Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hangover Remedies and Cures?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh, too many times have I come home absolutely annihilated at 2-3am and had to be at work at around 8am.

Best way to deal with it is, if you are able, drink LOADS of water before bed.
If you're not at work the next day, sleep off the hangover. I find this the BEST cure EVER.

Secondly, if you feel sick... BE SICK! I mean really get your fingers down your throat and spew as much as is needed, (don't over do it tho! One day I was so ill, I involuntarily spewed so much, I puked blood!) you will feel abit better and your body won't have to digest that nasty stuff!

Keep drinking water while you are hungover. Your body is under a lot of strain trying to recuperate from the night before and needs water and rest. While you are asleep your body works a billion times faster.

If you are about to drink too much, my gift to you for Christmas is this:

Always think of this when you are about to over endulge.
:w: =

Happy Holidays!

(Disclaimer: said speed of recovery while asleep was infact made up, but it is faster than when one is awake!)

[edit on 24-12-2007 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh, I heard lettuce was pretty gnarly for giving hangovers a kick in the nuts!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Lettuce is mostly water, so I'd assume it's the re hydration that is the major help.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dunno if its been done BUT.........................................

How about an Irish or English Breakfast?

Black or White Pudding, thickly sliced Danish honey smoked back bacon, fried bread, freshly picked, sliced and butter fried mushrooms, pork & beef sausages, beans and tomatoes all together with 3 or 4 large fried eggs!

Magic......can't beat it! Works every time.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Man that sounds great!

Here in the sunny southwest, a hangover meal consists of "menudo"

Boiled pig guts with hominy and red chili powder, eaten like a soup.

Washed down with Budwiser.

I prefer the hangover to eating "menudo" maybe it's a cultural thing.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

That sounds stomach churning even when you're sober. 4 eggs ? Jeepers, I'd be puking like Niagara ...

Uncle Niall's best hangover cure is to avoid getting one in the first place. Don't mix your drink at all ... and certainly don't mix your spirits. And stay away from darker spirits if you possibly can. Vodka and whatever mixer you prefer is normally a safer bet.

As to beer, any more than five pints and you deserve what's coming to you ...

Before you go to bed, couple of glasses of water or a bedside cup of tea and you'll be fine in the morning.

This advice is borne from adolescent experience. I once woke up in the trough type urinal of a gentlemans public lavatory following a Friday night out, after drinking rum, whisky, jack daniels and about 10 pints of Scotlands finest ... with a couple of McD's Big Macs thrown into the mix for good measure.

Even the Police wouldn't arrest me for drunkeness, due to me being covered head to toe in urine (not even mine .... ugh). The hangover was so bad I was still unwell 2 days later.

But hey. We learn by our own mistakes.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa Washed down with Budwiser.

Urrgghhh! That's DISGUSTING!

Washing it down with Bud...............................:w:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197 I once woke up in the trough type urinal of a gentlemans public lavatory following a Friday night out: cheers:

Sounds like your'e bragging to me mate. Thats nuffing me old china.

You should try draft Keo, Oozo and the ever so deep storm drains on Cyprus.

Four nights and five days on the razz in 1976 - spent £480 - LOADS OF MONEY!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Eugh... When I'm hungover atleast one person will say to me, "have a good ol' fry up!" Just thinking about it when I'm in that very bad state makes me want to throw up. Is that why it works so well?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I really don't mean to sound contrite but what I just sober up before going to bed. I will not go to bed till I am mostly sober.

And not all of us get to imbibe.
:bnghd:
:w:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Great advice. Alcohol disrupts the standard sleep cycle and can decrease the amount of REM sleep someone can get. This will, of course, lead to daytime fatigue and a more intense hangover.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I used to work as an anesthesia technician in my 20's at a major city hospital. A japanese intern hipped me on to a sure fire/quick cure one morning after a night of debauchery after my buddies birthday. A liter of lactated ringers on ice. Tastes like sh%$ but I'll tell you what, I felt like I was reborn.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

What's a lactated ringer?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It is an electrolyte solution typically given intravenously.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I just logged in now, and saw the recipe for menudo.

READ MY LIPS:

No way on God's green earth..will I put that to my lips, and live to tell!

That, my dear friends, is DEFINATELY, puking material.

Wasn't that a band name in the 80's?...lololol

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Well Duck, I'm not really recommending it; just spreading a little cultural info.

I have tried it once and I was still pretty hammered and all I can remember is that the tripe was very chewy but the hominy was good and red chili is tasty on anything.

I'm happy to report that this xmas day, I feel great as I didn't imbibe to excess on the Eve.

It would be interesting to note if anyone's on the board tried any of the remedys and which one's worked.

Merry Christmas
whaaa

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hey Whaaa!! Merry Christmas to you to hon!

Some people have told me that I have a 'cast iron' gut, that I can pretty much stomach alot of things (when I'm sober), but when a hangover comes about, I look like death warmed over. lolol

My stomach has it's own 'over-ride' fail-safe system. Even if I want to eat something, the ol' tum tum kicks in and says: Nope, No, Nadda.

I found if I ate a little something before I head to bed, it's not too bad in the morning when I get up, however, I don't like the fact of having my digestive system doing a marathon work-out while it's trying to rid my body of all da booze throughout the night.

Imagine all the calories in alcaholic drinks, let alone the ones in the food we inhale before we hit the sack.

The major barf-trigger foods that have done a number on me before I go to sleep are:

* Pasta
* Onions (These are probably the worst)
* Pizza
* Burgers

I avoid them like the plaque. Or else >>

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When you roll down the steps in the morning and find 58 little white castle baggies you know you're hosed. LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

What the???!?!??!

Now THERE'S a little prizey I've drooled over when I saw them advertised on TV. DAMN! They look soooooooo tasty! (watched 'Harold and Kumar')

Problem is...we don't get them in Canada.

Way back, on one of the channels, there was a program that showed 'how they made white castle burgers'. Major drooling time.

The next time I visit the States, I've gotta make a special trip to da Castle. lololol

But, as I said in my previous post, up there somewhere:

"I'll start out eating burgers/onions, then tossing me cookies!"

I'm swallowing my own spit/saliva right now thinking about those wee burgers....

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here's my remedy for this evening:

1. Large bottle of water beside my bed/drink a glass of water before I go to 'la la land'. (Where the hell is the Ibuprophen?)

2. ABSOLUTLEY NO 'snacking' allowed. I'll wait til I'm 'famished'.

3. Sleep, Sleep, and more SLEEP - Sleep the mother off.

4. Let you all know how it goes.

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join