It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our biggest problem...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Make no mistake, this is not an attack on anyone or any "thing". Merely an observation and a starting point for discussion. Perhaps even a gentle nudge to fire a few neurons...

I have found that when people post threads on this site containing topics that they are emotionally attached to, they get prissy and overly defensive when it comes to a little criticism.

There are one or two threads on here currently where people have posted a very derogatory comment in response to the original post, and the OP has become upset at this, and posted an equally negative (sometimes personal) comment.

At what point do these comments and attacks contribute to the overall content of this site?

Have we become so small minded that we cannot see past silly comments, or feel the need to even make them in the first place?

My recomendations are as follows:

1) If you are one of the many that post material here, do not respond to silly or derogatory comments. Simply ignore them. Or better yet, learn to be a little more emotionally detatched, and take it on the chin...

2) If you are one of the silly childish fools that seems to think it acceptable to be negative toward anothers way of thinking instead of using reasoned and countered comments, then don't bother posting.

I for one love to debate, discuss and learn and I am sure many will agree with this. I am not always right, and no one likes to be proven wrong or have something nasty said about them, but I have learned that instead of getting so 'uptight' about negative comments, I either ignore them, or respond in a logical and intelligent fashion. Thereby showing the rest of the world that the person posting childish comments is exactly that - childish.

Hopefully this will start something positve, but that's for our members to decide now...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well said and may i say it is about time that some one said some thing.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by TORCHWOOD]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

This is one of the most heavily moderated boards I've ever been a part of. I'm sure the guilty parties will be paying with reputation points taken away regardless of how much this behavior might irk you.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

You are making an attack and a judgement here. Just because something seems silly or childish to you, that doesn't mean it is to the person who made the comment.

Instead of telling everyone how to behave as you think we should, you should be setting an example, not pointing out how negative, stupid, and childish people can be.

In other words, you just accomplished what you attempted to admonish people for.

top topics

join