It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Time Elijah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I thought i would start this thread because alot of people are looking for the signs of the times. And one of those signs is the coming of the end time Elijah as a prophet.

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the
great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of
the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their
fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse” (Malachi 4:5-
6).

This prophecy is one that focuses on an event that scholars and
religious teachers have long debated concerning the coming of a
Messiah. Some were so confused in the time of Jesus that they
wondered if He might not be that Elijah spoken of in scripture. But
this prophecy in the Book of Malachi speaks of someone who was
to come to this earth in the spirit of Elijah, not the actual resurrected
Elijah, before the great and dreadful day of the LORD—at the endtime.

Other than the actual Elijah, who was one of God’s prophets,
scripture reveals two that would come in the spirit of Elijah. One
would come at the end-time. People confuse these scriptures and
therefore miss their deep meaning and application.
Jesus Christ made it clear that the first one to come in the spirit
of Elijah was John the Baptist.
“And His disciples asked Him, saying, Why then say the scribes
that Elias [Elijah] must come first? And Jesus answered and said
unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But
I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not,
but have done unto him whatsoever they desired [Jesus explained
that they did not recognize that John the Baptist was an Elijah to
come. John was even put in prison and later killed.]. Likewise shall
also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood
that He spoke unto them of John the Baptist” (Matthew 17:10-13).
Even the scribes in the time of Christ understood there were
prophetic scriptures that spoke of an Elijah to come, before the
Messiah would come. But no one understood the duality of
prophecy in the scriptures or the purpose of the Messiah coming
twice.
It is really quite simple because John was to pave the way for the
first-coming of Jesus Christ—doing so in the spirit and power of
Elijah. But the prophecy is dual—another person was to come in the
spirit and power of Elijah, to prepare the way for the secondcoming
of Jesus Christ.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by TruthSeekers]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What amazes me more than many people looking for signs... is the amount of people who don't see them. Or maybe it's that they don't want to. Unless you're a person of faith it's all "doom and gloom" and not worthy of attention or thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yes, but he comes in the middle of the tribulation period..so at least for Christians who believe in the rapture..they won't see them a whole thread on the two witness which includes Elijah can be found in recent post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I tend to see a lot of people leaning on their own understanding when it comes to deciphering prophecy. What's important to remember are the words spoken of at Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." What will happen will happen in Father's timing and most likely not at all in the ways that people attempt to interpret in prophecy. Just open your hearts, walk in Christ's footsteps and be ready - no matter when it occurs.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Very Well said ReginaAdonna/

What will happen will happen in Father's timing and most likely not at all in the ways that people attempt to interpret in prophecy. Just open your hearts, walk in Christ's footsteps and be ready - no matter when it occurs.

Deciphering prophecy, especially 'Revelation' and Prophetic Scriptures should never be attempted because of deception.

Let no one deceive you by any means, for that day shall not come except there come a falling away............And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness (2 Thess. 2:3-4/ 9-12)
'shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect (Matt. 24:24)

Ones own opinion may count in certain matters, but the Word of God can not, be an opinion, it must be the Truth!
Miracles will greatly increase....as it will draw people to see the wonders in the sky.....the main area in which Satan works his miracles(prince of the air(Eph 2:2)

"Many will say to Me in that day,
Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name?
and in Thy name have cast out devils?
and in Thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity" (Matt. 7:22-23).

Ones own interpretation of Scripture, can be ones own downfall.

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast,
and hold the traditions which ye have been taught,
whether by word,
or our epistle" (2 Thess. 2:15).
"There be some that trouble you,
and would pervert the Gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven,
preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be anathema.
As we said before, so say I now again: If any preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received,
let him be anathema" (Gal. 1:8-9).

Writing of the Church Fathers(1st 800 years)

Spiritual Deception is likely when one strays from the true teachings of Jesus Christ(Christians)
Jesus Christ Himself selected and taught the Apostles (as it was done in the Old Testament...priesthood)They in turn selected others as their successors through annointing (Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day on" (I Sam. 16:13; cf. I Sam. 10:6, 10-13).
Traditions of the Church is very important, whether by Word or Scripture...

Second coming of Christ?

"Take heed to yourselves,
lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing,
drunkenness, and cares of this life,
and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth" (Lk. 21:34-36).
As we do not know the exact date and time....we should always be ready for physical death!
Suffering of all people, at the time of the Antichrists rule on earth?

for their sake this time will be shortened (Mat. 24:21-22)

Some shall die before hand because of the suffering and sorrows/but we are told to ''lift your heads up, for the end is drawing near” (Lk. 21:28)

"For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west;
so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
" Prior to this, the "sign of the Son of Man will appear in Heaven,"
and having seen it,
"all the peoples of the world will mourn" (Mt. 24:30)

"Then they will see the Son of Man, coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, and all His angels with Him … Then He will sit on the throne of His glory…" (Mt. 24:30, 25:31, Mk. 13:26).

Christ came to give His soul for the salvation of many; then He will come to judge the world and recompense everyone according to his deeds (Acts 17:31; Mt. 24:27)

helen

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's my understanding that Elijah was sent to prepare the way of purifying the sons of Levi. The LORD said concerning John, if you will receive it, this is Elijah which was to come and he that has ears to hear, let him hear.

Concerning the sons of Levi. If you haven't read, have a look. About how David ate the bread that was against the law to eat, it was only for the priests. Also how he and those that were with him ate corn on his holy day.

As it was said once, he is able even to raise up children from stones.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It clearly states in the Bible that the End Time Elijah will come in a spiritual sense, not a physical ressurected Elijah!

Deciphering prophecy, especially 'Revelation' and Prophetic Scriptures should never be attempted because of deception.

Why do you think God had the book written? for fun? NO! The book was written for people living in the specific time period that which it pertains to. Which is now! We are now in actuality approaching the seventh seal!

Would you not think it would of been a waste of time if God had the Book written for nothing?

The majority of prophecies given by the prophets of old,
including those given by Jesus Christ, are for our time now. Early
prophets were not to witness the fulfillment of these end-time
prophecies.

Moses, King David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel did
not see these prophecies fulfilled. Even Daniel, to whom God
gave very specific prophecy concerning the end-time, did not see
these prophecies fulfilled.

After Daniel wrote the prophecies God gave him, he asked God
about their meaning.

Notice what God told Daniel about what he
had written, “And He said, ‘Go your way Daniel because these
words are closed up and sealed until the end-time” (Daniel 12:9).

This time in all human history is so important because these
prophecies pertain to our time now. It is at this time that God will
accomplish the fulfillment of all the things written by all His
prophets of old.

This too is why God places so much importance
on the revelation and work of His two end-time prophets. These
two people will reveal the present-day meaning of all the endtime
prophecies, and they will witness the fulfillment of all the
writings of the prophets of old.

REGINA/HELEN - WHAT CHURCH DO YOU BELONG TO? AND WHICH DAY DO YOU SABBATH ON?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What I love most about the Bible is that not only was it written for those of the time period in which it was written - but for all time periods thereafter. And, in addition to literal meanings and interpretations there's also SO much symbolism! Everything twists and turns and then wraps around once again and returns right back to where it started. No matter how often you read it, there's always something new to be discovered and learned. It's truly a jigsaw puzzle that requires the assistance of the Holy Spirit in order to understand and gain insight and wisdom from. Amazing...just truly amazing...

TruthSeekers - With all due respect, I don't reply to questions of that sort, as they're most commonly used to bait one into debates. If you're interested in learning more of my beliefs, please feel free to visit the link in my signature. God bless.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hi TruthSeekers/

The book of Revelation is not for just you and me to translate!
Do you know how many translations of the Apocalypse there are?
There are various interpretations all based upon their own opinions..this cannot be the right way...as this would confuse the 'signs of the times' and how one sees the 'End of times'.
It's all good to read the Bible and use prayer......but when one thinks him/herself capable of deciphering prophecy with ones own opinion, it is just that!
''Remember your instructors,
who have spoken
the word of God to you; whose faith follow,
considering the end of their life… Be not led
away with various and strange doctrines.
Hebrews 13:7, 9
Early Church fathers ...

The acts of the early Church, the witnesses of the company of the apostles, amongst whom are Saint Ignatius the God-bearer (+104 AD), a disciple of the Apostles and Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (+106 AD)
Origin (+250 AD) says: “Preserve the Holy Tradition in the Church.”

St. Epiphanios (+403 AD)
Origin (+250 AD) says: “Preserve the Holy Tradition in the Church.”

St. Epiphanios (+403 AD)
Saint John Chrysostom (+407 AD) says: “Hence it is clear that the Holy Apostles did not deliver everything by epistle; rather many things they handed down via the spoken word which is also trustworthy. If there is the Tradition, then don’t ask for anything more” (4th Homily on 2 Thess. See verse 2:45)
Saint Gregory of Nyssa (+394 AD)

And many more, saying the exact thing!
How can we believe we are in better knowledge then those that were in prayer and fasting as part of their humility to God?
Never assume that ones own opinion is better then those that lived a godly life in prayer and fasting!

helen

Sabbath?
the Lords Day......Kiriaki mera!
The Day Christ appeared after the Resurrection is the New Testament Sabbath.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The one who has an ear to hear is the second coming in era of the 3rd day.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

People put their own interiptation to phrophecy and scripture because the bible is very hard to read and open to interiptation. It's not exactly clear cut and black and white.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekers

I think Elijah will possibly be one of the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation. This would harmonize with the rest of the prophecies perfectly.

One of the witnesses displays the same characteristics Elijah was famous for, literally fulfills Malachi's prophecy, and he is shown as appearing soon before the great day of the Lord (an idiom for the Second Coming and end times) and will turn people's hearts back to God (both things directly related to the two witnesses).

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In Kings 2
of the Bible did not Elisha inherit Elijah's powers or spirit? Elisha was in the spirit of Elijah although Elijah was taken to heaven. Like John the Baptist also refered to as Elijah but was of the same spirit does not mean the Elijah of heaven has to come back in the flesh but his persona, power of God that was used and timing of events shaped who they were.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
2012 is a beacon in our mythology, because it's a signal for us to prepare in love...

until now everything we decided or chose was based on faith.
Atheism disprooves itself finally, because they act the same as religion.
Observation is their game, the same for science.

The smalles thing we can find in our universe it the only thing humans could know.
Believes. We believe. An atom is a believe, by majority.

Believes are only possible by connection.
Life is One. Love is becoming One. Love grows by honesty. Honesty transforms anger into understanding, this is justification and is love.

God is One, message of every religion, but misunderstood.

thegospeloflove.com

elijah is a function, the two witnesses are the sons and the father,
first elijah function and then the angels to become

the sun will be darkened = glorification will be misunderstood as false prophet
the moon turned to blood = sons = full moon to be eclipsed , will be hated, misunderstood

history is a mirror of what was to come, now to become.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So true So true So true So true

new topics

top topics

join