It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was ATLANTIS. -VIDEO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
Here are some names other cultures located on both sides of the Atlantic used to refer to Atlantis (the great eastern island, or the great western island, depending on what side of the Alantic they were from): Atlan, Aztlan, Attala, Atalaya, Atlaintika, Atarantes, Antilha, Atlantion, etc. As you can see, there's a similarity between names. And since those cultures living in the Americas referred to Atlantis as the great eastern island, that would also seem to indicate that America itself was not Atlantis.

How far should I go with this? Nobody ever called anything "Atlan" as far as I know and as far as I can find out. Aztlan (maybe Atlan is another spelling of this word) was the ancestral home of the nahuatl speaking peoples of the Valley of Mexico (Aztecs, among others,) not some ancient flooded continent, but an area of dry ground surrounded by a marshy lake toward the west.

West from Mexico is hardly the Atlantic.

Since both these so-called names for Atlantis are bogus, and you stated them as if they were true, I'd be wasting my time to go any further, wouldn't I?

The Aztecs left no myth behind about a sunken continent or even a sunken island of Aztlan (or Atlan.)

Even worse, the only references to Aztlan in existence were written after the Spanish conquered the Aztecs:

The primary sources for Aztlán are the Boturini Codex, the Codex Telleriano-Remensis, and the Aubin Codex. Aztlán is also mentioned in the History of Tlaxcala (by Diego Muñoz Camargo, a Tlaxcalan mestizo from the 17th century), as well as Historia Tolteca-Chichimeca. It should be noted that all the documents mentioned above were written (in Spanish) after the Spanish conquest of Mexico.

Source: Wiki

Originally posted by IvanZana
Actually your wrong. There is hundreds of stories that speak of a continent that suffered a great flood/tsunami it so happens that it was plato that called it ATLANTIS for it sat in the ATLANTIc.
The Anicent Meso american indian all share the story of a massive flood which flooded their whole continent destroying great city of lights. America.

No, they don't. And, no, there are not hundreds of such stories.

There are a lot of flood stories, but, hey, there are also a lot of floods.

And, all you guys that want to support some silly Atlantis theory by basing it on the similarity of names should try and comprehend this, the Atlantic was named the Atlantic because of Plato's story. It was called "The Western Ocean" when Plato was around.

Harte

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Its funny. People will look in the ocean here and there for Atlantis but in reality we are living on it now (north america)

We like to think that there was nothing here before columbus except for some savage indians but one only has to travel up and down the spine of north america and see the hundreds of Pyramids and ancient sites.

THe Hopi Indians say the we are in our 4th world. The last three destroyed. THe most recent world was destroyed by floods and then thousands of years of ice, so around 20-30,000 b.c.

The ancients spoke of Atlantis sinking under the ocean, it would appear that way if you were on a boat.

Spme stories that mentioned sailing to the end of the world or fear of never coming back originated from older stories of how sailors could not sail to far west in the Atlantic due to a endless wall of mud and debris.

A great flood would of been more of a gret mega-tsuanmi, wiping out everything will a 2 mile high 400mph wall of muck, trees, cities, people,hills and then having the tide role back into the Atlantic.

So I believe the ancient continent of Atlantis is North America.

Here is a map call THE ATLANTIS PENINSULA

And here is an old pre-Columbian, chinese map.

Be silly to assume the east never knew the western continet exsited.

The big question is how and why did the east forget about the west?

Something really nasty must of happened to us.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
Its funny. People will look in the ocean here and there for Atlantis but in reality we are living on it now (north america)

We like to think that there was nothing here before columbus except for some savage indians but one only has to travel up and down the spine of north america and see the hundreds of Pyramids and ancient sites.

There are no pyramids in North America. None, that is, that weren't built by contractors in the USA and/or Canada in recent times.

There are mounds of earth. Dirt, specifically.

Originally posted by IvanZana A great flood would of been more of a gret mega-tsuanmi, wiping out everything will a 2 mile high 400mph wall of muck, trees, cities, people,hills and then having the tide role back into the Atlantic.

There is not a trace of any mega tsunami occurring within the last 20,000 years in North America that would be large enough to completely destroy a civilization. In fact, no Tsunami could possibly destroy evidence of an ancient civilization in the interior of North America.

Harte

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I would like to know more about that pre-columbian chinese map (source).

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

There are no pyramids in North America. None, that is, that weren't built by contractors in the USA and/or Canada in recent times.

Mabey you forgot that mexico is in North America. Mayans built hundreds of pyramids that can still be visited today.

Peru is in the Americas, they also have unexplainable buildings and some of the oldest structures on earth.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I suppose I can concede that. But the scientists studying these vanished cultures usually refer to them as Mesoamerican.

Besides, didn't you say

...one only has to travel up and down the spine of north america and see the hundreds of Pyramids and ancient sites.

(My emphasis.)

Did you mean "up and down the spine of" Mexico?

Harte

[edit on 1/18/2008 by Harte]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
IvanZana,

Not sure of the point you are trying to make with the two maps. The first one, Atlantis Insula, "not PENinsula", dates to 1690 and the pre-columbian chinese map cannot be reliably dated before c. 1763. Both fall into the time frame since Columbus.

Also, whereas the Mayans and many others certainly created amazing structures, they are all rather recent. Definitely within the last 2000 years. Certainly not on the same level, timewise, with Egypt or even the legendary Atlantis.

Cormac

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This video is interesting, but its to long, it doesn't get to the point quick enough, and Im not going to watch the entire thing. it's talking about basically the New World Order. About America's plan.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I recently came across this thread, and must say that America and Atlantis are indeed probably the same thing. There was a book (I will look up the title) that purported to show, using the Zodiac, that America was mapped long ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Except that, if you accept Plato's story has being real, 'America' doesn't fit the bill

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

America doesnt fit unless Plato is completely wrong about everything he said, no. So America being Atlantis would mean Plato is a liar and a writer of fantasy.

And damn is it funny to read your own comments from so many years ago. I dont even recognize myself.
edit on 9-3-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I always like the idea "earth growing" theory and imo could explain how entire continents sunk below the sea. I do wonder about what ancient sites are in the USA often. We know the mid-west was an ocean. Why is it hard to believe all of the fertile soil was washed in, over a civilization? How can the US/Canada be one of the very few places w/o major structures (outside of mounds)?

. I had seen a doc that mentioned an ancient smelting factory buried in Oklahoma, but havent been able to find anything else about it. The story was the gov covered it up in the 40's. I saw a doc on PBS about Camp David and one the images looked exactly like a pyramid coved in vegetation like you find in S & Central America but not as thick of vegetation.

I wish science would just accept the flood was real, and religion would accept people have been on earth for 10's of thousand of years. Zeal isnt always a good thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mid0night0lamp1111
I wish science would just accept the flood was real, and religion would accept people have been on earth for 10's of thousand of years. Zeal isnt always a good thing.

And I wish Evangelists would just accept that they are spreading something other than gospel.

What are the odds we'll both get our wish?

Harte

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

That a good point about the coast of the Pac NW, and well..the Goonies is a top 10 fav moive. Its prob the reason I love to adventure anywhere i go. I lived in SoCal for a while and when I went to Santa Barbara I went to the Chumash (sp) cave paintings. Same shapes, spiral ect as all over the world. But the channels around that are too would've been above water at one point. These cave painting are high up the side of the mountains where people would've retreated from a drastic coast line change. I think a global culture existed before the ice age and these are the left overs, be it the similarities in writing patterns or designs of cave painintgs. Im in AZ for now, and the same things exist here...all over. Denial of a lost culture is foolishness to me.

It's a shame China isn't as..um...noble? as it truely should be. Such a strong rich heritage, but gone astray like most of the world these days. But so many congruancies between ancient Asian cultures and Meso-American culture should prove, even to the laymen like me, that something bigger was happening in the past. Euro-centricism is a plaugue...damn my ancestors original continent & the royalty that has/does stifle humanity.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Prob not that good for now. Im not to sure what you mean about the gospels and evangelist though. I dont really think any of the Abrahmaic religions have it correct. While the morals (golden rule, 10 commandments) I think are correct, and some of the history (flood ect). I think they've all been contorted and manipulate to enslave humanity. They are just rife with hatred and hypocracy these days. I mean no disrepect but they seem as half truths to me. But I also have many devout Jewish, Catholic/Christian. Muslim friends are all get along and are top notch human beings....so its perspective and useage I suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Prob not that good for now. Im not to sure what you mean about the gospels and evangelist though. I dont really think any of the Abrahmaic religions have it correct. While the morals (golden rule, 10 commandments) I think are correct, and some of the history (flood ect). I think they've all been contorted and manipulate to enslave humanity. They are just rife with hatred and hypocracy these days. I mean no disrepect but they seem as half truths to me. But I also have many devout Jewish, Catholic/Christian. Muslim friends are all get along and are top notch human beings....so its perspective and useage I suppose.

Those religions arose and evolved and reflect cutlural norms from thousands of years ago, where we thought differently, have people used religion for good and bad, yes.

Sorry but the geological, genetic and archaeological evidence against a biblical flood are overwhelming. The evidence for it is anecdotal.....anecdotal is like a Be-2c and factual evidence like a Fokker D-VII, one of them doesn't have a chance

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I agree the great world covering flood is most likely anecdotal, i dont believe all land was covered. I do think major hubs of a past civilization are submerged though.

I know very very little about the genetic aspect, I've heard arguments about it from many sides. It might just be above my pay grade and ability to comprehend. Maybe since the idea is crossing my path now I should follow it (any guidance?) The geology alway fascinated me but that too seem to have so many inconsistant aspects. When geologist talk about dating and how the layers are created I get lost. I cant figure out how such distinct layer occur without major events. Its been a few years since I really looked into it though. Ive seen though about entire stands of trees found in dirt standing upright. obvious flood/liquifacation. But so much about science "fact" seems to be about who fund the "facts".

What about the Sphinx was underwater once crowd? Ive seen good proof for yes and no. Both seem to be agenda driven and not truth driven....I dont know, I guess thats why i come to site like this, to gain perspective and narrow opinion down closer to fact.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Prob not that good for now. Im not to sure what you mean about the gospels and evangelist though. I dont really think any of the Abrahmaic religions have it correct. While the morals (golden rule, 10 commandments) I think are correct, and some of the history (flood ect).

There was no flood of "Biblical" proportions.

That is, no great flood.

That's pure... uh... pure... uh um er...
evangelism.

Yeah, that's what it is.

Harte

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The problem with this is that Atlantis was something that Plato made up in order for Socrates to have something to talk about. It was actually admitted in his writing! Below is a link to the original text from "Timaeus"

Link

I suggest reading from about page 12 for about 4 or 5 pages. Source text is a more reliable method of information than speculative videos, in my opinion

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

There are places in Peru and Bolivia that are as old if not older than the great known Egyptian cities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join