It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't people talking about who will be running for conservative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Everywhere there's news about Hillary running against Obama for Democratic, but no one seems to talk about who's running for Conservative, at least not as much. Any ideas why? Will a Democrat most likely get in this time is that why the focus is more on them?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Because all the GOPers suck. Ron Paul is the only one who stands out the rest are very lacking.

Voters will be hard to get to the polls this cycle. Voters put the dems in at midterm and the dems did nothing with it. I believe America wants a change and it will be very hard for a "mainstream" candidate to get in. The winner will at least have to appear to be from the outside and will have to promise to bring about big change from the last 8 years. I don't think any of the GOPers are willing to go that route except for Ron Paul. I think Hillarys time as first lady and her vote to go to war will lose it for her. I think we are gonna see Obama vs Ron Paul. I think both will pledge to bring the troops home and that will be the difference.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Everywhere there's news about Hillary running against Obama for Democratic, but no one seems to talk about who's running for Conservative, at least not as much. Any ideas why? Will a Democrat most likely get in this time is that why the focus is more on them?

Actually there is a pantload of talk going on about Ron Paul. More than any other Rep., or Dem. for that matter.

With all the infighting in the Rep camp, fueled by MSM, I'm sure Hillary will romp and have another 8 years as president. History is going to look back on the last 20 years of American history and go WTF????

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I wonder when they'll make the final decision on which Democrat will run against which Conservative.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by MissInformation]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MissInformation

According to this source the winning delegate will be announced in June. Strong states predict a winner usually before that though.

apc

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There are conservative Democrats you know.

I don't think there's much hype about the Republicans other than Paul because there's only so many ways to spell "douchebag."

The reason most media play and discussion centers around Hillary and Obama is an issue of public manipulation for most, and absolute terror for the rest.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Everywhere there's news about Hillary running against Obama for Democratic,

That may or may not be the case in the main stream media but things are differnt here on AP.

but no one seems to talk about who's running for Conservative, at least not as much. Any ideas why?

Aside from Ron Paul mania there is nearly fifty pages of discussion concerning 2008 Republican candidates here .

new topics

top topics

join