It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian General reports on schedule delivery of T-95 tank and project 955 sub.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Back to the theme.

Nuts, bolts, metal, some associative thinking.

Typhoon has a full gym, a sauna. It’s requirement. Artificial solarium with plants, flowers, vegetables, etc.

It’s not a submarine, it’s a spaceship of death.

Long term isolation.

2001: A Space Odyssey - HAL 9000, then jump right to Tarkovskys Solyaris.

Does it live because it kills, or does it kill because it lives?

Why is the CO2 scrubber sensor linked into the second stage automatic release sequence?

Crew includes doctors, plural. Mandatory/redundant physical/psychological exams, which are confidentially examined by a third party, and entered into the database.

Physicals and psychological crew training/conditioning developed by the same people that work on long space station stretches.

There it is, the question…

That’s a kind of question that secures a life policy that no money can buy.

Life of War, a hell of a way to exist.

955 is a radical departure from the doom of Typhoon and I’m only happy for that. Maybe in the next decade will get to the sleepers, seeders, etc

Optimization was a required course in Soviet universities. A fully automated Soviet nuclear sub was coded to run on an equivalent of a single 486.

I only hope that we’ll have enough time to dismantle our numerous “Dr. Strangelove” scenarios before we build one that lives, in a way that simply no longer includes us.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander

I think you have already drowned. Forsaking the help of the west at the expense of life.

Back to the theme

I’m guessing reading comprehension is not your forte.

Typhoon has a full gym, a sauna. It’s requirement. Artificial solarium with plants, flowers, vegetables, etc.

I’m sorry, did I give you the impression that I actually care?

It’s not a submarine, it’s a spaceship of death.

I believe it is an artificial coral reef.

Why is the CO2 scrubber sensor linked into the second stage automatic release sequence?

Of-course, this is the reason for poor Russian solid propellant missile performance!

Crew includes doctors, plural. Mandatory/redundant physical/psychological exams, which are confidentially examined by a third party, and entered into the database.

Those doctors would be more useful on the mainland, don’t you think?

That’s a kind of question that secures a life policy that no money can buy.

The west offered help for free, there was no money spend.

I only hope that we’ll have enough time to dismantle our numerous “Dr. Strangelove” scenarios before we build one that lives, in a way that simply no longer includes us.

What are you like 90 now? Hey gramps, I know 8 tracks are all the rage in Russia, but please use contemporary references.

FOAB=2.6 km blast radius, got it
BACK TO THE REAL THEME: TRIDENT C-4 AND BULAVA?

russianforces.org...

Care to comment on the article?

[edit on 13-1-2008 by KINGTIGER10]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGTIGER10

Intresting chart on the link you posted. Is that what they state publically. the diameter of the launch canister is 2.1 meters. Good Grief. THat is a new one to me. Not sure if it is accurate. But that is a big canister.
I have seen the launch canisters on certain of our boomers but will not comment for obvious reasons... so that one caught me by surprise on the Russian model.

The weight has not changed all that much over the years. I surmise that the big change has been in the accuracy capability of the guidance systems.

Very intresting chart..thanks for that link.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KINGTIGER10

Look at the SS-18/19/20/24/25 They have bigger payloads yields, and Range that the C-4, Minuteman 2/3, Trident d-5 and most of them have solid propelants

Perhaps YOU should look at them. SS-25 is a 45 tonne missile with a mere 1000kg payload. No solid propellant russian icbms have even close to the payload capacity of U.S. icbms when adjusted for weight.

SS-19 has a 4950 kg payload 105.6 TONNES

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGTIGER10

I think you have already drowned. Forsaking the help of the west at the expense of life

What was that? Really, are you assuming entirely to much or is it just a thing of yours?

I’m guessing reading comprehension is not your forte.

You are correct, it’s not just a strong point; it is the very foundation, necessity and calling of my life. That actually gave me an idea for one of those personalized Avatars ATS allows members to put up.

It’ll be my tribute to the Ancient Ones.

I’m sorry, did I give you the impression that I actually care?

Actually you obviously didn’t, care is one of the casualties of the “generation next” social engineering project.

Read some Huxley (especially BNW revisited), Lemm, Azimov.

Actually, just read anything of the classics. It a cleansing experience, give it a try.

If reading proves to be difficult don’t be hard on your self, caring people made literature that matters into the following feature films to help you out (just of the top of my head);

Harrison Bergeron, Every Morning of the World/A pure formality (Gerard Depardieu), The Dualists, Jacobs ladder/Catch-22, MASH, Brazil, Kafka, Naked Lunch, Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, Equilibrium, Air America, Fear and Loathing, Solaris (Clooney butchered it, go for Tarkovsky), Stalker (hey, there is a video game based on Stalker, interested?), Empire of the rising sun, what else… any way, you should be set for a about year with these.

You’ve seen Matrix right?

I believe it is an artificial coral reef.

Sleepers. They don’t bounce back the signal. They dig in.

Those doctors would be more useful on the mainland, don’t you think?

There are doctors on mainland, and they also examine the entire crew, including crew’s doctors.

A back up for a back up, redundancy is the name of the game.

The west offered help for free, there was no money spend.

Actually I was there in the flesh. I’ll put it this way, non-American companies were contracted to clean up radiation contamination in Magadan, and one of the guys was so ecstatic, that on the return flight to Seattle he could not help him self but to show me pictures of Russian sub reactors that he got to snap.

Back then smoking was allowed on Aeroflot flights, (Mavial actually), so we smoked cigars and drank Blue Label. (Walkers good stuff!) He talked, I listened

What are you like 90 now? Hey gramps, I know 8 tracks are all the rage in Russia, but please use contemporary references.

Obviously there is a generation gap here. When you grow up a bit you’ll realize that what’s important is staying young at heart. At least it’s what my wife says. I am sorry for your lack of a father figure though, we (our generation) have failed you.

Russians went from reel-to-reel straight to cassettes by the way. It was a part of the project.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Since your generation is conditioned to respond to entertainment (propaganda) values, I’ll put it to you this way.

You see KINGTIGER10, what we’re having here is “The Big Labowsky” moment.

There are many ones like it, but this one is yours, you’re Donny, and you’re out of your element.

You keep saying “And the Walrus”, with out having any idea that the wrong rug was urinated upon by somebody who is obviously not a golfer. You’re not even aware that there is a rug, much less about the chain of events which it set in motion.

Being out of the element has only three states of being, an observer, an obstacle, or a bystander.

Observers are a special type and are not to be discussed. Bystanders are usually innocent (lost), while obstacles are stubborn and dumb (because they mistakenly assume that they are invincible and permanent).

Then there’s the “over the line” moment, in which an obstacle was rightfully removed while an innocent bystander learned a valuable lesson.

Among many other “Labowsky” moments there’s also the “wringer”, the “impregnation”, the “white Russian”, and my personal favorite, “Do you see what happens Larry”, yet as much as I like such figurative curves, I will not go down that road with you, Donny, because I don’t want anybody to suddenly and accidentally realize something and have a heart attack.

You obviously like to count things. That’s a good thing, it really is.

“1,2,3,4,5, FIVE red balloons! Now haw many blue balloons do we have?!”

It’s only a natural process of self discovery, given that you’re over the flesh. Don’t mean to spoil a surprise, but eventually you’ll realize that everything you counted (thought of) has already been done INFINETLY.

From there it’s actually a choice, and the correct one is self realization. Everything before that is all about preparation, because the moment of choice is instantaneous in “given” time and infinite to you personally. It’s a moment of great epiphany when a consciousness of any given sentient life form truly connects to its reality and cuts its umbilical cord to “given” time and begins making (projecting) its own.

Consciously this happens to the very few. Most often self realization happens gradually and subconsciously through hard, diligent work, and one becomes a true professional, be it a farmer that becomes one with his land, or an intellectual that remains true to the virtues and defeats his ego and knows the limits of ambition.

Naturally there’s the other side, but let us just leave it be for now.

Everything is frequency, so I can only hope that one day you’ll graduate to making good vibes.

That’s the true domino effect problem for “bad” social engineers. Normally, just like birth, self realization is a naturally occurring event, it’s also “contagious”, and that’s why a plethora of distractions are needed to keep the “mass” from “individualizing”, while stupidity is like white noise, it can only get louder or quieter.

Ignorance is an engendered, shape shifting device which keeps a voice of reason from resonating. A chasm, black hole, a super massive meat grinder, you get the picture.

“In a grand canyon of ignorance a voice of reason carries no echo, only wisdom (love of life), like a beam of light can cut through the darkness and reach out to the ones that still care to live and love.”

You can quote me on that.

Actually maybe “5th element” will be a good fun movie for you.

You see, you’re not done “birthing” when you come out of your mother’s womb, you only assume a shape, which is then “molded”. The more you personally participate in that process before the mold “sets”, the closer you are to self realization.

Previously, elders were careful in leaving such topics to the younglings to figure out for them selves. Through the journey, their own mistakes and discoveries, young minds attain a higher value of what they have learned because only through personal experiences true values are gained, realized and respected.

Realizing that experience is a hard earned library of mistakes and obstacles overcame, the smarter ones choose to listen to the elders understanding that the simpler things are lot more reasonable to learn from somebody else’s mistakes rather then making and then having to fix your own. It’s just an issue of rational use of “given” time.

Back in the “days”, exchange of information in its various forms was as it was for ages, while unfortunately in these days of farm raised mentalities, in order to put a proper price tag on any given form of information, it is classified by its ability to create financial gain, thus the breakdown in the traditional passing of elemental knowledge between generations.

Sociologist have been very specifically quiet about this one, because when some ambitious politician throws a coined phrase like “the fabric of our society”, some people have to keep really tight lips because they work with massively huge proof positive data bases which clearly show how things really are.

Things like parents calling police to parent their children, or dropping of misbehaving kids at a fire station, or just flat out killing their own children. School shootings are in the same category of social engineering project blowbacks.

Incidentally all of the above has direct relevance to Typhoon, because rather then bare technology it represents a specific survival philosophy, resolve, willingness to sacrifice and lead a Life of War.

MAD was not the final word by far. LoW was the closets we got..

MAD has variables. 1st - infinite offensive posturing (which is impossible), 2nd - mutually assured destruction.

LoW does not have variables; it’s a constant that formed from the beginning of human civilasation.

Winter, besieged Leningrad, a T-34 factory is assembling tanks while under direct German fire. The roof is blown out by bombardment, walls are crumbling under artillery fire, Red Army soldiers and volunteer civilians are on the walls firing with clear LOS of the advancing German troops and armor.

On the assembly line, a welder is teaching a young teenager how to weld on the fly with out stopping for a second. German tank round goes through the wall and shrapnel kills the worker. His body is moved aside, the teen is now the welder, and he continues the production.

To understand where that comes from, you might want to rent yet another film, “Andrei Rublev”, and pay attention to the part where at 12-13 year old son of a bell maker had to manage a pouring of a bell after his father died and took all of his secrets to the grave.

Back at the factory of Leningrad, from the end of the assembly line, raw steel rumbles directly into the battle to defend the factory. When they were short on tank crews, crews were filled in by enlisting unskilled factory workers. For example, when a new experienced welder survives the trip and makes his way to the factory, that same kid could end up as a loader in the tank that he was just welding.

LIFE OF WAR, “voennaya zhizn”, is when a state of war IS your home, and IS your Life.

Stalingrad.

For 18 months an elderly gentleman (late 50s early 60s) armed with Mosin bolt action went to a one man whole which he dug him self, and exchanged fire with the Germans on daily bases. He ate his lunch there, did his business there, but kept the position clean, reinforced and combat ready at all times.

At night fall he went to the basement of his bombed out apartment building where his wife cocked him a dinner meal.

The Germans knew him by name, knew that he’s literally defending his home, and the street his was defending never fell to the Germans.

Something less Soviet perhaps?

Cossacks, Napoleonic war.

A drunken bunch, sitting by a camp fire, singing, drinking, eating “saalo”, garlick and what ever they hunted down while they were still sober. A village boy that was tasked with bringing them “gorilka” (moonshine) tells them of the French army convoy which is approaching the village.

Cossacks immediately get exited from the INTERTAINMENT value gained from pillaging the supplies of the French convoy, quickly mount their horses and shortly after continue the party but with the added benefits of French wine and other spoils.

The bodies of the French are dragged into the forest, horses/spoils taken, carriages are burned. With in a few days the bodies are eaten by wild life, and when a French patrol is sent to investigate the disappearance of the convoy, they find absolutely no evidence of its existence.

Shall we go all the way back to the Vikings and the Golden Horde or is the point has been made?

Life of War. Typhoon represents a complete synergy of lessons learned from centuries of LoW, it’s a final revenge weapon, designed specifically to survive at all costs and strike back automatically even if it suffers catastrophic damage, and even if all crew is dead.

From testing Soviets knew long time ago that at crush depth subs don’t crumble like soda cans, instead the reverse of explosive decompression happens. A pinhole sized crack/fracture in a welding seam is enough to INSTANLY fill the entire cavity with massive overpressure vapor which kills everyone on board in an eye blink. Even secured hatches are blown out like they were aluminum foil.

Only strengthened double bulkheads can withstand the blast, and are actually designed to SEPARATE instead of taking the brunt of the blast.

MODULAR construction, crumple (deformation) zones, double hulled, autonomous sections designed to separate in case of catastrophic failures. Similar to space stations.

It is a doom weapon. When it goes out on patrol, its main mission is to come back, and I’m only glad that Cold War philosophy is slowly drifting from total commitment towards localized skirmishes.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
955 is a representation of that philosophy. It’s no longer a total commitment of LoW doom type scenario, it’s a bit more flexible, manageable, negotiable version of if.

Something just crossed my mind; did you say you have students? Are they human or is it a seasonal thing? Here I am giving a free lecture to a disrespectful pedagogue, which is an oxymoron in it self, while the rest of ATS is looking a bit like a dry river bed.

What exactly do you teach may I ask?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Iskander he has asked you 6 times the same question - will you answer that question and stop ignoring it . quoting reams of history is one thing - ignoring direct questions is something totally ignorant.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Iskander he has asked you 6 times the same question - will you answer that question and stop ignoring it .

Which question?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

S-19 has a 4950 kg payload 105.6 TONNES

Ss-19 is liquid propellant. Liquid propellant missiles typically have greater throw weight for any given missile weight. A Peacekkeeper, scaled up to 105.6 tons would have a throw weight of ~4750kg just using scaling laws, a bit more when you factor in reduced drag and a better mass fraction of fuel.

Back to the old topic. Throw weights for slbms are based on "The greatest throw-weight demonstrated in flight tests of an ICBM or SLBM of a new type shall be no less than the maximum calculated throw-weight that an ICBM or SLBM of that type could deliver to a distance of 11,000 kilometers for ICBMs, or to a distance of 9500 kilometers for SLBMs." START TREATY

This allows comparison among slbms. The bulava, with a throw weight of 1.15 tonnes , equivalent to the topol-m, but to a shorter maximum range. 11000 km vs 9500km, but is 10 tonnes lighter then topol-m and less aerodynamic.

Compare that 1.15 tonnes to the trident d-5 at 58.5 tonnes and a throw weight of 2800kg. A bulava blown up to 58.5 tonnes would have a throw weight of ~1830kg, slightly more when considering other factors. Russian should stick with the r-29rm slbm and leave the solid propellant business to the experts.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

S-19 has a 4950 kg payload 105.6 TONNES

Ss-19 is liquid propellant. Liquid propellant missiles typically have greater throw weight for any given missile weight. A Peacekkeeper, scaled up to 105.6 tons would have a throw weight of ~4750kg just using scaling laws, a bit more when you factor in reduced drag and a better mass fraction of fuel.

Back to the old topic. Throw weights for slbms are based on "The greatest throw-weight demonstrated in flight tests of an ICBM or SLBM of a new type shall be no less than the maximum calculated throw-weight that an ICBM or SLBM of that type could deliver to a distance of 11,000 kilometers for ICBMs, or to a distance of 9500 kilometers for SLBMs." START TREATY

This allows comparison among slbms. The bulava, with a throw weight of 1.15 tonnes , equivalent to the topol-m, but to a shorter maximum range. 11000 km vs 9500km, but is 10 tonnes lighter then topol-m and less aerodynamic.

Compare that 1.15 tonnes to the trident d-5 at 58.5 tonnes and a throw weight of 2800kg. A bulava blown up to 58.5 tonnes would have a throw weight of ~1830kg, slightly more when considering other factors. Russian should stick with the r-29rm slbm and leave the solid propellant business to the experts.

Well it doesn't even matter Russia:
1. Has more nukes.
2. Russian nukes hold more yield.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
[Mod Edit]

DO NOT Post One Character over fifty times with nothing else to support it.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

A Peacekkeeper, scaled up to 105.6 tons would have a throw weight of ~4750kg just using scaling laws, a bit more when you factor in reduced drag and a better mass fraction of fuel.

i am not interested in speculation , the MX had a payload of 3950 kg , while soviet SS-24 solid fueled missile had a payload of 4.05 tons .....

Year Deployed: 1986
Dimensions: 21.6 meters length, 2.34 meters diameter
Weight: 88,450 kilograms
Propulsion: Three stage solid plus liquid PBV, cold launch
Throw-weight: 3,950 kilograms
www.cdi.org...&f/database/usnukes.html#mx

on SS-24:

Payload (t)

www.fas.org...

and Russia deploying liquid fueled missiles is a policy of their state, okay ...

The sale of SS-19 stages most likely exhausts Ukraine's ability to supply previously non-deployed ICBMs to Russia. Although Ukraine still possesses about 55 disassembled SS-24 ICBMs awaiting disposal, these solid-fueled missiles are unlikely to be of much use to the SRF, as their solid fuel would require complete replacement. In contrast to liquid-fuel missiles, which can be stored in defueled state, there is no way to store solid-fuel missiles in that state, or to arrest the decomposition processes within their fuel elements
cns.miis.edu...

clearly economic reasons ...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lambo Rider

yes, it has a larger stockpile , but the numbre of nukes deployed is lesser than USA

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

yes, it has a larger stockpile , but the numbre of nukes deployed is lesser than USA

Good point. Both countries have enough warheads to obliterate one another. Both are reducing their stockpiles, and neither are going to war with each other.

i am not interested in speculation , the MX had a payload of 3950 kg , while soviet SS-24 solid fueled missile had a payload of 4.05 tons .....

IT is not speculation, just an important fact that needs to be pointed out. ~17 tonnes heavier and only 100kg more throw weight. Peacekeeper's first stage had a 92.5% fuel loading (by mass). In comparison the smaller trident d-5 has a 94%+ fuel loading for the first stage, and even the small third stage has a 92.9% feul loading. Then again, the trident d-5 costs twice as much, lb for lb, as does the peacekeeper.

Even russia's best liquid propellant missiles do not top U.S.s best solid propellant missile's lb for lb. And when you factor in density, for get about it!!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
you need to remember that whilst US ICBM`s will be armed with nukes - russian ICBM`s can be armed with not only nucleaer , but also biological agents.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
you need to remember that whilst US ICBM`s will be armed with nukes - russian ICBM`s can be armed with not only nucleaer , but also biological agents.

And those ICBM`s have TVC engines and anti laser coverings to be imune off the ABL system...

TVC to dodge THAAD.

Anti laser layers to defeat ABL.

And to top it off: They have better range.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by James R. Hawkwood]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James R. Hawkwood

And those ICBM`s have TVC engines and anti laser coverings to be imune off the ABL system..

And wings to fly into the heavens where they will be they will be blessed by God and made immune to all harm.

TVC to dodge THAAD. Anti laser layers to defeat ABL.

I ask you to do some research and stop posting this drivel.

And to top it off: They have better range.

Please read my previous posts so you do not look like a fool. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by James R. Hawkwood

huh what?

you should read Biohazard by ken alibek

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And wings to fly into the heavens where they will be they will be blessed by God and made immune to all harm.

Sadly, god doesnt excist and what i wrote is a fact.

I ask you to do some research and stop posting this drivel.

I wouldnt write iff i didnt knew the awnser and/or reaction wasnt correct... And i did my research and iff you want sources: feel free to ask for them.

Please read my previous posts so you do not look like a fool. Thanks in advance.

Minuteman III range: 9700 KM.
RT-UTTH Topol M range: 11.000 KM.

And please, dont call me a fool.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join