It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 and ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hello to all here. This is my first post on ATS and I thought I could get a question answered concerning the below link. The video shows a SR-71 with another aircraft trailing and I have no clue what type it is. Can anyone identify this plane? Thanks

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hi, I'm no expert, but looks like some kind of test aircraft.
Just had a quick look around, could possibly be an X-36 X-36 Info

But like I said I'm no expert by any means!

jra

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That would be a D-21 drone actually.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
That would be a D-21 drone actually.

Give that man a cigar. Its not really a SR-71 its a Modified A-12. Its a 2 seater known as an M-21. The only living example of the M-21 can be seen at the Seattle Museum of Flight.

The D-21 was designed to go places the A-12 could not. However, one of the launches resulted in a collision and the backseater was killed. The D-21 was used operationaly but fired from modified B-52 into China

In an interesting side note, ben Rich talks about a piece of the D-21 being given to him that had been aquired from a defecting KGB agent in the 80's. it was found in Siberia. Apparently the guidence system had gone bad and its was found. The Soviets thought it was part of the US Stealth fighter

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thanks guys, I knew I could find the answer here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If no one has seen a Blackbird and with this config especially today and then a picture was leaked on ATS, you would believe it to be a Modern 2007 model, spy craft. But its 50 years old atleast.

I would assume that todays stealth is really 1970 technology and the whole ufo conspiracy if really a coverup of new aircraft.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ironic if the government started the whole UFO Roswell crash thing and then any other leaked "ET information" to get people's eyes away from what was really going on, spy aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Thats what they did with the russians they leaked ET research like blue book to the Russians who put a much larger amount of research into the field the the USAF etc. All the While the USAF and CIA developed more and more spy aircraft like the 71, B-1 and 117.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's a great tactic, get your enemy to spend money on BS while you spend money on something important.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

join