It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was ATLANTIS. -VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
video.google.ca...

This is very probable.

Please , if your interested, research this and i swear in due time your heart will sink.

The great flood was real.

This is a must read. This is lore from the ancient Hopi who have always resided in america. Pre-atlanteans.www.mysteriousworld.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Not very probably. I see little to indicate it would be Atlantis.

Plus, its a little scary. Trying so hard to connect a country to a mythological past, of which most (or all) is theory stretched to the extreme. Hitler and his Nazi party did the same.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Whats odd is your video is almost trying to debunk the atlantis claims.

There's the crazy fear monger on the stage telling people how crazy all the other people are and always hinting at "buy the product".

Then the American indian site...is that thing true?
I never heard about that tunnel and that idol in the tunnel.
If thats true, wow.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its been told that a select group of people living in the ancient east were aware of the forgotton western continent and for hundreds of years in secret, thousands of warrior/vikings cleared the ancient north american continent of any threat and signs of the ancients exspecially their history to make way for the world.

So in short the governments of Columbus' days spread fourth the propaganda to the rest of the world that the world was flat and anyone who tried to sail far west would be either killed by sea creatures, pirates, or fall off the flat earth.

Here is a pre columbus map.

Keep in mind that they western americas have always been populated and not by savages.

This map blows my mind. Its titled " THE ATLANTIS INSULA" showing north and south america. Look at north america, Hudson bay is forked, the great lakes look smaller and there is a massive ice sheet that seem to connect British columbia with Russia

[edit on 23-12-2007 by IvanZana]

Mod Edit: New Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I will watch the video, but should point out a number of facts that Atlantis was in the Atlantic.

1) The name Atlantis is one letter away from Atlantic, itself giving a clue to its location. There are many cultures on each side of the Atlantic that mention a large island, and all their names are similar to but derivations to the name Atlantis.

2) Freshwater diatoms have been dredged up from the mid Atlantic ridge, indicating that that portion was once above sea level, and was a fresh water lake in the past.

3) 1200 miles out in the Atlantic from the closest land, sand was dredged up from the sea floor over 2 miles below the surface. The ocean flood isn't made of sand, but silt. Sand forms on beaches by wave action grinding down stone, or in deserts with wind action. That means that part of the ocean floor was once a beach.

4) A tribe in Guinea which is located on the Atlantic coast of Africa performs a ceremony where they reenact an ancient tradition that white men came down from the sky (flight) and from an ISLAND THAT NO LONGER EXISTS in very ancient times, to administer laws and justice. (Interesting that Plato said the Atlantians held control over much of Africa)

Evidence like this can't be ignored, and often people who keep coming up with alternate Atlantis theories do so out of ignorance of evidence like the above.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Elhardt]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
1) The name Atlantis is one letter away from Atlantic, itself giving a clue to its location. There are many cultures on each side of the Atlantic that mention a large island, and all their names are similar to but derivations to the name Atlantis.

To bad Plato wasnt an American writing in the modern English language. In my country, "Atlantis" is not one but TWO letters from the name of the Atlantic ("Atlanten" or "Atlantiska Oceanen")

"Atlantis" compared to the ancient greek "Atlantic" would share NO letters period. Ancient greek "Atlantis" vs "Atlantic" is a whole other matter though, but I've been unable to dig up the words. I have only been able to get the modern translations: ατλαντίδα vs ατλαντικόσ which looks like it differ in 4 letters (with the atlantic one having one more letter).

[edit on 24-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
To bad Plato wasnt an American writing in the modern English language. In my country, "Atlantis" is not one but TWO letters from the name of the Atlantic ("Atlanten" or "Atlantiska Oceanen")

"Atlantis" compared to the ancient greek "Atlantic" would share NO letters period. Ancient greek "Atlantis" vs "Atlantic" is a whole other matter though

You can't really compare languages that use different alphabets and don't share letters. The point being, the name Atlantis in english is almost identical to Atlantic. But it doesn't stop there. Here are some names other cultures located on both sides of the Atlantic used to refer to Atlantis (the great eastern island, or the great western island, depending on what side of the Alantic they were from): Atlan, Aztlan, Attala, Atalaya, Atlaintika, Atarantes, Antilha, Atlantion, etc. As you can see, there's a similarity between names. And since those cultures living in the Americas referred to Atlantis as the great eastern island, that would also seem to indicate that America itself was not Atlantis.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You're absolutely right: you cant.

So why are you doing it?

All those listed are obviously written in Roman latin, resembling the word "Atlantis" (which again is Roman latin, not Greek). Yet none of them are actually spoken or written in latin (or English), I'm guessing some are Mayan/Aztec, which doesnt even have letters.

You just compared different languages that use different alphabets and dont share letters.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
You're absolutely right: you cant.

So why are you doing it?

All those listed are obviously written in Roman latin, resembling the word "Atlantis" (which again is Roman latin, not Greek). Yet none of them are actually spoken or written in latin (or English), I'm guessing some are Mayan/Aztec, which doesnt even have letters.

You just compared different languages that use different alphabets and dont share letters.

It's not about comparing letters. You can't compare the letters of the original alphabets because they're different, and I've never done that. Words get translated into English by the actual sounds people make when speaking. You can't compare the English written word Tokyo to the Japanese language version of it because the letters are different. But the English version came from the way the Japanese pronounce the word Tokyo and that's what gives us the English spelling. English and Japanese people both verbally say the word the same way. The point being that cultures all around the Atlantic mention the past existence of an island by using a similar name for it, when translated into English, that really becomes obvious. Gee whiz. I'm not about to hook up a mic and post an audio file to prove the point. I'm just doing what's be done by linguists when comparing word derivations.

Another example is the name Noah. That's the English version. The Chinese also mention a boat that landed on a mountain after a global flood. One of their names for the man on that boat translates into English as Nu-wah. Obviously by this, one can see the similarity. Comparing Hebrew text to Chinese text is meaningless as you pointed out. So I'm not sure why that's even being brought up.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Tentative reconstruction of Plato’s scheme of prehistory,based on clues in the Timaeus , Critias , The Republic and The Statesman.

Each world age ended Whith a cosmic upheaval and destruction of the world by flood or fire. Whereas hesiod had a scheme of five world ages (Golden,Silver, Brazen,Heroic, Iron =Present ), Plato evidently extended the series, as he placed the Atlantis deluge two catastrophes before the Flood of Deucalion.

In the Statesman he argued that during the Golden Age time and the universe ran in the opposite direction to the way they do now. People sprang from the Earth fully grown and ended their life as infants.

In the next age (when Atlantis flourished) time ran as it does now. Since then he claimed there have been two more complete reversals of time and the universe. The present order came about in the reign of Atreus ( two generations before the Trojan War ), when Greek tradition claimed that the Sun and Stars reversed their direction. Periods of ‘normal’ (our ) time are indicatd by a + sign, reversed (Golden Age) time by a – sign. (P. James - Sunken Kingdom)

One can read where Atlantis is located in ancient Anatolia , one has to follow the link below .

www.atlantis-manisa.com...

[edit on 24-12-2007 by 23432]

[edit on 24-12-2007 by 23432]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

Well we are obviously comparing letters in the same alphabet

Regardless, IF these words would be some sort of derivative of the concept of Atlantis, I fail to see how they can be talking about the same thing. Too many obvious logistical issues: A civilization near the Americas cannot influence the eastern mediterranian civilizations very easily, and on the opposite side I fail to see how a civilization in the eastern Atlantic that is close to the Greeks (Plato doesnt describe anything specific, which would mean the people arent too different) could spawn the meso-American civilizations as they are completely different.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah, my vote is still for Atlantis being the Azores Plateau, right where Plato said it was.

And lately I've been thinking that the comet/asteroid impact that did it in was either a glancing blow or it impacted exactly where Iceland is today, rupturing the crust around the mid-Atlantic ridge, creating the island, and bringing the last Ice Age to an abrupt end.

That is my theory, which is mine.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Yeah, my vote is still for Atlantis being the Azores Plateau, right where Plato said it was.:

If the Azores theory is correct which i might add is a small tiny island, but none the less, if azores was atlantis, Then why did they not mention the other super massive continent, north america?

The stories tell of after the great flooding, seamen would try to sail to her(atlantis/america) to see what has become of her only find the passage in passable due to a ring of mud thousands of miles thick surrounding the east half of the americas.

Even the ancient mesoAmericans all tell of a great civilizations and cities of lights that were washed away by the creator.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Atlantis never existed, it was a mith started by one single man from ancient grece that loved to invent stories, other than that there were no mention about the civilisation in cause from difrent sources.
It all started from a single person and that is where it ended.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Actually your wrong. There is hundreds of stories that speak of a continent that suffered a great flood/tsunami it so happens that it was plato that called it ATLANTIS for it sat in the ATLANTIc.
The Anicent Meso american indian all share the story of a massive flood which flooded their whole continent destroying great city of lights. America.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Yeah, my vote is still for Atlantis being the Azores Plateau, right where Plato said it was.:

If the Azores theory is correct which i might add is a small tiny island, but none the less, if azores was atlantis, Then why did they not mention the other super massive continent, north america?

The Azores are a group of small islands now, of course. But all we're seeing are the tops of the northern mountain range mentioned in the narrative. If the plateau wasn't sunken, it would look something like what the nice folks on this page put together:

www.goldenageproject.org.uk...

Although my guess is that it wouldn't be as disjointed looking, since a tsunami from an asteroid impact would probably do a lot of damage to the local real estate.

Why not mention North America? Maybe he did... in another story that's even more lost than the Atlantis fragment. Or maybe they got mixed up. Plato says Atlantis had elephants. That's odd, isn't it? Until you remember that he's talking about the end of the last Ice Age, when there were still wooly mamoths wandering around in North America, or maybe even on Atlantis.

It all starts to fit together. Sort of. The challenge will be to find archeological remnants in likely areas of the undersea Azores plateau. Old river junctions, ports, etc. Although the chances of that are mighty slim, particularly after the asteroid tsunami and 13,000 years of submersion and volcanic activity. Anything much smaller than the pyramids probably wouldn't survive that long.

Otherwise, other archeological evidence needs to be dated and associated with a culture that would fit a hypothetical Atlantis culture. And that's a pretty tall order.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Plato says Atlantis had elephants. That's odd, isn't it? Until you remember that he's talking about the end of the last Ice Age, when there were still wooly mamoths wandering around in North America, or maybe even on Atlantis.

But Plato didnt say mammoth or hairy elephant, he just said elephant. Did Plato not know what an elephant look like? Possibly. But we dont know that.

Its when you start to interpret his words as you like (elephant turning into a mammoth) that the argument for Atlantis fail, because it spawns all sort of theories that isnt what Plato was talking about. I guess I'm no different, since everything in Platos descriptions are in conflict with each other.

Another thing Plato was talking about was the military of Atlantis. He specifically stated they had war chariots, slingers, javelin men and "heavy armed" soldiers (swords and body armour?). This is as far from the meso-American civilizations you can get. They didnt even have the wheel, yet this was common knowledge to the Atlanteans: How can the meso-American people have had any kind of contact or descend from them???

But I guess it depends on where you are looking. Some people are hardcore into the 9000 years ago argument: I'm not, I dont think Plato had a clue about the years. Others are even more hardcore into the location and size of Atlantis: I'm not cause Plato seem to exaggerate quite bit, not to mention giving Altantis credit for just about every other civilizations in the Med than Greece and Egypt.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Google Video Link

[edit on 27-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure about America being Atlantis but the ancient maps you brought up were startling. It looks like Chinese writing on the map. I noticed a large island off the coast of Washington and Oregon. Did you know that there are huge rock formations off the coast of Oregon. Ever see the movie Goonies? Goonies was filmed near Cannon Beach. I wonder if this island also sank into the Pacific ocean?

It seems logical that China would have the most ancient maps of America. It's no coincidence that both Chinese and Mayan writing are both written vertically.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by lostinspace]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My Opinion on this subject/proposal,
is that it is obscene

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join