Mass Knowledge and The Conspiracy To Confuse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Speaker,

I have pondered the same points myself. I watch so many documentaries, and in between the reptilians, sons of the serpent, 2012, illuminati, skull and bones, Bush family, religion, biology, disinfo and real info, I find myself asking who is right or wrong?

I don't believe anything is 'the truth' until more independent unrelated people find it for themselves.

I believe that ones who really are 'truthful' are the ones saying to the rest to look it up for themselves and not believe their stories.

Until you walk through the door, you're relying on someone else's analysis.

Walk through the door.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Ask anybody when was the last time they spend time reading? actually reading a book? that was of historical, philosophical or even a classic in nature.

Very true,marg. You rarely, if ever, see it. When you do see someone doing something like that, you can almost invariably count on ten other people standing around looking at them strangely.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

Spacebits it is a shame that so much is being obfuscated and concealed. What you point towards really hits at the heart of the post. My question is, why. Why do certain people and groups of people desire to conceal and hide certain kind of knowledge, yet they release their information in mass quantity...

What makes their information any more relevent or "beneficial" than that which they choose to censor?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I think that they tend to hide true knowledge from us and keep it for themselves, as we all know "knowledge is power" and "power corrupts absolutely".

While we try and figure out whats been going on, in the past and present, keeps us bizy, while the elite of the world can focus on the future of there families/empires.

Without knowledge we are nothing but ignorant.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Space, I tend to agree with you.

Now obviously, they are not keeping ALL knowledge from us, but, the problem is that with the knowledge they are releasing they always release a "refutation" of it at the same time. This keeps people perpetually confused as to what is correct and what is just blather..

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have a question. Is there a concerted effort to keep the masses perpetally confused as to what is true and what is false? You have this one scientist/group which says "Blah, blah, blah." is true, then you have another scientist/group which says, "blah blah, blah," is true. Which one do you believe? If you choose one to believe, do you ever really know if you have chosen the correct one?

I think it is much simpler than this. Take 9/11 on ATS here we have…

1. Planes hitting the towers with terrorist doing it and those crashes caused the towers to fall.
a. The terrorist were from extreme Islam background
b. The Terrorist were from somewhere in our government.

2. Planes hit the towers but it was controlled dets that actually made them collapse.
a. Many different views on who was responsible, NWO, Bush/Chaney, Other part of the Governments, or other Governments etc.
b. Dets were C4
c. Dets were micro nukes

3. No planes for all was projected images
a. Once again multi choices to pick from who was responsible
b. Alien technology created the ability to project these images.
c. Alien tech caused the towers to collapse.

4. Anti-Christ is here and this was just part of his plan.

I think the world is the same way in everyone seems to all want their own pet conspiracy and then put their efforts to design it even when it totally conflicts with everything else.

For me I just continue to sit back and let the best data take me where it wants me to go.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Xtro, I suppose that may be a part of it. Everyone has a desire and "need" to be "right." However, the fact is, very few of us, if any, are completely right about any one thing. Why? Again, I put it back on the shoulders of the massive influx of information we have been barraged by over the last, oh, 50 years or so.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well, I suppose unless something is throughly researched and proven without much question, it shouldn't even be released to the general public. I mean, if you have a theory and there are major points of contention, which is a fact with most theories, then how can they be parroted around as the "truth?"

Probably better for a person without any science background to not release the info to the public. All too often what happens is the actual research or study gets twisted in the reporters own (usually false or misleading) interpretation.

As for parroting scientific theories as the "truth" -- that has a lot to do with people not understanding the meaning of the term with regards to science. It's basically an analysis of scientific facts in relation to one another. That's what theories are under science.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

Xtro, I suppose that may be a part of it. Everyone has a desire and "need" to be "right." However, the fact is, very few of us, if any, are completely right about any one thing. Why? Again, I put it back on the shoulders of the massive influx of information we have been barraged by over the last, oh, 50 years or so.

Everyone has a desire and "need" to be "right."

Why? even with faced with an insurmountable amount of evidence to the contrary?

What motivates some of us?

Why is it so important to get even a false message across?

I do believe there is a lot of propaganda about, and people fall for it.

If someone we hate is involved we will want to believe it is true.

Yes there is information overload, causing confusion.

[edit on 033131p://bMonday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Storm, take a good look at the major world religions, for example. They all charge that they are "holders of the truth." Why? How can that be? It is simply a desire to be "special," or viewed as being such. Really, if you want my honest opinion, it is no different in any other sector of society.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Storm, take a good look at the major world religions, for example. They all charge that they are "hoders of the truth." Why? How can that be? It is simply a desire to be "special," or viewed as being such. Really, if you want my honest opinion, it is no different in any other sector of society.

That's what I am trying to figure out, speaker, human nature.

that they are "hoders of the truth."

We can take a look at our brain from a scientific approach and see what makes us tick.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

That's what I am trying to figure out, speaker, human nature.

That in and of itself is jumping deep,deep into the rabbit's hole. The study of human nature is an expansive topic... Here is another example of what I am alluding to in mt initial post.

Human nature is the set of psychological characteristics, including ways of thinking and acting, that all normal human beings have in common.[1] The branches of science associated with the study of human nature include sociology, sociobiology and psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology and developmental psychology.Philosophers and theologians have also carried out research on human nature.

Conflicting

Notice what I have placed in bold type in the excerpt? All of those thing will tell you that human nature is something different. If you click on the source link, you will find that it becomes even more complex and confusing the further you delve into the subject. It's not only this subject, but any subject of any substance at all is like this.

You have all of these different theories and groups trying to tell you what human nature is; anyone who takes any active interest in the topic, meaning someone who studies most or all of the schools of thought, will become quickly confused as to who is right and who is wrong.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks speaker, I will check it out, but what if we were programed?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You have all of these different theories and groups trying to tell you what human nature is; anyone who takes any active interest in the topic, meaning someone who studies most or all of the schools of thought, will become quickly confused as to who is right and who is wrong.

Yes, I understand.

What if wisdom is being withheld?

Think the tower of Babel. confounded and confused.

Please forgive me if I get all metaphysical here, do you mind?

It's just a word,

What if the ancient seers were onto something? What if they had contact we no longer have,Yet?

"For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (Isa. 11:9; Hab. 2:14).

As far as wisdom and knowledge and understanding,

1 John,
The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

For to a person who is good in His sight He has given wisdom and knowledge and joy, while to the sinner He has given the task of gathering and collecting so that he may give to one who is good in God's sight.

This too is vanity and striving after wind.

You see I think we are limited, we are at the very threshold of understanding the mysteries of the universe, yet we only get a glimpse

The Gods must laugh,

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You have this one scientist/group which says "Blah, blah, blah." is true, then you have another scientist/group which says, "blah blah, blah," is true. Which one do you believe? If you choose one to believe, do you ever really know if you have chosen the correct one?

You should try applying the same logic and rationall thought, when it comes to beliefs. You definatelly seem more than capable of it.

Why should beliefs deserve looser criteria than science? If anything, the criteria should be even stricter.

Don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from. Been there myself. And i think you're on the right track.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, certainly. Science in many ways is like religion. It does not want to accept anything that is contrary to the drivel it has promulagated for centuries. Then they'd might have to admit, "Gee, I guess we were wrong."

This is where you're wrong.

Good science, when trying to prove a theory, must allways also try to disproove it at the same time, before deciding which is more likelly.

Otherwise it's bad science, or a bad scientist.

Besides, real science doesn't pretend to profess the truth, only the most likely descriptions thereoff, while it is allways on the lookout for better ones.

Many new agers on the other hand, often choose beliefs based on how ridiculous they are, proffes them as the ultimate truth, and then blame science, of what they themselves are really doing.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by deezee]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

Good science, when trying to prove a theory, must allways also try to disproove it at the same time, before deciding which is more likelly.

True,

I have done that

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

well, speaker of truth, you are right, i'm 55 years old and have seen alot of history unfold. it has come down to the point where words and speeches garner attention..but action is the only thing that produces change. i, being of modest means, can only engage in the former, and being 55 and knowing my limitations cannot engage in the latter

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

True,

I have done that

Is there any other way, to really get to the truth?

SpeakerOfTruth had a very good point in the first post: How to decide between conflicting views / beliefs..

All i'm trying to say is, that we should allways analyze all of the possibilities, before deciding which one is the most likely and not just believe stuff, simply because it feels good.

For example: If a scientist finds a relativelly good theory, and starts believing in it so completelly, that he is not even willing to consider an alternative explanation, he would by definition be a bad scientist.

At the same time, many people, who think how very spirituall they are, often have beliefs, which don't even make sense, but they believe in them so completelly, that they are not willing to consider a different explanation. But they call themselves open minded and the scientists narrow minded, altho at least the good scientists never pretend to know the truth.

If someone believes he knows EVERYTHING, or at least doesn't allow the possibility that he is wrong, he is effectivelly blinding himself from ever discovering the real truth. And that's exactly what beliefs do.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by deezee]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What if the ancient seers were onto something? What if they had contact we no longer have,Yet?

Oh, they were certainly onto something. The mystic voices of ancient time have been quelled by the arrogance of modern man. It's a shame, really.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join