It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the fastest way to experience something paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Go stay at the St. James Hotel, in Cimarron New Mexico. That place is super freaking haunted. I'll never go back. It made me wig out real bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I would have to agree with vas. Probably drugs would probably be much safer than some other "paranormal" situations I can think of. But, like I said earlier, find a haunted place and go there. Find an abandoned looney bin that they did bad things to people in, or maybe a prison where people were killed or executed. I believe there was a TV show where people wore cameras facing them, and they went to really creepy places.

Battlefields are good places to find paranormal activity, so in the U.S., civil war battlefields, in Europe it is probably easier to find this sort of place.

Hiroshima, or Nagasaki Japan, Dresden, Berlin, Stalingrad, these might be good places to find ghosts as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Give EVP's a go.

Get yourself a tape recorder and see if you can get some voices on it.
Mysterious voices can appear in the white noise of the recordings.
This would be one of the easiest ways to try and have a paranormal experience.

Look up EVP on the net. There are many sites that go through what to do ect.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here's one if you turn off your lights and stare into the dark, there will be swirling energy, moving components of energy moving around, shadows and other things. Let your eyes adjust to the light. It will be like being swallowed by the darkness.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by menguard]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Go stay at the St. James Hotel, in Cimarron New Mexico. That place is super freaking haunted. I'll never go back. It made me wig out real bad.

Ah yes, I also recommend haunted locations. I've been around places that make people cry (lol). If you want a chance to feel the extra-dimensional as a real presence, haunted locations are prime. Paranormal activity is often the crossover between dimensions and the non-progressive dead (unaware or traumatized) can be found 'haunting' places all over the world, so it's definitely a sure-fire way to experience something. It just might not be pleasant.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
First I think you have to define 'paranormal'.

Do you mean experience something out of the norm (for you)?

Do you mean experience a tangible, objective change in reality?

Do you mean experience a mental or perceptive change which may not be objectively verifiable?

Or do you mean experience the pop culture definition, i.e. 'see ghosts', or aliens or spirits?

There are a couple ways to experience a subjective 'extra-normal' event, and that's commonly done by deprivation, usually sensory dep. (isolation tanks spring to mind).

Other ways involve trying to change the brain chemistry, or brain waves. Some involve just making transitory changes in the physical milieu.

Extremes of temperature, pressure and changing other aspects of the environment can cause unusual reactions.

One common method practiced by Native Americans is the 'vision quest'. Here sleep deprivation, dietary manipulation and experiencing novel environments are used to allow mental effects to surface.

One of the easiest methods is changing the diet - specifically fluid fasting is used. This causes distinct changes in brain chemistry which is probably the root of most 'paranormal' events however I like to call them 'extra-normal', since anything that happens in nature -is- normal. IOW, how can nature truly be 'para'?

IME, CCK is one of the most potent modifiers of sensory and physical sensation, but it may not effect everyone the same way.

Due to T&C, discussions of plants and chemicals is beyond the scope, and I find them to be less useful than diet and physical methods for the most part. IOW, things that you cause to be different using non-chemical methods seem more 'real'. YMMV. HTH.

2 cents.

PS posting this does not mean I'm advocating any methods, since these can be hazardous. Don't try this at home, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Although i DO NOT recommend it
I guess the quickest and easiest way to experience the paranormal is
with an Ouija board.....
but like i said unless you really know what you are doing (i do not)
then try it real quick and then stop. just so you can see that something is definately going on. then throw it away...cause they probably are really dangerous.

if you would rather not (good move)
then take my word for it.......it works........

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The best way to do this is to go to your roof at night. talk to god or to whoever you think might be listening to you. the higher elevation the better. The greeks knew this as well, the higher you go up, the greater connection with god and the supernatural.

it's an easy tip. Also open your arms and ask for the universe to give you energy. and do it at night, so you won't look silly on the tops.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hahaha, give us your name so we can find out which mental asylum or morgue you will end up in.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Don't worry about all the silly warnings about occult arts, its rubish.
So is "the higher you go" bla bla bla nut'ism.

I'm a mile higher than most of the people in the United States, along with several million other people in the state of Colorado, height has nothing to do with experience.

The greeks were superstitious pagans with some great ideas and other ridiculous ones.

The fastest way to experience something weird is simply psyching yourself out so much that you believe anything is paranormal. "What was that noise?!?!"

Try the old midnight in the mirror "bloody mary" trick, that will raise the shackles on your neck. Nothing happens, just doing that is ooky spooky.

Oiuja boards are harmless parker brothers toys.
You don't need two people to use one, you can sit by yourself and a candle and let the board do its thing. Mostly you get nonsense, but if you bother with gemetria or numerology then you can create your own little paranormal puzzle from the game, it might even seem like the message is from "the other side". Its not.

Drugs don't induce paranormal experiences. A quantity of fungus might make you see fairies and dwarves in the texture of wood and such, but its just the mind working overtime on pattern recognition while being off kilter from fungal poisoning. A quantity of synthetic hallucinogens may make you feel like you are one with cosmos, but unless you are already tipping on the verge of insanity you most probably won't experience ghosts or ufos or anything of that nature.

Mostly likely drugs will make you not give a damn about paranormal experiences and just enjoy mundane things like the simpsons a little more, followed by being bummed out a day or two later when the dopamine rinses out of you.

Apparently practicing astral projection will manifest strange sleep paralysis type induced hallucinations of presence (caused by temporal lobe seizure), or being touched by something outside yourself. This is a brain response and not extra-dimensional entities playing with you.

Jedimiller for once is almost correct. If you stand around accepting energy from whatever you think might hand it to you, you will psyche yourself to a point of feeling like you are being charged. If you continue to concentrate on communicating with the source of energy your mind will open to get the impression of a conversation with other worldy power...its just your ego, enjoy the trip.

I suppose getting your heart rate sky high by climbing on your roof would elevate the experience, but it doesn't necessarily mean your satellite dish is closer to the gods than your water heater.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well frankly just keep an open mind, and open eyes, you just have to pay attention and look for things out of the ordinery, things you cant explain or dont find the current explenation reasonable.
Look into it, research it, most time's it will probbly turn out to be somthing very normal, not paranormal, but hey if you want an "experience" so bad go out and find it yourself, you might just be surprised of what you find out.

Well hope i helped
Protech

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Protech]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Legalizer wrote:

Oiuja boards are harmless parker brothers toys.

I have to disagree, and I'm warning you urgently to stay away from them. I did that, tried it only once, "just quick," and I opened the floodgates to being haunted in a most unpleasant way. Even though you want so badly to experience something paranormal, there are things you DO NOT want to experience, trust me.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If the ouija had any proof of danger do you seriously think it would have been sold as a toy and novelty for over 110 years?

The ouija didn't cause any haunting, a weak mind causes haunting, ie, imagination fueled disturbances of the mental and emotional states.

For twenty five years I have listened to these bogus claims, and heard them repeated about Dungeons and Dragons, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Tarot, occult studies, rock music, yellow cheese, you name it.

Such claims are false, do not believe liars and the delusional.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

I shoot IPSC here in the U.S. (way off topic, I know!!)

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Every 5 minutes of the day question your reality and literally jump upwards with the intention of flying.

Do this for one day, and you will experience something paranormal.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

top topics

<< 1   >>

join