It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my U2U's being read by someone other than me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I love all the complaints against ATS in general.
I love all the complaints against ATS Staff.
I love all the complaints against ATS and the hardware they use.

All these complaints, all these problems and what does it cost you to come here... NOTHING....

ATS is free, we are all welcome to come here everday and post, meet people, learn and have fun and it doesn't cost us a nickle.

Thanks S.O. and Staff, I appreciate each and every one of you!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
BTW, I just noticed the new problem -

When I've already read the new message, why does the "U2U!" button still appear?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
somtimes I feel too safe on ths site,Then I realize that everybody on here has a folder.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

That generally happens when the u2u was sent to more than one recipient. After you've read it either save or delete it. Moving it out of your inbox should correct the false "unread".

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
"NO UR WRONG"

And i didn't imply that what that poster sent was 100% true. I have no clue! I can remember alot of times that moderators have been possibly abusive, like in this thread. But i haven't noticed a thing... Can i have my papers back now!?

LOL

ROFLMAO

PWN'ED

PWNT.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's my theory. This happens to me all the time too, and i figure its not ATS administration but the Communist Russians that live on my computer.
I've got plans for them.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Tac' you da' man. Stars cowboy. OK, no stars by design... but

Mira

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Please, please, please, please do not take this in the wrong way. I like ATS, it is free, costs me nothing and I truly enjoy the comraderie and fellowship this site provides. I do not, repeat, do not want to offend ANYONE. I have seen no less than 6 one line responses to this thread. Sometimes I feel like I have a pitbull with a queer eye for my tail on my 'very' occasional one liners I have done. By the way, when typing out, it appears sometimes to be two lines but posts up as one. Please, not accusing, not dissing, not attempting to roast, flambey, or otherwise cause trouble. It just seems to be a double standard. My most humble and otherwise conciliatory question on this matter.
Thank you,
John

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

The thing about one-line warnings is they don't give a flag. If a post received a warn for a one-liner, you would have no way of knowing unless that member told you they received one.

Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Actually, if you're very anal retentive, you could figure it out. If you kept a running tally of everyone's post count and point total, you would be able to deduce when a score was lowered by 20 points.

Now that I've put that out there, someone with OCD will start counting.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

what Duzey said, and...

On 1-liners, a lot of members get the wrong notion on what deserves a warn.

Read what Simon Gray, the Site Owner, has to say on the subject.

We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion.

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. These include rows of smilies, "you're wrong", or other similar short responses.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Twice it is stated that the problem isn't ALL 1-liners, only the ones that add nothing to the discussion. If one member on a thread asks a question of another and they answer that question in one line, then that is not the problem.

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What's the big fuss? I like how networks can work outside of ATS too. u2u's are for things you want read or don't care about. It really isn't a big deal whether some clown or bot reads or parses that stuff anyway. The illusion of privacy is just that, an illusion.

I would LOVE for my u2u's to be read. Every single one. LOL.

Mira

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sigh, no not retentive in the least NGC. Just feel I have been singled out for woodshed time for reasons unbeknowst to me. Or I could just be delusional and paranoid. Your call. I got nothin' against nobody.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It's that canine avatar. Mods are mostly "cat people", and they take it out on the mortal enemies of their beloved best friends.

Actually, I think everybody gets a trip to the woodshed, time to time. Maybe they figure it builds character. (That's what my father thought.) I personally don't find you too uncivil. Less than patient, but not uncivil. And after all these trips to the woodshed, you seem not to be broken in spirit.

OK, now a group hug.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
ROFL, I always have had a problem with authority. Especially when I thought "Santa, he knows when you've been naughty or nice, and checks his list twice" was an appropriate response to a thread that went "who is the highest in charge here, even mighty than god". It was Christmas day, it was tongue in cheek, it got a few laughs. A twenty pointer led me to a 10020 pntr. I had blew my ankle out and had not slept for 36 hrs. I take full responsibility, I got a bit testy. But I just thought the penalty was a bit overboard. Not blaming anyone but myself. Lesson learned.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's the Reptillians

They're everywhere...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join