It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my U2U's being read by someone other than me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I find myself going to my U2U box more than ever with new messages. I've been noticing that sometimes when I click that red box that only some of my messages are highlighted, while others are not. I've actually skipped a few because they weren't highlighted, though I've never read them.

Is somebody reading my messages, or is this some glitch in the system? If it' snot a glitch, you can count on me leaving.

Anybody else notice this or have this problem?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good catch.

I'll not make any accusations,
but who on this site would
have that ability ?

Hmmmmm....

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Anybody else notice this or have this problem?

It's happened to me occasionally.

It's like the opposite of the messages that always show as unread with the U2U button staying lit-up.

The U2U system can be very quirky at times.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I think it's a glitch. Happened enough times to me, but I'm not paranoid enough to think otherwise

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Exactly. The initial U2U stays up, but as you got to access it, there's letters in their that haven't been read and aren't highlighted either.

Strange.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

It's not even that I'm paranoid, more of a respect issue, rather. My opinions about subjects don't stray from forum to a personalized setting. Everything I say, I say openly. I have more of an issue with someone with the ability to be nosy and read my # while I'm not on.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, now that other people have reported the same thing, I'm fairly certain it's a glitch. I doubt SO comes in and randomly reads people's U2Us (he's the only one with the ability to do so).

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The only person that could read your inbox is SO and he wouldn't be using your membercenter. It's just a glitch in the matrix.

btw- Are you trading nuclear secrets with the u2u function? lol

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It happens to me from time to time too. You log in and the new message has the change indicating that the message was already looked at. Its a glitch in the system and Ive been here since 04 and its occured all through that time frame for me at least.

The other one is when you delete new messages and the u2u box stays lit even thought there are no new ones.

Odd but it happens.

Fred

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

China PAYS OUUUUUUUUUUUT. Iran offered me a Bentley on 24's, but China gave me my own airline.

Ballin.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Cool, thanks FredT. It's been happening over the past 2 or 3 months with me. I ignored it for awhile, but better safe than sorry. I'm not pissed now that I know that all of us peons are getting the same treatment. Haha..

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Aside from SO, who only has access and uses it in EXTREME measures, the only ones that can read a sent u2u are the receiver and the sender(your outbox). I think this happens when someone sends a u2u and then checks it for some reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Good catch.

I'll not make any accusations,
but who on this site would
have that ability ?

Hmmmmm....

Regards,
Lex

Are you playing the "Jump to Conclusions" home game or something?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm gonna try that theory out.

DFB, prepare to receive a test U2U from me. Give me 5 minutes to 'check' it in the outbox. Or until I edit this post and say I've checked it.

Edit: okay, checked three or four times.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's a glitch in our legacy code... if the sender views the U2U message in their outbox, both your version and their version gets flagged as being read.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Nope...

Still highlighted.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Reply to DeadFlagBlues

OR it could be someone else has got access to your username and pass?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

...and you start a thread about it? Schmuck, I deserve some of the credit for this one... Right or wrong?

Anyway, it happens. The light is lit, then, the u2u itself is not highlighted, once and awhile, I've gotten this... and as how DeadFlagBlues and I have discussed behind the scenes -- I suspect NSA intrusion or mods out playing house gestapos...

...on the edit, glanced over Intrepid's post accidentally, so, the haus gestapo is either SO or the NSA.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I've taken steps to make sure that wasn't it. I know for a fact that it's not. I keep my stalkers on their toes. Ha..

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

...I understand it 'refreshing' itself, well, not refreshing itself, all you have to do is look a couple of times at any of your u2u and it (as in, the red area at the top, goes away) -- what we're asking about is the fact that the u2u itself is sometimes highlighted and other times, not... ???

It's a pain in the neck to describe, so, a new-new message, the area is lit up after being dormant -- then, you look, and the message itself is not lit -- does that make sense? Typing this out is harder to explain then speaking...

[edit on 23-12-2007 by anhinga]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join