Originally posted by anxietydisorder
. .. but it also devalued the point system.
1. Thanks much. I didn't know it was over 5,000. Is that info readily available?
2. hmmmm devalued the point system?
3. THEN CHANGE the value of each tag. Even 1/10th or 1/20th of a point per tag is a lot more motivating than 0.000.
4. There's a LOT of useful info in the archives--even in the long dead ancient threads. Particularly about some topics. And even though I like
tagging, I hate doing it for zip, 0.000. It's insulting of my time.
5. I do think the point system and tagging system needs to be changed somewhat with regard to tagging.
6. Certainly tagging dead threads should earn more points or fractions of a point than tagging current threads. It may be that higher priority topic
dead threads should earn more points.
7. I think there should be a way for a tagger to rate a dead thread in terms of likely interest or usefulness AS WELL AS to note if such a thread has
1-3 posts; less than 10 posts etc. As a librarian, that sort of info can be quite useful to researchers and would be easy to add with the tagging. But
the system would need to provide for it.
8. I'd really appreciate the leadership taking another look at this issue. The FOIA documents and a ton of ancient archive stuff all needs a quality
tagging system. There is no reason to avoid giving SUITABLE, FITTING point/fraction of point value for the tagging. Lots of stuff in behalf of ATS
deserves points. This activity requiring members' time, thoughtfulness, intellect, perspective, experience etc. to do well--deserves points as well
as any other IN-BEHALF-OF-ATS activity, imho.
9. I think this is more than an academic issue. Any number of contingencies could arise when finding the data in ATS archives COULD result in life and
death situations perhaps for 10's of thougsands of individuals. INFORMATION is more than valuable--it can be priceless. But UNINDEXED INFO is almost
the same as NO info--which is the same as IGNORANCE.
Springer? Anyone? how about reconsidering this issue?
Which reminds me . . . no way to ping folks to individual posts. Sigh.
Which reminds me . . . why is it so derned difficult to select text out of a posting quote to delete it? It just does not work about 80% of the
cheers and Happy New Year to all of good heart.