It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake or real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
is this video fake or real?

splodetv.com...

i was looking at another topic and found this video
is it real? can that small amount do that much damage?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
that was pretty cool. even if it was a bit scary. im sure it can be done though. i doesnt supprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes thats very real. Binary explosives are actually quite common, even though that video says they are rare. I think thats because their not widely used, and most of the public doesn't no anything about them. i think the one the military is using is called FIXOR, which is the example you just saw in the video. Its mostly used to detonate land mines.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
One drop vapourised a melon.
A few kilos can vapourise a building and area around it.

Yup definetly very dangerous if ended up in wrong hands.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In reply to W3RLIED2 :

Fixor

Very interesting reading.

Enjoy,
Lex

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Putting more fear into the public eye so we can keep the fight on "Terror". They're making pencil bombs now!!!, and think the US a country so powerful and high tech is worried about a pencil bomb...enough with this propaganda...no offense to the OP.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

i can imagine them say the Insurgents are starting to use them and they need more counter measures which would increase spending

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Binary explosives are, indeed, real.

The video, however, is a touch misleading. The watermelon could easily have vanished, not because it was vaporized, but because a sudden explosive 'kick' on one side blew it off its rather precarious perch. The folks who posted the video are careful not to show the ground around their detonation, probably for a reason. Even if the melon were actually 'vaporized', that doesn't imply much more explosive force than you can get from an M-80 or an old-school 'cherry bomb'...which is still a potent punch for such a small charge, but not nearly as potent as the video would lead you to believe.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I dont think its very real they cut the takes like a million times i doubt its real!!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reply to Brother Stormhammer

but not nearly as potent as the video would lead you to believe.

I agree. I think they exaggerated abit in the video.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

i can imagine them say the Insurgents are starting to use them and they need more counter measures which would increase spending

We need another 20 000 troops, they have pen bombs now! lol, Okay now i'll stop.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Binary explosives are, indeed, real.

The video, however, is a touch misleading. The watermelon could easily have vanished, not because it was vaporized, but because a sudden explosive 'kick' on one side blew it off its rather precarious perch. The folks who posted the video are careful not to show the ground around their detonation, probably for a reason. Even if the melon were actually 'vaporized', that doesn't imply much more explosive force than you can get from an M-80 or an old-school 'cherry bomb'...which is still a potent punch for such a small charge, but not nearly as potent as the video would lead you to believe.

yeah. Things were exaggerated for the sake of that video. Oddly enough though when it showed him mixing the binary up it put me in mind of the old Red Mercury urban myth.

Red Mercury

Now that would have been definitely be something to get worried about.

Regards,

Tim.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChunkyBarcode

Red Mercury has been disproven on this site before.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Let's go for a simpler solution,

1) there is no explosion simply smoke - an explosion would give off light which should be quite obvious.

2) Not even good film editing - Time mark 3:19:23 clearly shows ghost image of smoking pen and water melon ( intact ), smoke and label "in a split second the melon is vapourised (sic)”

Took about 30 seconds to find.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Real - but very misleading. If it was such a powerful explosive, why is there virtually no damage to the support pole? You would think that if the melon was 'instantly vaporized', the support pole would be a smoldering chunk of foam, or whatever the heck that stuff is wrapped around the post (the tape holding it in place didn't even appear to melt).

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 12/27/2007 by DCFusion]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DCFusion

Remember that it's only a drop.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
cant a person look at this video and see how it is done

and knowing what binary thing is and then from this pen explosive idea

actually one day do it

i think this video might be giveing people ideas

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by imdeceived
Remember that it's only a drop.

Yes - True, it was only a drop, but still.... if one drop was enough to 'vaporize' the melon, surely there would be some kind of damge to the support pole.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by DCFusion]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ah Binary Explosives.......now where have I heard that before......

Oh yeah I know.....

Wasn't Brucee Wucee running round NYC in Die Hard With a Vengance trying to stop those crazy pesky terrorist monkey's from detonating ton's of the stuff?

MR

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
NOT DOUGHTING THE TECH BRO. BUT THE MIXTURE LOOKS VERY SIMULAR TO THE 2 PART RED OR YELLOW STICK DYNOMITE IVE USED .MY GUESS THE VIDEO IS PART OF HOME LANDS QUEST FOR MORE FUNDING.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join