It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my U2U's being read by someone other than me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Sun

I remember I used to get insulted/frustrated by attacks on the staff of ATS. I think I've now crossed over from that side of things to a new view. I think you are absolutely hysterical.

I'm just so tired of reading things like this when all someone wanted to know was what was up with his u2us. Immediately someone comes in with stupidity like this.

We've gone from nazis who censor members to murderers! Fantastic!

At this point I'm not even taking any of this seriously anymore.

The topic here is a possible glitch in the u2u system. No staff member other than SO has a clue as to the answer and he has given his answer.

Please try to stay on topic...

Blacksun, thanks for the comic relief but it's out of place.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Djarums

Immediately someone comes in with stupidity like this.

Calling the OP stupid ?

T&C violation, yes ?

At this point I'm not even taking any of this seriously anymore.

Saying the OP is not worthy of
seriousness ?

I find it interesting that Mods are coming
here and to a "T" saying this is a "glitch".

Pondering,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No matter what we say, no matter what S.O. comes and says, we staff will be wrong and there is a conspiracy...

Why do we even bother sometimes...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Pity you refused to read...

I called blacksun's post stupidity. Not the u2u glitch question.

Great reading comp though!

It'll be interesting to see how people react when the staff finally stops entertaining these ridiculous baseless attacks on our integrity.

Learn how to read the "reply to" bit on top of the post. Then you will see who I'm talking about.

If you need other help understanding our features, do send me a u2u.

[edit on 12/23/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have noticed this happening to my u2u's as well. I'm as paranoid as the next conspiracy nutjob, but I really don't care if some one snoops and I can also believe this is just a glitch, but either way I don't know or care. I'm very opinionated, and it's sometimes difficult to shut me up!!

As for the Mods, I was a game server Mod for a Call of Duty sever that was in the top 50 rankings when a couple million people a day were playing this multi player game, I spent more time policing and helping players than playing the game, being a Mod really was more of a burden than what it was worth. I lived threw the attacks I was accused of being a racist, sexist, a cheat!! [we banned all cheaters] and so on and so on....So guys/girls[Mods] this Buds for U
and BTW Better U than Me!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I'm glad to see someone who understands what goes on here.

Look at the above... Someone accused the mods of possibly murdering members and I called it hysterical and stupid because it is beyond even the most "out there" viewpoint for anyone to even wish to take it seriously... and then I get called out for violating something or other.

At this point it's a matter of "can't win". If we ignore questions and complaints we are "covering something up". If we answer questions and complaints we are "being overly defensive". If we grow weary of personal attacks, to the point where someone is saying we murder our members, we're violating the T&C.

My point about it being laughable is that I for one will no longer entertain the accusations. I'm going to do my job moderating ATS and if that makes people not like me personally, or think I'm a hideous u2u reading, member murdering, nazi censor, whatever... so be it. What can we do anymore?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I`m sure this has happened to me as well.

Though if memory serves correct,it happened to a mass u2u I received.So why would staff CIA FBI hacker etc want to read that?

Not that I would care if anyone read any of my u2u`s,but its obviously a glitch for mine.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
I find it interesting that Mods are coming
here and to a "T" saying this is a "glitch".

Why?

It is a code glitch. What would make you think otherwise?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We live in matrix...........I just saw a cat passed by.........didn't you?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Hey! Someone took a bite out of my slice of cheesecake!!!

**loam looks suspiciously at Djarums

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I too have had this happen, but considering that I already know that there is an evil spirit following me from computer to computer, making my spelling garbled, forcing me to edit links 4 or 5 times to get them to work, and a host of other things, I thought it was just me.

As for SO reading your, or my, posts, I doubt it. He once went to the trouble of multiple U2Us to me to get my e-mail address for some ATS premium articles, which he could have gotten with some work from my sign up data. Either he was just to lazy to use his NSA built super computer to pull my files, or it really is a lot of bother for even him to root around and find such things.

Besides, all I ever do in U2Us is discuss the the secrets of atomic materials, plot the takeover of the world with my NWO buddies (yes, they're here too), and send out to the moon for fresh H20 when the smog gets bad. Nothing worth hiding.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It is a code glitch. What would make you think otherwise?

Because it hasn't been found and fixed ?

Bill,
With all the resources at your
disposal, there remains this
"glitch" ?

Maybe I do see ghosts in the
machine.

Maybe I see the ghosts behind
the machine.

Was it in Wizard of Oz that the guy
said "Nevermind the person behind
the curtain" ?

Still, I remain

Skeptical,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Bill,
With all the resources at your
disposal, there remains this
"glitch" ?

Lex-
ion
Of what resources do you speak? All I'm aware of are
me,
myself,
and I.

the machine.

Really? Are they good at PHP? I could use the help.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Honestly, I am not worried if someone is reading my u2us. I don't think it's worth it, and why waste time?

I have no secret and nothing to hide in my u2us. Since I am divorced, I'm not worried if someone reads my flirtatious messages to some female ATS members

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This may be slightly off topic, I haven't read ALL the replies - but it says I have 3 U2U's and yet I can only see 2. And when it says I have 4, I can only see 3. Can anyone offer any advice as to what's up with that?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Bill,

I do appreciate sarcasm.

PHP ? You never asked.

As far as the "glitch",
I've seen no explaination
offered.

How are you, Bill ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Maybe I do see ghosts in the
machine.

the machine.

It's Hana Gitelman, I tell you. She did it!

Anyway, since we're on the topic of U2U glitches, does anyone else have this bug where the text in the U2U title replies gets truncated after the apostrophe (') sign? For example lets say I send a U2U titled "Don't open this". When I get a reply, it's titled "Re: Don". Or if a U2U is sent with the title "What's up?" the reply will be titled "Re:What".

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I could care less too! It's not my web page and it's free to post on. I have lots of fun and laughs. Ive learned alot here on all the threads and have seen alot of wild debates that are entertaining. It beats watching the dreadful news. But hey what can you say? This is a conspiracy board is it not?

Sometimes I go to BTS just to get away from it all. Alot of conspirators in there too!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What, you didn't know about the ATS gnomes? They come out when you leave, and leave little presents all over the place. What's more, when you come back, everyone's complaining because of these little gifts that they've bestowed upon us.

Ok, anyway, back to topic.

Lexion,

Imagine, if you will, being SO for a minute. You get a message that a "glitch" is occurring on the site, and it's your duty to find and fix it. Problem is, you're in the process of expanding a website, branching into God only knows how many different mediums, and html and php code so long that it could wrap itself around the planet 14 times.

What I'm getting at is, do you think that he seriously has time to manage all of those things, and fix one small bug that doesn't affect the usability of the site? The poor guy's swamped, and he can't afford to spend time wandering around looking for that bug at the moment.

Hopefully, someone with experience in PHP will come forward, and offer to help rewrite some of the more buggy bits, because we all know that code needs updated every once in a while.

Just thought this merited a little more of an explanation.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I know what you did last summer DFB. I know what you like for breakfast muaaahhhhaaaa. LOL. I get same thing occasionally. They need to 'upgrade'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join