It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the fastest way to experience something paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What is the fastest way to experience something paranormal. Nothing involving drugs, and nothing dangerous. I deeply wish to experience something paranormal. I posted a similar topic on another board, and most of the replies said to go see a psychic or go to a haunted house, but there is nothing like that in my area.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Making your pillow to breathe like a breathing stomach.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

What?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't think you make yourself experience something paranormal. I think these things find you or are coincidence. The best thing is to keep an open mind. Personally, I believe that people have a recessive trait for ESP and sensitivity to the paranormal. That's why some people experience things on a regular basis, some very infrequently (like me) and some almost never.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The best way is to believe in God, many have read the Bible and felt and experienced changes in their personality and view of the world along with many other things. Have a go see if it changes you? Give it a week, put your self to the test.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There is a danger in actively seeking out 'the paranormal'. Perhaps you should first be clear on why you are looking for such events, and then what sort events you want to see.

I mentioned 'danger' because, from the tone of your post, it sounds like you just want an 'experience.' If your mind is set on just experiencing ("Oh man, I just saw a ghost: It was awesome), you could find yourself seeing paranormal phenomena where there is none.

Or -- in another scenario, you could find yourself being duped by charlatans who run 'haunted houses', and such.

I will again recommend that you clarify your intent -- or, if you prefer, write to me. I'd be glad to help you seek.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You wanna experience something paranormal? Check the "Sixth sense". Awsome movie!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Jackdaw

My entire life I have felt that I know some great secret. I wish to know what that secret is. I believe that there is something that I don't understand, and I wish to understand it.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's not really paranormal but you could always try astral projection.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Avoid contact with the Dead, avoid magic arts and avoid anything that will make you are target of evil by delving too deep.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silviiro
What is the fastest way to experience something paranormal. Nothing involving drugs, and nothing dangerous. I deeply wish to experience something paranormal. I posted a similar topic on another board, and most of the replies said to go see a psychic or go to a haunted house, but there is nothing like that in my area.

In my opinion the fastest way is the first of the two ways you say you don't want to try. I would point out that shamen have been using this method since probably the birth of humanity.

Vas

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Jackdaw

Very true Mr Jackdaw.

If you go searching for the paranormal, you'll likely find it. But you'd probably discover that you are not prepared for what you find.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You will need 2 people at a minimum to try a OUIJI board. Yet I would caution against this however. Ouiji boards are extremely unpredictable and could leave one possessed worst case scenario. I would just have faith that an event will happen to let you know the world isn't what it seems to be.

Good luck on your quest!

[edit on 23-12-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Spiritual practice like meditation and trascendental meditaton is the quickest way to expand your reality.

Experiencing UFO's did not expand me spiritually because it seems to be a technological phenomena, probably involving the government. Yet it is considered paranormal... so it did open my consciousness to the idea that fantastic things exist in the world that are labeled 'mysteries' or 'hoaxes' for a reason: they are fantastic and it would blow open peoples consciousness to understand the scope of what's really going on.

Transcendental knowledge comes in many forms, eastern philosophy and western philosophy have come to common ground many times to explain that the reality we live in is not what our senses or even society wants us to believe. Transcendental meditation specifically will put you in states of awareness that you haven't been encouraged to achieve at any time in your life : because if everyone were able to transcend our mental limitations we would be uncontrollable.

I would say the answer to your question is to look into transcendentalism, read from the masters (Like Srila Prabhupada, the last great vedic master who's organization was high-jacked by the CIA pedophiles to dishnor his name ). Look up Terrence McKenna. Start ANYWHERE. It will all open your mind to seeing and understanding the supernatural to be everywhere (as it is.)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silviiro
My entire life I have felt that I know some great secret. I wish to know what that secret is. I believe that there is something that I don't understand, and I wish to understand it.

Well, the secret is that we have all forgotten who we are. When we are born we 'forget' everything and are ready to be shaped a-new. In this world, we are shaped into a society that doesn't want us to go looking for great secrets or unlocking the mysteries of reality. Unfortunately, most people will never seize on their curiosity to study things outside the realm of normal life, so the fact that you want to investigate anything at all is a good sign that you have things to 'remember', not just learn, but get back in touch with.

Really I think the journey of discovery is something that is going to happen naturally to you. You won't have to ask for directions, you'll start gravitating towards subjects that gradually open your eyes, this is something that has happened to alot of us on ATS and that's why you have a portion of the population in general who is thinking farrr farrr outside the paradigm that we have been corralled into. This is the only thing I can warn about really... follow your curiosity and you will start learning all kinds of things, but keep in mind that once you have strayed so far outside the paradigm of 'normal' reality you might have a hard time explaining it to others. After a certain point, words don't help, directions won't work, and debating/arguing with people who are still inside the paradigm will be useless. It can be a lonely road in that sense, except that we are all on this road together and plenty of other people are on the same path of discovery.

The fact that I have written so much to you in this thread even now leads me to believe you are going to go somewhere. I don't know... it's just a hunch. I'm giving you a slap on the back and telling you to investigate reality and all the things labeled 'paranormal' within it because I have gone on an awesome journey of self-education doing the same thing and I just have a feeling that you're wanting to start a journey as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Develop your psychic abilities (everybody has 'em - careful how you use 'em). Meditate. Study and attempt Astral Projection. You can also always take a trip to your nearest cemetery with a digital camera and recorder - or infrared (even better) camera if you have one. Make sure it's okay to be there though. Trespassing isn't cool.

What to definitely NOT do: Don't mess with Ouija boards. Don't ever, ever call on Satan or his demons. They'll answer and then you'll have a dickens of a time getting rid of them. Don't practice witchcraft or sorcery of any kind.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Beware what you wish for. It may come true.

Right then!
The most reliable path you can take is more than obvious.
You need to source a local Paranormal Group.
Out with the phone book or browse the web. Most paranormal societies will have a website/forum and contact information.
These people are more likely to have intimate knowledge of local/regional hauntings, areas of known activity and a wealth of experience that may 'fast track' you to the experience(s) you seek.
You have nothing to lose & much to gain.
Choosing this way is far more reliable than hoping for a fluke or random brush with the unknown ..... and a damn sight safer.
Good Luck........

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
personally, the timelord's route works for me. believe in god. believe
you are surrounded by his/her love. believe every living thing has a
soul that wishes to be appreciated and loved. believe you are here
as an agent of that love this world sorely needs. i haven't been to
church in years so please don't write me off as a holy roller... just a
guy who has always known there was more than i see. good luck!!

i'd stay away from spiritual game boards, hauntings and anything
something may view as a way into you.....know what i'm sayin???

[edit on 23-12-2007 by last time here]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Paranormal? Look around you, put your hands in water, look into your eyes in a mirror, live. Welcome to your existence.

<<   2 >>

join