It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the lies...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have been a member of ATS for quite some time now and I lurked for a long time before I signed up. I am sick and tired of all these people that say they have a "gift" or "power". I have seen tons of claims and not one little piece of evidence supporting their claims.

I am gonna throw out this challenge right now. If you are one of these people on ATS who claim to have a "gift", "power", "supernatural ability" or whatever, prove it to me/the world.

If you are a psychic, vampire, telekinetic, pyro, energy manipulater, werewolf or anything above the norm it should be easy enough to prove. Get a camera and do it up.

I say from here on out if you can't prove your "gift", then you are a liar. Why lie to us here at ATS? Are you trying to be e-cool? Prove it or stop posting lies.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good luck... I created a thread a couple years back, "I am Issuing a Challenge"... it was dedicated to all those you support and validate the Necronomicon.

I'm still here.

The supporters arn't.

But, in my defense, how would I go about proving astral projection, astral combat, energy manipulation? Things like that can't be seen.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is more than meets the eye... but I think to, that people could prove their abbilities somehow...

I have no special power myself but found this clip...

Qigong master

It looks real to me, but i have my doubts...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adamneldon

see there is a problem with people like you and challanges like that , what is it ? well it is that nowdays everything can be faked .. and like the poster above me stated , how am i supposed (if i could) prove astral projection , energy manipulation OOBE to You ? And what about TK ? Even if I would make a clip showing you how I spin a psi wheel (if I could) you would just state that its fake ( and yes it could be faked easy) so tell me trully how would anybody go about proving anything to you that would convince you 100% its true ?

The only way would be for yourself to try and and see if it works or not .. In theese days nothing can be proven that cant be faked and people that are sceptics will always find a way to debunk

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Astral projection is easy enough to prove. Astral project yourself into my home and tell me something about it that you can't physically know. I don't even know what astral combat is supposed to be but it sounds like it would involve astral projection so with out proof of AP there can't be AC.

Energy manipulation is easy as well, set up a camera and let me see you pull your energy from whatever source you use. There has to be some sort of physically visible side effect.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Penn and Teller did this great magic act, where they were making things float away and levitate. Turned out that they themselves were upside down.

Anything that someone can do can be faked by 20 others.

Then there's that arguement "Why should I prove anything?" I see both sides to this. First, so that others know the truth (for proof) and two, it lesens the act (against proof).

Did Jesus like to be tested? Sometimes, you just need to have faith.

If people don't want to believe in paranormal abilities, then that's fine, that is their choice. It is just a shame that there are so many people out there who do fake acts... gives the rest of us a bad name.

Example: I went to a 'gypsy fortune teller'. She read my palm, did the tarot reading... nothing, and I mean nothing, she said was accurate, never even coming close. As a side note, I do read tarot, and have enough books on palmistry where I know what's going on.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

The things in that video COULD have been faked, BUT at least this guy has a video of his "powers". I am talking to people on ATS who claim to have gifts. I don't want to see a video of someone that you don't even know, I want to see a video of YOU.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Other then people getting tired or passing out (or at some times bleeding), there is no visible effect to energy manipulation, least not the kind that I am talking about.

About your house? Okay, then. Give me its location. Can't travel without a map... or even better, let's meet, so that I can get a taste / sample of your energy... that way, I could track you.

Sorry, but that's how it works.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

"People like me"? You don't know me and if you did you would know that there aren't "people like me". I don't have a twin.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by adamneldon]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I do have faith in Jesus. I don't have faith in some kid sitting in his bedroom doing some spectacular supernatural act and then claiming he did it but has no witness or proof.

About the "Why should I prove". Why shouldn't you if you can? People come to this site and make crazy claims and just expect others to trust them with out a shred?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Hey, believe it or not, I am on your side on this. But speaking as someone who's been there and done that, I just get a little bit... bent... when I am constantly being asked to prove myself (wether it involves magic or regular mundane activities), so out of complete sincerity, don't take offense.

I was once asked to prove myself concerning energy blasts. From 5 feet away I had replied "okay", and his lip swelled up and began to bleed. I've also had to prove an ability with astral projection by pulling other people into my realm, so that they could remember it in the morning. Another "proof" I've had to give was by holding a picture of a friend's girlfriend and telling him what she was doing... we were in the Persian Gulf when this happened, any guesses as to what she was doing (it was later confirmed).

But those examples won't give you any satisfaction. I would need to physically be in your pressence to do anything remotely what you would justify as truth.

Which, I would... but since we are unable to meet, it is just an empty boast.

And (sorry) to use your comment about Jesus, how can you trust that? Jesus was, as far as any person knows, was just a person in a book who could do things. All you know about Jesus was read from a book. So how is it you can believe in one thing without proof, and not another?

Again, no offense. I'm a Reverend.

[edit on 2007/12/22 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No offense at all taken

Like you said "sometimes you need to have faith". The book that I read about Jesus in also refers to witnesses seeing his acts, that doesn't hurt.

What i am getting at is, today we have ways to prove such things with out having to be present for the act. Writing is what they had then, today we have cameras.

I am not saying I don't believe anyone to have any special abilities, what I am saying is why make a claim that CAN be proven and then not prove it?

I thank you for your posts Soothsayer.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Lol I was almost sure that You would take my comment as offensive , guess i should have known better and put more smiley faces to it so You would understand

the "you" was meant as a generalization meaning scpetics not You in person.

sorry if I offended You I was trying to expleain why proving anything over the internet is pointless/very hard in todays world .

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I don't usually get offended on the net because e-fighting is quite annoying to me. lol. So no offense taken. I have only been truly upset by one member of ATS ever and it was about a racial thing and they are now a banned member I believe.

But, you do have me wrong. I am not a skeptic(at least not like most). I would just like to see people to at least TRY to prove their claims.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Your challenge is useless. I myself claim to have a "Power" or "Gift". I can see with my eyes closed. Not on command, but it does happen occasionally. There is no definite way to prove this. I could make a video of myself walking through a room, or pouring myself a glass of water, but for all you know, it was rehearsed.

Are you trying to be "E-cool" by acting superior to people who you believe are posting lies?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hexidecimal

I haven't acted as though I am superior to anyone as far as I can tell. No man is superior to another. If that is the impression you got then I apologize.

As for your gift, I am talking about things that can be supported by evidence but aren't. Yours would really be a tough one to even bother with until you can control it enough to do it on command.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hexidecimal

No... he isn't being 'superior'. He is just being a truth seeker.

And like I mentioned earlier... I agree with him. There are people on ATS who have made some pretty outrageous claims. Prove it.

Just like we have these people with some pretty amazing threads, the hard to swallow kind... and yet, it seems everyone here is enthralled with the posters. Has anyone verified any of the claims?

Yet, we also have You tube posts! I'm a believer now... I know no one would fake anything on You tube... or fake an 'external quote'.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Alot of the most fantastic claims have nothing to do with powers, which is why this is kind of silly.

The things that are presented which people want proof of are fantastic IDEAS or 'facts' as they are presented by people. For instance, a person posts that he is a special spirit here to tell us about the reality of all the dimensions. There is no way for us to make him prove he is a special spirit, or any way to prove that the 5th dimension is anything in particular.

This kind of 'prove it' scenario happens all the time on message boards when there's no real way for people to prove anything online... saying 'prove it' is just the fastest way of declaring disbelief, and it is usually treated as such.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'm a pyro. But that is not really a supernatural power. I just like to burn and blow stuff up.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

I watched the video, and must say that was really awesome. He started a fire with his Chi!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join