It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Analyst Says Evidence Abounds for Impeachment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Former CIA Analyst Says Evidence Abounds for Impeachment

www.commondreams.org

The evidence for impeachment of the president and vice president is overwhelming, former CIA analyst and daily presidential briefer Ray McGovern told a room full of people at the Portsmouth Public Library Monday night.

McGovern, who provided daily briefings for former presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush as well as other high ranking officials during his 27 year CIA career, said he has witnessed a “prostitution of his profession” as the Bush administration lied to the American people about the evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

“Don’t let anyone tell you the President was deceived by false intelligence … they knew,” McGovern said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm glad someone has the 'oomph' to stand up and say something officialy at long last.

It's taken long enough, but perhaps it is now too late. The next move would be to have Bush, Cheney and co. and Blair and his loonies all arrested and charged with war crimes, terrorism and crimes against humanity.

Regardless of their position, they are guilty and should be held accountable.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

I assume this post is in reaction to your "fine president" allowing the NSA free reign to monitor personal communications in the US. But I don't think that this kind of suck-up parody will convince them: they're not that easily taken in, and you're still more than likely haul you off to the local FEMA camp when the time comes.

[typo]

[edit on 23-12-2007 by gottago]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good find Extralien!

Coming from some who worked for US intelligence,you would hope people take interest.I mean,this kind of subject should be being looked at on a bigger scale IMHO.
And to have someone who deals with analysing intelligence saying this should speak louder than say,another democrat or the like.

apc

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe the impeachment of Clinton was a bit of planning-ahead.

I mean nobody in their right mind is going to impeach two presidents in a row. The Bush Administration is going to finish their term assured that as long as the waters are deep enough, their butts are safe. An impeachment would remind everyone of Clinton's, and right before Hillary takes office would be a very bad time for such attention.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Anybody with eyes to see knows that BushCo are a bunch of criminals who belong in prison, just like the Clintons. It seems that the PTB don’t even care about keeping up appearances anymore. They do whatever the hell they want and just ignore the minority with the spine and intelligence to point out their evil. If you get too pesky they just destroy you in plain sight of God and everybody, and have a good laugh at how the general public believe whatever they’re told, instead of what their lying eyes tell them. Their megalomaniacal behavior is starting to wake people up to the complicity among the republicRAT party however, which has me concerned that the final jack boot is going to drop soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
APC and Resistor-

Those two comments are right on the button.

APC,very valid "pre planning" theory indeed.This could well be the case IMHO too.

And Resistor,you are correct as well- as far as I can see these "leaders" would do anything and everything to push their agenda of control and oppression.
The use of the word "democracy" has been subverted by corrupt governments since the dawn of civilization...why are we supposed to believe its any different today?

The evidence of corruption and law breaking is pretty hard to keep under wraps at this stage of the game.

"The truth will out"

as we say in blighty..

Regards,SS

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Extralien:
It's taken long enough, but perhaps it is now too late.

Speaker Pelosi has repeatedly stated (including on Nov 8th immediately after the Demo sweep), that; Impeachment is off the table. She said the Democratic House needed to focus on ending the war in Iraq. See; Iraq War funding, ie...The Surge.

apc:
The Bush Administration is going to finish their term assured that as long as the waters are deep enough, their butts are safe.

Nice metaphor apc. The gigantic Guarani fresh water aquifer sits under four SA countries. This includes the Bush family's 40 mil hectáreas ranch in Chaco, Paraguay

WARNING: this video contains graphic displays of Common Sense.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Extralien:

If this president and company are impeachable, then all Presidents and their cabinets in history were as well...

You've got to get over your hatred of the man and realize he's protected us from more terrorist attacks since 9/11...even though that information needs to be classified, kudos go out to the man. He's a good man, if you knew him.

Merry Christmas...(if you have a family, they are still alive today thanks to our current President....believe it or not!)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiamStemrad
Extralien:

If this president and company are impeachable, then all Presidents and their cabinets in history were as well...

You've got to get over your hatred of the man and realize he's protected us from more terrorist attacks since 9/11...even though that information needs to be classified, kudos go out to the man. He's a good man, if you knew him.

Merry Christmas...(if you have a family, they are still alive today thanks to our current President....believe it or not!)

That's the stupidest post I've ever encountered in my ATS days.

You are truly deluded. Your turkey is smarter than you.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Resistor:

You hate Bush. Got the message. Now get over it. He's a good man...if you only knew.

To compare him with the true criminals, the Klintons, is comparing apples and oranges.

George Bush has kept you and your family ALIVE since 9/11...and this is how you re-pay him? To crap all over him, basing your information on left wing blogosphere sites?

Think for yourself...and George Bush DOES love you and hopes you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

Now...are you still breathing? Good! Thanks, Mr. President!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately many people both offical and not, have said this since 2003 and it really has not been heard or accepted by the vast majority. I have found that outside of the shrinking number true believers who support blindly this criminal administration, the general reaction is one of I don't want to know, ear plugging change of subject. They just don't want to know how far astray this country has been led.

Impeachment at this late date is probably unrealistic but criminal proscution afterward is the best bet.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Paul-

The "stupidest post I've ever encountered"....???

If true, then you really need to get out more often!

You're obviously another Bush-hater, freedom-hater, "go-along-with-the-hate USA-crowd" type walking cliche.

Grow up, sir/madame...

And yes, my Turkey is quite intelligent, thank you vey much.

You probably don't eat meat, do you?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Rover-

George Bush is a criminal?

Show me your evidence....oops, that's right. The facts just keep getting in the way, don't they? There IS no evidence...because he's not. He's a kind, gentle man who wants the best for you and your family.

By the way...are you still breathing? Yes? Thanks, Mr. President!

Kept us safe since 9/11.....

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Rover-

Show me your evidence....oops, that's right. The facts just keep getting in the way, don't they? There IS no evidence...because he's not. He's a kind, gentle man who wants the best for you and your family.

PLEASE tell me you were being sarcastic...it would be too disgustingly appalling if you are serious..Bush a ' kind and gentle man'..are you kidding me? Either you have absoluitely no ability to discern material reality or you are for some reason a partisan politically..NO intelligent and rational human being with any knowledge of the crimes of the Bush cabal could possible think that he and his gang are decent people: They are not. They are murderers, liars and traitors. Only a crooked and corrupt Congress and media keeps both Bush and Cheney from swining from a rope after a trial, preferably in the Hague.

There is MASSIVE evidence of cover ups, lies, insider deals, and outright criminality in the Bush cabal: Only someone living in a dream world could imagine that these are decent human beings: They are bad men, the worst. If I listed the HUNDREDS of crimes that can be laid at Bush's doorstep, you would ignore them and keep singing the first grade ' Love you Mr. Pres ' foolishness. It almost literally sickens me to think that people could really believe the kind of awful tripe in that post..God I hope you were kidding..

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Now...are you still breathing? Good! Thanks, Mr. President!

Not wanting to get involved in the specifics of this debate of whether Bush should be impeached or not. I have one related question:

What do you think the probabilities actually are that, if Gore had been elected president, I would NOT be breathing right now?

Do you think it is as low as 1%? Could it be 50% or higher?

It is a serious question. A single significant event in history, like the election of a particular USA President, casts ripples far down the river of time (or so I understand from the movie, Jurassic Park.)

Please comment, Liam -- you made several references in your posts stating that I owe my life to the election of George Bush. I would like to know more, thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Rover-

You Sir , I suspect, are everything wrong with Western politics right now. If the Republican party suddenly turned around and declared Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as their nomination for the election, you'd also claim that he's a kind, gentle man who wants the best........etc.

There's a big different between what Bush, and politicians of his ilk, say they represent and what they actually do. That doesn't just apply to Bush, it applies to the whole class of professional politicians we have in power around the world at the moment.

Loyalty is admirable, but blind loyalty is plain stupid. As long as you are prepared to vote without any sort objective thinking, without any questioning of what you are told, then it's a green light for people like Bush and his ilk to line their own pockets.

For the record, I'm from the UK, and don't really have any political preference towards the democrats or republicans. But I do think, along with Tony Blair, Bush is an example of the modern professional politician at their worst.

As for the impeachment issue over there in the states, do you guys not think the horse has already bolted?

Anyway, regardless of politics, have a great Xmas and new year over there in the US.

Merry Xmas,

Tim.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by ChunkyBarcode]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Paul-

The "stupidest post I've ever encountered"....???

If true, then you really need to get out more often!

You're obviously another Bush-hater, freedom-hater, "go-along-with-the-hate USA-crowd" type walking cliche.

Grow up, sir/madame...

And yes, my Turkey is quite intelligent, thank you vey much.

You probably don't eat meat, do you?

Yes I love my meat thank you and I've got a great life.
I don't hate America quite the opposite actually. If you think Bush is a good man then you must be using drugs or drinking to much moonshine.

Merry Christmas Redneck and a happy new year.
nicedeb.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

And you know the President? Yeah, he's a good man, sure.

It's sad how some Americans still have faith in the political parties that lie to them... they honestly believe we are still fighting terrorists in Iraq and not simply killing Iraqi patriots. They think we are actually in a holy war and that terrorism is a real threat lurking around every corner. Bah. It's all lies and we are protected from nothing. Our national security is a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join