It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Definition & Blue Ray Technologies are a scam. Don't be fooled.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

you are quite right, the o.p. hasnt got a clue, no offense intended, listen and learn..... each frame is known as a cell (celluloid) and the film (celluloid), does not have pixels, it is pixelless, as this post that i have replied to states, you just run it through the telecine machine at a high defenition setting and viola, hence all of the digitally remastered films that appear now, film is the only media that is worth making movies in for this reason, watch some of the old picard star trek and you will see some digitally shot episodes and because the camera technoligy was not all that good, these will never be remastered

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, I don't know much about the technical side of it, but I agree with some of what OP says. I watched X-Men on blu-ray and frankly, I was shocked that people were making such a big deal about the way it looked. I find most people are too easily amused these days. Honestly, when I first saw the thing, I thought I was watching a behind the scenes featurette. It looked like crap video! Something's just aren't meant to look that way. When I go see Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I'm trying to get away from "real" life, at least for a few hours. And as for older films. The grain is what I love about them! I'd shoot myself in the head if Taxi Driver ever looked liked it was shot on video. Sure, they will eventually make digital "look" like film, but until that day there not getting a dime from me. There's plenty of dopes out there who will so I guess they'll survive. Don't get me wrong. I love where all this technology is going, it's getting better and better and not too expensive (heck, you can buy a dvd player for the price of a VCR rental in the old days). I wait until things get a little more affordable and see if it sticks around. I'm usually right about these things. I saw both Beta and the Laser Disc meet thier early demise.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join