It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion...huh???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was just listening to the SimiusDei talks religion podcast and I sat there shaking my head in disbelief. I have no affiliation to any religion BUT this podcast made absolutely no sense.

Islam...where was that going? Hmmm?? I wonder. 2 billion followers? And?

You say religious beliefs are flawed. In what way?

Preaching...don't you think this rant was borderline preaching? Telling people to re-evaluate their lives is preaching your belief.

You believe in reincarnation...but you don't believe in goD. Please explain. You mention what doD should be and what he was meant to be...but doesn't this contradict your belief? If there is no goD then it doesn't matter what he/she/it is like.

Most religions and most beliefs in god? Most? Which one's don't fit the bill? If religion is wrong, then how can "most" be bad?
Abortion clinic bombing...yes I agree...so did Bill Hicks.

If you are going to do a part two then maybe you should do a little more research. The podcast was interesting but you didn't really say much in 25mins. You can't make claims about other people's beliefs without substantiating with some research top back up your claims.
My opinion on religion...it's a lie. It's a method of control. It's social restraint. It's manufactured conformity. Faith is good. Faith is inspirational.

All religions in my opinion are bad. Everything from the blatantly obvious jokes from Mormans & Scientologists to the more historically influenced Catholics etc. ALL ARE A LIE. Not some....not most...ALL.
Please don;t take this as a personal attack...it's just my opinion and I would love to get some more insight into why you think religion is bad.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ummm....

I think SimiusDei has been banned.

It is a very sad thing.

Regards,
Lex

new topics

join