rule over 'subjects' because of a supposed superior bloodline is akin to nazi fascism.

How some countries, the UK in particular, have put up with this continuing farce is beyond me. The present British royal family are now nothing more than a tourist attraction and an excuse to have an army that pledges allegiance to defend the ruling authority.

With all the in-breeding these families do, it's no wonder they turn to shady and nasty tactics to have new blood in their families and then have family members replaced (Diana/Camilla for example). I thought this sort of thing stopped in the middle ages, but no, it appears to be just as rife today as it's always been within these supposedly 'royal' personages.

Royal rulers are out of date, out of fashion, out of context, and completely useless.

I hope that Nepal can now find its footing in a brighter future and one that favours the people rather than some pompous arse who sits around pretending to be something that should be extinct.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join