It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your christmas tradition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
do you go visit friends/relatives or do they come to you?
is it local travel or do you hop the plane?
what about food? do you have a 'special' christmas dinner with certain dishes?
do you cook it or does someone else?

anyone circle jerk around the tree and sing christmas carols?
do you get dressed up in your nice slacks and sweater? what about church?
-------------------

our tradition is go to my mother and father in laws around noon to do a gift exchange(which i hate) and to have christmas dinner(lunch)....
i always get a honey baked ham. cost me $47 this year and i had a $7 off coupon.
i roll up in my jeans and zappa shirt...no church for me. other than that trip, i come right back home...not too big on visiting every relative thats around...

you?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

The only real tradition my family has anymore is to watch a new movie on Xmas eve. We used to pack up and head 200 miles north west to my grandparents, but now that us kids are..well not kids anymore we just like to get together and hangout as a family.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I stay home.

Alone.

Pretty simple.

Wife makes her family rounds.

Humbug,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Lex's tradition is to be a grumpy old fart.Period.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
AD,

You finally accept that I'm old.

Thank you.

I can now club Santa like a baby
seal, with a smile on my face.

Humbug,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Correction..I never said Grumpy old man..I said Grumpy old Fart.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The wife is usually up first around 6-7 am... she will mill around the house, making just enough noise to wake me, but not enough to make me mad...

Once I'm up, usually around 7-8am, we go into the living room and put on Christmas music and open our gifts.

We head over to her parents house around 11-12, and have dinner and then we open gifts there around 3 or so. We stay until 6-7pm

Once we're home it's a movie or just hanging out with each other.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Only tradition I've kept to, despite my lack of faith, is attending the Christmas Eve watchnight service at 11.30pm at the local church ... it's a nice way to see in Christmas Day. Tell a lie, the other tradition is to watch The Queen's broadcast at 3pm on tv ... after which the feasting begins.

My family's scattered all over the globe ... so it's just going to be phone calls all round for me. That and cooking 2 turkeys, a great big fat roast beef joint & all the trimmings for my friends & neighbours who are coming round.

No formality, just arrive when you want and graze to your hearts content. And I've got a great little 12 y/o malt that's going to be opened ... everyone welcome

new topics

top topics

join