It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Prepares Vast Database Of Biometrics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

FBI Prepares Vast Database Of Biometrics

www.washingtonpost.com

The FBI is embarking on a $1 billion effort to build the world's largest computer database of peoples' physical characteristics, a project that would give the government unprecedented abilities to identify individuals in the United States and abroad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
another baby step closer.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ah wonderful. More wasted tax dollars. Biometric identification is so unreliable it will still take a human to approve matches, and even then they won't always be right. This part is most concerning though:

More than 55 percent of the search requests now are made for background checks on civilians in sensitive positions in the federal government, and jobs that involve children and the elderly, Bush said. Currently those prints are destroyed or returned when the checks are completed. But the FBI is planning a "rap-back" service, under which employers could ask the FBI to keep employees' fingerprints in the database, subject to state privacy laws, so that if that employees are ever arrested or charged with a crime, the employers would be notified.

The prints are destroyed for a reason. Privacy. And since when is it any of my boss's business if I get arrested? I already refuse to work for or patronage any company that mandates drug testing. Unless the employee is stoned on the job, it's none of their damn business. I guess this will make for one more invasion of our civil rights that I'll have to boycott, and I encourage others to do the same. Speak with your wallet, because your voice is too easily ignored.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
yeah, i just saw this in the news and was going to add it if no one already had. it's kind of sick, the lengths they are going to for "national security"

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
what they want is a computer generated model of your body. full 360. it's like scanning your face all around and keeping it on file so they can view the computer model at all times.

there's a problem with this, hackers can get into their files and manipulate the computer generated model of your face.

think of that game sims..where you make your own character's facial features and design the player. this is what they want. to have your face in complete CGI form.

new topics

top topics

join