It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The serpent was not a snake. It was a....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
From my interpretation, After The serpent tricked eve, God cast him down to his belly for eternity. Now, if a serpent used to stand, (not be on his belly) would he not resemble what some assert to be reptilian?

AAC

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

Great post! You said pretty well everything I was about to say. Guess I can put my feet up now
Do you have an hourly rate perchance?? I could use a good
ghost writer occasionally..

J.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I agree that the Serpent had limbs before the curse.

"Upon your belly you shall go. Dust is what you will eat all the days of your life."

This statement plainly says that the Serpent was upright before it was cursed. People always assume that the snake was in the Tree of Knowledge and God just put it back on the ground when he cursed it. That's not a curse, that would be just a relocation.

The account in Revelation, about the Original Serpent, is reflecting upon the debasement of the Serpent, who Satan used as his mouth piece.

The Python still has remnants of limbs near its hind quarters. They appear as spurs on the surface. Some even look like bird talons. I would guess that the serpent was a flying creature, where the upper limbs were wings and the lower limbs were legs. Maybe the Sepent could talk like a parot before the curse.

Python vertebrae

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
From my interpretation, After The serpent tricked eve, God cast him down to his belly for eternity. Now, if a serpent used to stand, (not be on his belly) would he not resemble what some assert to be reptilian?

AAC

It's called symbolism. Think about Satan's pride... Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literally.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Errmm...actually, the Old Testament and the New Testament are in fact two completely different books - slapped together for Christian consumption. Fact. If you don't know this - then I would suggest YOU should perhaps do a little more research.

And yes - Revelation IS basically the incoherent blabberings of a religious lunatic. Again - well known. Try reading 'Pagans & Christians' by Robin Lane Fox Here's a link for you:

www.amazon.com...

Do yourself a big favour and read it. Fox is a respected scholar on the subject, and all of his observations are evidence-based.

The Unicorn-Rhino story is also correct by the way.

Please do the research.

J.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lostinspace is closest to the (my) viewpoint....

the 'Serpent' was contrived/decided upon because
the skeletal remains of a human has a spinal-cord

and that series of bones can be symbolized as serpentine
and all sorts of folklore, superstition, and eventually religion

can create all sorts of mind games played out on the unsuspecting
populace.

the root of the serpent myth... including the demons & serpents 'within' us
is easily explained... there ain't no metaphysical or supernatural aura
of religion about it. the elites of the era fed this anology/symbolism to the under educated masses
~& lots of us are still buying the clap-trap they peddle~

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Care to supply your take on the alleged symbolism? Btw, I never said I endorse the words as the bible as face value. I was just providing an idea on what a serpent was prior to it being cast down to its belly.

AAC

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Care to supply your take on the alleged symbolism?

No, thanks...I don't really feel the need to do that.
I just thought I'd put it out there to encourage some thought, and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I do not think anything productive is going to come out of arguing whether Genesis and Revelations are part of the same book. To many devout Christians, it is as a matter of faith, absolutely true that Revelations and Genesis had the same author (God) and are two parts of a single book (the Bible) made by God to serve as a guide to what is true. The devout believer will not be persuaded by the scholar. The devout believer believes that he knows his beliefs are absolutely true, while the scholar can only theorize as to what *might* be true.

A scholar on the other hand is not persuaded by others' faith. The scholar bases his conclusions of what is true based on evidence and analysis of the evidence. According to the scholar, Genesis was a book that was finally redacted 2400 years ago and contains stories that may date back to the beginning of civilization. It was written by Hebrews and influenced by Mesopotamians, Persians, and Egyptians. Revelations, at its earliest, is 2000 years old. Revelations has less of a Hebrew influence and more of a Helenistic influence than Genesis.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Errmm...actually, the Old Testament and the New Testament are in fact two completely different books - slapped together for Christian consumption. Fact. If you don't know this - then I would suggest YOU should perhaps do a little more research.

J.

Oh I'm quite sure you underestimate queenanne and overestimate your own assumptions of John "the Mad Man" concluding unequivocally he was hallucinating is a rather presumptuous speculation.

There are 66 books that make up one Bible, the Old testament predicts that which the new testament makes patent. The old testament is the start of a book that couldn't be completed for the very reason it was written to predict those that upon the arrival of there existence would fulfill prophesy introducing those biblical personalities in the new testament.

Revelation IS basically the incoherent blabbering of a religious lunatic. Again - well known

Well known? Perhaps it is well known among those that fancy the infallible fables of evolution or Atheism's darwinian dogmatism ala dawkins but it's the first Ive heard of it.

Please do the research.

I figure anyone that can call the book a revelation the blabberings of a religious lunatic regardless of his religious convictions or lack of them, is a pretty good indicator that your book review of FOX is just as likely the opinion of someone I would simply disagree with the same as I do your assertion John was a lunatic.

- Con

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What if the Serpent is a "Dragon"? And the "Dragon" is what people around here call "Reptilians" these days? That would be pretty interesting if you ask me.

The who St. George the Dragon Slayer takes on a whole new meaning if he is fighting "Reptilians", do you think?

I am not all Reptilian'ed out mind you, but the Dragon Myth as a cover combined with Royalty/Elitism has as a control mechanism after their conquest of humans and/or genetic engineering of humans is the only way I can wrap my head around the whole thing. That our reptile masters created such a taboo back in the day that we forgot about it. And the Dragon myths/Dragon Kings all over the world is the 'sanitized' version of their control.

I know its a long shot.
DocMoreau

PS... I found some interesting articles in the past, that I cannot go into great detail here out of respect for ATS TOS, but there are claims that the plant Cannabis Sativa was the original "Forbidden Fruit." Also among certain ancient peoples, it is told that 'that' plant was given to them by people from the stars.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

These fantasy parts of the bible are not literal, the snake didn't talk, just like there is no Doctor Doolittle who talks to animals.

Why do people persist to believe pure fantasy?

What a fantasized bunch of bias.

The 100's of fulfilled prophecies . . . and the dozens of more partially fulfilled in our era and on the brink of further fulfillment

are quite sufficient

to verify God's supernatural origin of the 66 cohesive books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

The dozens of prophecies about Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection and ministry alone are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond the remotest probability of occurring by chance.

I guess you don't believe that

1. The computer chip ID implant without which the global government will not allow anyone to buy or sell--just as Revelation predicted . . . is on the brink of being implemented. One could get an implant from a van parked outside a recent Dolphin's game . . . at which significant advertising was done for it.

2. That the NORTHAM region of the world government is well along . . . one of 10 . . . just as Biblically predicted for the END TIMES . . . and that the border BS is just incredible . . . that the dollar is being crashed to set-up implementation of the Amero . . .

3. That the Nephilium/Watchers/Fallen Angels/ ET's are in cahoots with the globalists toward setting up THE GREAT DECEPTION and the world government just as hinted at/predicted in Scripture . . .

4. That Israel became a nation again in a day in 1948 precisely as predicted in Scripture and a long list of prophetic bench-marks building up to the END TIMES scenarios have followed accordingly.

5. That the "signs in the heavens" have multiplied in number, drama and intensity in these END TIMES just as Biblically predicted.

6. That lawlessness has increased just as predicted--particularly lawlessness and evil in high places.

7. That good has come to be called evil and evil called good just as predicted.

8. That Soddom and Gomorrah revisited has become the norm just as Biblically predicted . . . along with "as in the days of Noah . . . "

9. That knowledge has bee multiplied and spread over the planet just as Biblically predicted.

10. That rapid travel over the planet has occurred ALSO IN THE SAME END TIMES ERA just as Biblically predicted.

11. That persecution of Christians has again become official governmental policy increasingly around the planet just as Biblically predicted for this same End Times era.

12. That Jerusalem has become a weight around the neck of the whole world IN THIS END TIMES ERA just as Biblically predicted.

. . .

the list could go on . . .

The wise notice and pay attention.

Others will not believe regardless of how long the list is.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i always presumed the snake represented the male genitalia and the fruit the womans, the temptation was sex its why mary had the immaculate conception she didnt do as adam and eve so was blessed by god, or maybe im just a perv

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it."

This was God's commandment for humans to procreate. It was said before Adam and Eve sinned. Sex was not the original sin. The sin was the act of eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and bad, which was strickly forbidden. Something happened in their minds when they ate from the fruit. Knowledge was downloaded into their brains and one by product of that knowledge was that nudity was a shame.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

thanks for the answer as i know jack about the bible, but if their sin was eating from the fruit of knowledge does that make the acquisition of knowledge sinful, would it be better if humanity played dumb and just followed the rules, be , live and act simple, it doesnt sound like an all powerful , all knowing god to me who would feel threatened by humanity no matter how clever, yet for human leaders its ideal, the less questions the less problems. the more i ponder religion the more it has me in absolute stitches, how the hell do people believe it

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Serpent: Nahash and Dragon: Tannim are used interchangeably in the book of Exodus.

Even Dragon's root word Drakon, means a big serpent, like Ladon the Drakon from Greek myth that guarded the Tree of Golden Apples in the Garden of Hesperides.

[edit on 30/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Right on agent violet. I agree with you, I think that it was not simply an intelligent snake with arms and legs, but rather its' natural form being closer to that of a dragon, complete with wings. Wings are important, they symbolize the divinity like the angels wings, except they look 'ugly' in comparison with reptilian features and skin.

+1 star, y0h

[edit on 12/30/2007 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join