It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classical appreciation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Okay, so my favorite band is Motley Crue, but this isn't about them. I am a well rounded guy and have a far greater appreciation for finer things than you would tell from reading what I have posted, or seeing me in person.

I have always loved the essence of anything and with music you have to love the symphonic sound or you probably were neglected in your childhood

Anyway, this thread is for posting all things awesome about classical orchestrated music. I watched a couple versions of The Nutcracker Ballet out the side of my eye today and have to say that the music is pretty awesome, or as Lombozo would say, "It's pretty awesome and stuff".

For starters here is one that you audiophiles who have surround sound and a wicked bass can crank up the volume and shake the kids pictures off the wall to; the prelude to J S Bach's Cello Suite No1:

Now go forth and post something.

Edit to change embedding code.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I love Classical but am not familiar with a lot of titles. Here is a piece that is very impressive, especially considering an 8 year old girl is playing it.

Chopin Nocturne #20

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What gets me is that 200-300 years ago, these guys were passionate about music and everything was different. The instruments themselves produced the sound - they vibrated and sang. All the sound was true to the instrument itself. There were no speakers to repeat what they were playing just the resonance of the instrument, which is interesting to think about.

But since their was not MSM like we have today - no MTV, VH1, CMT, etc. - these guys would primarily publish their work and play concerts in front of very important people, and this is how they were known. They would spend a large portion of their careers creating a symphony. The whole thing was like what we would call one CD today and it was all one flowing event where parts worked into the whole. It is crazy that they named these things, symphony 1,2,7, etc.

Can you imagine Tool just calling their CD's by number?

[edit on 23-12-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
I love Classical but am not familiar with a lot of titles. Here is a piece that is very impressive, especially considering an 8 year old girl is playing it.

Neither am I. I just love hearing it. That girl is a prodigy. It is unbelievable to hear her play. It takes a normal person years to be able to connect enough to feel the way she can play on that piano. That's awesome.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i have been on a serious classical kick lately.
listen to a lot of hilary hahn. she is a violinist...she is in her early 20's and is compared to paganini. she is simply amazing. there is many a youtube vid of her.

i dig chopin a lot. i just bought the chopin collection. 159 songs played by arthur reubenstein....friggin fantastic set.

of course beethoven.....who don't like fur elise?

i like hearing bach's cello works played mostly cause cello is an unaccompanied instrument. i love just hearing that.

a few others i like
stravinsky
braum
weburn
varese'
----
of course i like zappas classical compositions

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm shamelessly plugging one of my threads here:

Classical Music (Videos)

If you like classical music, you may find something you like there...

top topics

join