Mass Knowledge and The Conspiracy To Confuse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Speaker of Truth,

I know exactly what you are getting at. What I believe the issue is are words, plain and simple. Words written by one person can mean or be understood many different ways, this is where I believe the confusion starts.

Words can twisted or people can be twisted mentally or physically, by words. Deception.

I think the only way to truly communicate is through a meditative state, without the dogma of any religion and the ego, mind or whatever you wish to call it in a quiet state. I think then only the truth will be known.

I myself have reached a relaxed state in which my whole being was rebooted and felt better than I ever have in my life, well connected, grounded, sure of what I was, void of any fears. I have only done this a couple of times in my life and it was through self-guided meditation. I knew I was more than my physical body, after this self achieved state and felt energized.

The more I seem to focus on the physical distractions of life and get involved with what words and man create, the more I feel further from this relaxed, centered state. I think this is what confusion or the state of confusion is.

If I could wish anything on the people of this world it would be the calming of the human ego and mind and a fast track to universal understanding without words.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I'm confused. Please taser my genital region .

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Speaker of Truth,

I know exactly what you are getting at. What I believe the issue is are words, plain and simple. Words written by one person can mean or be understood many different ways, this is where I believe the confusion starts.

True. Language is a barrier to conveying anything, especially real abstract subjects.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

For what it is worth, I agree speaker, and the world wide WEB is like a WEB of deceit we become trapped in, take heed that no man deceive you for men shall run to and fro," searching the web", and knowledge shall be increased,

The love of many will wax cold, and there will be a great falling away from the truth, and many will scoff, giving heed to seducing spirits.

For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, because they chose to believe a lie, having their conscience seared, they call good evil and evil good, they put darkness for light, and light for darkness, they put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

“Peace I give unto you. My peace I leave with you.”

It is all there in the word, it was fortold and people despise it, the word said they would.

[edit on 113131p://bSunday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Storm, yeah, well I'm not too sure that wasn't happening long before the internet... I'd say that we have been living in deception for at least the last 1600 years.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am sure speaker, but it has increased.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am sure speaker, but it has increased.

Yes, it has, storm. It certainly has.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

living in deception for 1600 years? just what kind of deception have we been living in? i dont think we are living in deception. some people just see deception because that is what they want to see. its all a matter of perspective.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Koncept, honestly, I think the masses are being lied to repeatedly.. However, that's not necessarily what this thread is about, so I will cease and desist.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

so what is this thread about? why "cease and desist"? are you just talking out of the wrong end? what is the deal?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I suggest you change you tone there,fella.. If you don't think I won't report your ass to a mod, you got another thing coming... I can't help it if you can't figure out what the thread is about and you want to attack someone for pointing out something that is really quite obvious.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If you can't see that we are being lied to by science,politicians and theologians then I can't really help ya..

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

im not trying to attack you. promise. im just trying to learn a bit from the "speakeroftruth". i dont really get what you mean by deception since 1600.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

how are the scientists, politicians and theologians lying to us? i just dont see why you feel this way. i certainly dont feel like they are lying to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I think what you are doing maybe more akin to coming up with something as a certainty to follow from, to ease your sense of confusion. Well, a simple thing I often look for are the semantics of the writer in question and then try to determine if they actually understand themseves first, then whether they understand the information they are purporting to indicate an understanding of. If someone overgeneralizes or tries to simplify then that can also be a clue as to something that might be overlooked on their part.

Aristotelian logic assumes only the two classes of observation "true" and "false", post-Copenhagenist science tends to assume four classes, "true", "false", "indeterminate" and "meaningless". Nietzsche called them "swindles" instead of "meaningless".

"A good poem" has no meaning in science, but has many, many meanings for poetry-lovers---a different meaning, in fact, for each reader.....

Just as there doesn't make much sense to have "one correct instrument" or "one true religion" or "one deep reality."

I think that makes life vastly better and more interesting as well as confusing. Maybe people in the past were scared and confused because they were so certain about so many things. Today you could almost say the opposite maybe makes more sense. People maybe more inclined to think understanding maybe impossible, but all I can say would be not to doubt yourself or let yourself get overwhelmed by it all, in fact try to have as much fun as you can get away with, after all there maybe no sense in getting bummed out about the complexity of our ignorance and misunderstanding. People will come around to a Post-Aristotelian view but that may take more time than our lives, hopefully with our technology we will overcome this problem of confusion in a decade or less, or heck in a few months. No one can really know what lies ahead but I can say that if we get through this period the rewards will be fantastic if not beautiful to say the least.

Think of it like this maybe as well, I'm surrounded by thousands of books in my personal library, but yet in this virtual reality there are far more nuances and digressions, so some sort of meditation and relaxation maybe just automatic for us from here on out. It maybe no longer some new age joking matter, if you do not want to go down a rabbit hole than maybe you need to unplug every once in awhile. I did for a entire year after 7 years of complete connection, it was kind of revolutionary in my own little world to kind of drop out for awhile, at least I felt those neurological changes. Sometimes you need to step back from something to see what exactly that you might be doing and whether or not you are pursuing what you intend or dream of. If you don't doubt yourself then your brain will probably stop getting any new signals and that can lead to all manner of certainty that leads to getting lost, not growing and learning.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
BubbaBuddha, sound advice indeed. When I was reading and absorbing everything I could, probably seven years ago, I felt like I was losing my mind. I told my frien, "I can't still my mind!!" Seriously, I would think about one thing, and then my mind would jump to something else. I went like that for the biggest part of my youth. My friend replied, "Take a break. Get away from your books and do something else."

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha

Nietzsche called them "swindles" instead of "meaningless".

I don't typcally agree with Nietzshian philosophy, but that would make sense. The reason the word "swindles" being aplied to "meaningless" information makes sense is because meaningless information swindles away understanding.

People always say that Einstein didn't know his multiples because he always claimed that it just "cluttered" the mind. In other words, it "swindled" away any understanding he had previous to that cluttering of the mind.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't know if I would say that "meaningless" can be applied to information in the same way, what I mean maybe more like meaningless within a context of discovery. Something can be found meaning nothing to one observer and put on a shelf and rediscoverd later as meaningful, even the most bizarre random schizophrenic ramblings can contain meaning depending on the understanding of the reader. Where one person sees garbage another might find enlightenment, whether that maybe probable or even relative depends on the awareness of the observer. When I place items into folders or shelves I tend to not order them specifically for the purpose of creating novelty, this will drive others around you crazy, but for me I find something interesting about randomness, not something meaningless. All consciousness can be thought of as a kind of random possibility, and that maybe one of the most beautiful new understandings of our world that we have today, I hope that maybe this can become more or less common to everyone at some point or at least understood from their perspective.

I thought of something humorous for a subtitle for something I'm scribbling about lately, it's a rip off of S.Kubrick's, "How I learned to stop worrying and love the awareness". PLus also, other people can derive meaning from nonsense even when presented with something stated as such. In other words we can trick each other into thinking something that doesn't really exist merely by persuasion alone, especially in groups. So, something that might appear ridiculous to me might be absoultely sacred to a scientologist, or Muslim, or Christian, etc. In some ways though many of these people are not really in total belief of their absurdity, try convincing someone whom lies in a catatonic state to stay still while you lift a hammer to strike them, funny how they tend to break their catatonic spell pretty fast. Most people put on a show, a theatrical presentation so to speak, maybe the world really could be a stage and we all are either with it and know that or blissfully ignorant. Whatever the case may be have fun and play with the synergy that maybe available in the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Depending your age right now I will say we all go through a stages like yours sometime or another, during our learning years when we are more open to absorber information in great quantities, yes it can be overwhelming.

At least you did I did and many has done also in our free time and our leisure.

But right now people are not longer willing to find what they looking for on their own but rather let sources do the reading, finding and interpretation for them.

Ask anybody when was the last time they spend time reading? actually reading a book? that was of historical, philosophical or even a classic in nature.

But at the same time, when was the last time you have been able to find somebody to talk about anything meaningful lately without going into a fighting contest mode of who is right and who is wrong.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe confusion comes when we decide whats is good and what is not.
Our history has been deleted and replaced with bits and pieces that will probably never make sense no matter how much you study it, for years now, books have been removed from the shelves of young imaginative minds.

I never would have thought that in this day and age that we would still Ban and burn knowledge.

It's no wonder why we are so confused, just when we think we have it, they change the rules and you need to relearn them, adjust, and comply. Failure to do so, will have you labeled as a person in need of medical attention, or out of the loop of things. The one thing history can not deny is that if you think differently then the rest of the sheep you will be executed/institutionalized or worst.

Do we really need to ban knowledge, no matter whether it's is fiction/non-fiction?

My understanding is that imagination is all we really have and with out it, we would have no reason to go forward.

The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books of 1990–2000

Censorship

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join