It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the lies...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Astral projection is easy enough to prove. Astral project yourself into my home and tell me something about it that you can't physically know. I don't even know what astral combat is supposed to be but it sounds like it would involve astral projection so with out proof of AP there can't be AC.

Energy manipulation is easy as well, set up a camera and let me see you pull your energy from whatever source you use. There has to be some sort of physically visible side effect.

There are some abilities in mankind that are forbidden to be used, that is of course if you read the Bible.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That's the problem with internet, there's no way to really "prove" anything. So you kindof have to just take it at face value, maybe the person is sincere or maybe they just want attention. I believe in supernatural events but sometimes it's hard to know what's really true and what's not.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

There are alot of things that we aren't supposed to do. That doesn't seem to stop most people.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I didn't ask anyone to prove their spirit. I want proof of the super human claims.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think in order to obtain proof of that you have to attach some cash to it - and beat the $1 Million James Randi's offering.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
There are some abilities in mankind that are forbidden to be used, that is of course if you read the Bible.

Actually... it's not using the ability all together that's forbidden... it's using the ability to assist Satan with his side of the spiritual war to mislead and misguide people away from truth that is forbidden.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

I don't think Randi's challenge is going to work either. I don't think money's a top priority for those who know they have these abilities.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
True if you got these kind of powers...well personally i would not care about money either.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
to above posters...

maybe the problem lies in the fact that everybody comes from different upbringings and have carved their lives from different fabrics that they deem as truth. truth is anything someone believes as real or right, but it does not make it a universal fact. meaning, if i want to believe that jesus died for my sins, to me that is truth. it is not fact, because it cannot be proven. therefore, i should not impose this "truth" on anyone as fact until it CAN be proven.

the same should hold true for anything unexplainable via quantitative or systemic approaches. this allows ANYTHING to be possible until proven otherwise.

so, i believe a human can do anything, until we have proven we cannot.

my only qualm with attaching christian beliefs to that of the paranormal or special abilities is that it takes the human out of the equation. in the bible, any miracle was done as a conduit, the human acting through god's power. the human did not have any abilities without god.

but these abilities are being done by people without god (meaning, people do not have to be religious to claim results), so take god or religion out of the equation to allow maximum fact finding potential. if one can factualize god is the source of these paranormal results, i will then add god to the equation.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Very well put. There is only one problem with this. "so, i believe a human can do anything, until we have proven we cannot." You can't prove a negative.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
several years ago i was in allentown pennsylvania. i used to go to this
one bar after work. one day i was there and this band was auditioning
to play there nights. because i once played guitar in a band, he and i
became good buds...one afternoon he told me "this is what guitar
players can do". he put a cigarette on the bar, looked at it and it rolled
several inches. naturally being somewhat wary, i took him to another
location on the bar, put a paper over his mouth and nose and asked
him to try it again...he easily moved it again...there were no witnesses
or "helpers", only he and i. he said he had always had this ability.
there ARE people with gifts.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
being a super human is the stuff of science.

being a SUPER BEING is the stuff of Spirit

The Spirit is a billion times more than the human.
If the Human could just realize it..............

-Music is Magic
-Bobby

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
reply to post by banyan

You can't prove a negative.

good point, thanks for correcting me.

it's because everything is always in a state of evolution. it's like saying, "humans can't grow taller than 8 feet," but then the next year somebody comes forward who is 8 feet 2 inches tall. new information, new humans, new discoveries make proving the negative impossible

but this just furthers my point that anything IS possible, and it's stupid to suppose that you know or believe something so absolutely, with endless possibilities and knowledge still unknown existing maybe just a few hours in the future.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

As I have said, I don't doubt that there are people with these gifts, but you have made my point for me. You claim to know someone with what sounds like telekinetic power. Where is the video? If he can do this on command it should be documented.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I agree with the OP adamneldon, yet I see a bunch of people giving excuses why that won't prove their gifts. Here's the thing. The world is already aware of many kinds of paranormal phenomena. Coming on here and talking about your own "gift" doesn't advance the field any. If you don't want to or can't prove your gift, then I don't know what the point is of even bringing it up in the first place. What good does hearing the millionth astral projection story serve?

I've seen real footage of a lot of paranormal things over the decades, yet have seen zero here. There are some people claiming they're visited by aliens on a regular basis. You can't tell me that one of these people can't get a camera ready or set up a timelapse video recorder. Astral projectors could project themselves into Area 51 or all kinds of secret places and bring out useful info, but no. And using the "anything can be faked" cop out is ridiculous. There's ways of video taping yourself where you should be able to prove a number of different abilities. Let us be the judge of whether it could have been faked or not.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

Finally, someone sees what I am talking about. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i readily agree with both of you on how if one can do these extraordinary things, then benefit us all by video-documenting it somehow. but please do not discourage those, who have had things happen to them that they cannot control and therefore cannot document at will, from speaking in a supposedly more open-minded forum.

it is one thing for someone to post supposed paranormal abilities to gain attention and maybe even some self-deluded power, but it is completely different for those who want to understand what is happening to them or speak to see if this ever happened to anyone else. to some i am sure this may be the only place they can honestly open up about these things they witness or experience.

now i am with every one of you who want proof, absolutely, no doubt there. and if i had some ability i could control, definitely i would do my best to show it to people who might actually believe me. i do not have any abilities or proof of the paranormal, and i have only experienced something once that really did a number on my views on reality and the life we live. it's only a story, a boring story, hopefully eloquently thought out and correctly spelled, but nothing worthy of the fact-finders that seek visual proof of an on-command paranormal freak-out.

we must be patient and do our best to encourage but not deride those we would wish to come forward. my mind will always be open, in the meantime.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That is all I want. If it is something that can be proven, then it should be proven. If it is uncontrollable then it would be quite hard to prove. I have done a little bit of research on the boards to get a few examples of what I am talking about to further clarify, just in case someone doesn't understand what I mean.

These are quotes from people pulled out of some semi random threads I have looked through that should make my point clearer.

"Together when we sit circle and such the combine energies can go so far as to tell lightning exactly where to strike, it's quite amazing."

"secretly i had my sister video tape me falling out a window-a 3 story one. when i hit the ground my arms are backwards and my face is bleeding but then i snap my arms and they are fine. and the cut heals." (It is obvious to me that this is a lame attempt at claiming the powers of the girl from Heroes as their own, but it was still a claim made on this site.)

"My powers were obtained by me, don't ask how because I don't know, when I was 8. I had small natural control. Such as wind, fire, water, and I can lift stuff with my mind."

"I chuckle when I think back to 4 or so months ago when I was struggling with moving a Psi-Wheel, and now I'm have moderate success with flipping the pages of books without touching them."

All of these claimed powers can easily be proven if they are true, so why isn't there a video made for each claim?

There are plenty more where these came from(right here on ATS).

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i must agree with adamneldon. to such claims posted, video proof is much needed...otherwise one comes off as arrogant or smug, which regardless the truth of the matter, does not help the situation. please, please...post video.

i for one would love to see lightning strike on command (i wanted to be a weatherman when i was little).

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So, is there no one out there at ATS with a real provable power? Are all these claims lies? I guess so...

I was really hoping that by posting this topic I would get at least 1 person to come forward with some sort of proof. It makes me sad to realize that there are so many people out there with delusions of being more than human. Why would these people want to be different or better so bad that they feel the need to lie about it? Or worse, why would they want it so bad that they have convinced themselves that their powers are real?

One last chance before this thread disappears along with countless others. Put up or shut up. If you have a provable power(or what ever you want to call it), prove it. I don't want to read about it when I can watch a video of the event taking place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join