It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Knowledge and The Conspiracy To Confuse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deezee
Many new agers on the other hand, often choose beliefs based on how ridiculous they are, proffes them as the ultimate truth, and then blame science, of what they themselves are really doing.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by deezee]

Really?
Hmmm... that is your opinion. I don't share it, but, hey, who am I?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If someone believes he knows EVERYTHING, or at least doesn't allow the possibility that he is wrong, he is effectivelly blinding himself from ever discovering the real truth. And that's exactly what beliefs do.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by deezee]

Someone who claims to "know everything" is not only a liar, but a fool...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Really?
Hmmm... that is your opinion. I don't share it, but, hey, who am I?

So you believe everything you find in any random new age book you read?

Or do you think it's possible, that at least some of those writers are either delusional or even scharlatans, only doing it to extract money from the gullible?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Someone who claims to "know everything" is not only a liar, but a fool...

Exactly!

But what about someone, who believes so strongly in something, that he is unable to even consider a different possibility?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Or do you think it's possible, that at least some of those writers are either delusional or even scharlatans, only doing it to extract money from the gullible?

Oh, it's not only possible, it's likely. I think it depends upon what they are talking about. I don't dismiss the whole "new age" movement nor its theories just because I find some of the claims made by self-professed "new agers" absurd.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Like originally stated, everything conflicts with everything else, this thread conflicts with the theory of dysgenics. How is society getting smarter, yet dysgenics is said to be happening now, which happens over time. I know there's a thread about dysgenics, I'm just saying, more conflicting theories. I don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
SpeakerOfTruth

What a great topic.

Originally posted by marg6043
Who is confused around here? are you confused SpeakerOftruth ? I have read many of your posts and you seem to be well spoken and knowledgeable.

Sorry to bring this to you but the only people that allow themselves to be confuse is those that chose too be confuse or are too lazy to compare information and come to their own conclusions.

I don't agree.

I'm often confused....or rather, UNDECIDED on many issues. But it isn't because I'm lazy or needlessly unwilling to commit to conclusions. In fact, I actually find "laziness" to be more often involved for those who so easily come to conclusions.

In general, the problem SpeakerOfTruth describes is not a new one. There has always been the problem of deciding what to believe. The scale of the information available might be different, but the problem is still essentially the same.

Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can be sure about anything.

For me, the world is a construct of probabilities. I try to govern myself based upon what is most probable. But I also NEVER, NEVER foreclose upon the possibility of the least probable options.

Welcome to the human condition...

[edit on 26-12-2007 by loam]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can be sure about anything.

Frankly,loam, I don't think that we can be certifiably sure of anything. Can I say without question that I am actually sitting here typing this message? My senses tells me that I am, but I cannot know with any degree of certainty that I am outside of what my perception dictates.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
the whole idea that someone outside yourself has a consparicy to confuse you is in and of itself confusion.

There is a consparicy to confuse but it is eacy person's self that is the confuser.

When you work to rid yourself of negitive thinking patters and feelings everything becomes crystal clear.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have not read everything that people have put on here but will add some views.

To stop being confused you must take a path and if that path is wrong to you some how because another has openned then start to seach them all and see how they affect the orginal journey.

What you also need is some real experiences, some people experience the paranormal and some feel that God is out there or their prayers have been answered some how.

Yes some information will rock your beliefs but I think you really need to look deeper in the orginal path or give it up totally for a new one.

I choose the Bible as it covers every paranoramal event people experience and historically it provides evidence more than other ancient books written.

So I stick to that path and it also leads to the path to man's future too.
If undone by new evidence I can always use it to say where it all went wrong, but nothing to me shows a greater scope to look within.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Incarnated, to be honest, you seem a bit too trusting of others. Be careful, it might get you into a situation you can't get out of one day.

If you are going to argue that there aren't people in the world who obfuscate things simply for the sake of power, then you are very naive indeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Incarnated, to be honest, you seem a bit too trusting of others. Be careful, it might get you into a situation you can't get out of one day.

If you are going to argue that there aren't people in the world who obfuscate things simply for the sake of power, then you are very naive indeed.

None hide anything in the eyes of God and in God all my faith is put.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

In the eyes of God, no. In the eyes of man, yes, they do. Man is not capable of seeing the full picture. Therefore, men deceive other men.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

In the eyes of God, no. In the eyes of man, yes, they do. Man is not capable of seeing the full picture. Therefore, men deceive other men.

Jesus was the "son of man" thus Jesus was a man. Are you saying Jesus couldn't see those things?

You should watch your broad reaching groups.

Jesus could see those things and I can too. You could if you cleared that stuff out your eye.

However, and beware, if you ask for the sight and get it, it might not be what you thought it would.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Incarnated, it is all well and good that you want to think the best of your fellow man and all, but if you're going to do it, you're going to do it in denial of the truth.

The truth is that for at least the last 1600 years, well, really, in my opinion, # started rolling down hill in 325 A.D with the Nicean council, a certain segment of the human population has been in an ever increasing bid for power and control over the masses.

This power bid, which really was started by the "church," has spread into politics,science, media, education, et cetera. To deny this is simply turning a blind eye to what is actually happening because, in all llikelihood, it frightens you.

I could continue on, but I think that shall suffice.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Blind eye for it frightens me? Ha! you see what it is you want to see.

"Speaker of Truth"? Did not our God our Father make us all one? Doesn't our God get the right to Judge others? Do you some how thing God has past this job to you?

You've confest you know not what's in the heart of another man. I do know. All this Bullsnipe is just confusion and fear.

Did not our God say this would happen? Is this outside of our God's Plan?

If that is or is not the case it isn't for you to Judge your own brothers so.

To point the finger outside yourself and say "evil" is one of the most evil things man can do. Is that what you want to be doing? IS this what YOU think is "TRUTH"?

Each will be Judged for themself. Those that Judge their fellow mankind as you are doing now will be Judged accordingly.

You know that is "Speaking the truth".

It is my fearless heart that alows for walking through the world unconserned about others because I know they will get what is coming to them and I focus on how I can be a better man for our GOD.

It is YOUR FEAR of "wrong doing" that makes you point your finger outside yourself and say :"evil", when you truly need to turn that finger around for it is YOU THAT ARE DOING THE EVIL you see.

Our God is coming back to judge the accuser of our bretheren, you stand here pointing at my brothers and accusing them, and you think that is "Speaker of Truth?"....

I love you. Do well by yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is my fearless heart that alows for walking through the world unconserned about others because I know they will get what is coming to them and I focus on how I can be a better man for our GOD.

I suppose you think he is going to throw us into some "fiery pit." Sorry, fella, not my God... I know not such a god... My God is love, mercy and most of all FORGIVENESS... If you are who you claim to be, such words as that which exited your mouth or, in this case, left your fingers would have never done such. You have a good night, sir/mam

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You assume "firey pit". I say Judge.

Your God is Forgiving? So you are nothing like your God for all you do is accuse?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Incarnated, I feel as though you have hi-jacked this thread. It has went from being a good discussion to one disscusing and arguing personal theology..

We all know that you don't think there are any conspiracies and that all men are looking out for other men and blah,blah, blah. So, what's the real reason for your posting on this thread?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

You've confest you know not what's in the heart of another man. I do know.

So, what's in my heart? I suppose you think nothing but anger and hate rests there, huh? I mean, you know so much, tell me what is in my heart. Tell me how I feel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join