It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Leads in AOL Straw Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting, Dr Paul is blowing away Guilianni and Romney in almost every state. You can add your own votes at aol.com...

I wonder if this will be covered up like all the other online polls he wins...

edit: sorry, I can't count..

[edit on 12/23/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

edit: changed title because the number of states keeps changing.

[edit on 12/23/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah, trust an internet poll where Ron Paul followers flock to just to bolster their candidate. Please. ALL internet polls are inaccurate, no matter which candidate leads.

I don't understand why you are so eager to believe every word of Ron Paul yet casts doubt on all others. As a voter, you must cast doubt on all. Hitler told people what they wanted to hear and gave them what they wanted until he opened the gates of Hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but everywhere I go online, so is everyone else. So having an internet poll might not be the best way of finding who the people are supporting.

Thx though.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Tricks and trolls may break the polls, but...

Whats interesting about winning the polls, is how they pull it off.

They post links in the RP forums to all the polls. The links they post to the polls run thru an internet anonymizer first. This allows them cast multiple votes while giving the appearance that each vote is cast by seperate individuals.

Smart, but they've been busted.
ronpaulgw.googlepages.com...

You'll notice the AOL poll you posted is on their list.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise! Ron Paul leads another internet poll! The spam bots must be busy!

Let's go ahead and make Ron Paul president of the internet!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Well, I wanted to test this out before replying and I'm glad I did. It doesn't work my friend. Try it yourself - make a vote for your favorite candidate then use the 'anonymizer' to try and vote again.

I think that page is a setup, probably anti-Paul campaigners trying to make him look bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You really can't use a bot for polls like this. They use a code generator that can only be read by a human. Nice try though..

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I did try it. It works.

Just remove the cookie, or clear your cookies, either way it works.

Give it a try.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
They post links in the RP forums to all the polls. The links they post to the polls run thru an internet anonymizer first. This allows them cast multiple votes while giving the appearance that each vote is cast by seperate individuals.

Actually, I looked into this some more and it turns out to only block the referring website id. So, it's not designed to allow multiple voting since it doesn't alter or block your IP address. Blocking referrers only stops the poll organizers from tracking which site you linked from.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Blocking referrers only stops the poll organizers from tracking which site you linked from.

Interesting.

Any idea why they would want to do that just to vote for a poll?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I'm not sure why they would want to do that except to hide the fact there's a page listing all the current polls.

I did just clear my cookies and it will in fact let you vote again, although I didn't use the 'anonymizer'.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I voted in the aol poll for president. The results looked mighty good to me.

Why is it so hard to believe Ron Paul could actually win the presidential race?

He has three very powerful things going in his favor.
1. He seems to be the best candidate
2. He has much money
3. He has the support of the Internet which boasts of over a billion users.

Ron Paul seems to have something else I don't see in people much anymore. He doesn't give a damn if you agree with him or not. He will do as he pleases without fear of being not politically correct. He has guts..intestinal fortitude.

Once every 50 or so years you run into a true statesman. Mr. Paul ,I believe ,is this man America needs to reset our country on a steady course.

Now is not the time to become discouraged.

Long Live the Revolution

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I think that page is a setup, probably anti-Paul campaigners trying to make him look bad.

I thought you might be right. So I looked into it.
Nope, the link to that poll page is posted on their RP forums.

Not only that but looking thru their archive pages there are multiple posts refering people to anonymizers, and free utilities that will clear their cookies for them automatically. They clearly and repeatedly call for spaming the polls.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about.

Or this forum should adopt the use of the free online link anonymizer available here:

www.gulli.com...

You can also use this program to create a macro to clear your cookies and vote.
www.mjtnet.com... (free trial download available)
You then set it and forget it. I noticed on one we did earlier today that it hit the poll several hundred times in about 20 minutes.

www.ronpaulforums.com...

So I'm not buying the anti-paul story yet without some evidence since their own forums and archives show otherwise.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
lol, i'm a techie and the lot of you don't get what an anonymizer is
LMAO at all the comments

anonymizer doesn't do anything for polls

even a chimpanzee can create code to foribid u to vote if you are anonymous as im sure AOL is doing, it's baby work
I made that code when i was a junior programmer LOL

you guys are just pessimisstic

yes an online poll might not mean much because the majority of the net supports ron paul, that's as far as you can go in the "online polls dont work" argument, you cannot use anonymity as an argument

if ur not a techie then forget it and just watch ur pro-israel news channels

GO TO THIS LINK
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Surprise, surprise! Ron Paul leads another internet poll! The spam bots must be busy!

Every time I see a Ron Paul thread you jump in screaming spammers and such. I don't get it, everyone who votes online is a spammer now? Assuming every single poll he wins are achevied by spamming is really not denying ignorance now is it?

People have better things to do with their lives than manipulate meaningless polls. I'm sure there are a few who do participate in such things, but no more than any other candidate's supporters.

Did you ever think that he wins so many online polls because he has a lot of younger supporters that frequent the internet?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Perhaps Ron Paul is tapping into an audience that has been apathetic about the political process in the past. these may be people who did not vote in previous elections and are now unhappy with the direction the see the US going - and want real change, not imaginary blah blah wordy word candidates with the same-ole same-ole political rhetoric. They see a real alternative candidate that they can relate to - not just another Washington lackey or fringe third party candidate. When you look at the number of voters in previous presidential elections, the voter turnout is consistently low... Ron Paul seems to be speaking to those who haven't voted before and are now ready to. Their current outlet is the internet because the internet is a powerful tool to send a strong message. Even IF some supporters are falsifying polls, nobody can deny his supporters are out there in numbers, they are donating money, they are speaking out, they are active. I see more RP yard signs than ALL other candidates combined - and that really means something.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Did you ever think that he wins so many online polls because he has a lot of younger supporters that frequent the internet?

online surveys of age groups would solidify your argument here
and im in that industry so I know

Isn't interesting
Old people support Ron Paul because they remember how America used to be

Young People support Ron Paul because they end up at the end of the corruption stick

and those in between call him a conspiracy theorist
not all in between, but many nonetheless, im talking about ratios here

the fact that so many young people understand politics like this means one of two things

1) The neocons lost with under-education
or
2) What did hitler say? In fascism they will use the people's revolution as their own downfall

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvgraphics
Perhaps Ron Paul is tapping into an audience that has been apathetic about the political process in the past. these may be people who did not vote in previous elections and are now unhappy with the direction the see the US going

That statement right there pretty much sums up how I feel. I have never voted and never really took an interest in politics until the last couple of years. Seeing how this country is going right now, makes me physically ill and I want to try and do all I can to help get change going.

After hearing Ron Paul's message it makes me believe that we can get things changed for the better, of course this could all blow up in our faces but at least we tried and were a part of something bigger than ourselves.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You anti-Paul people tend to mostly be trolls who can't understand how their guy isn't winning. You must understand that not only are internet polls useless, but they all are. So why would I vote more than once? We aren't fanatical, we're intelligent and use the internet, because it is the only place to go for the small amount of unfiltered media we have left in this country.

I truly think the only people against Ron Paul are those whose primary source of "news" is FOX, CNN, ABC, CBS... you get the picture.. Oh and who owns all those??? Romney.

I will vote for Paul, but he won't win. The president has already been decided and banners are being made. But the only reason he won't win is because the majority of us will do just as we are instructed, and vote based on what big names like O'Reilly and Oprah say. It is a sad time in America.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ronmey owns news stations?

can I have a link?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join